ForumsThe TavernNostalgia

63 23458
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I found this site last year.
http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/catalog_directory.html
I used to be a big Radio Shack customer back in the middle 80's all the way to 1994.
I bought Speakers, a tape player, some expensive (at the time) headphones The Optimus Pro 70(I still use them), an equalizer, a couple electronic kits, resistors, batteries packs, antennas, etc.
On the site, you can actually flip the pages of the catalogs.
I spent at least 3 hours one evening just looking at them.
It's amazing to be able to see the changes in technology over the decades from 1940 to 2000.

It brings back lots of good memories to me.
Anyway post your nostalgic memories here. Share the links if they exists so that we can see them.

• 63 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

This baby gave me lots of pleasure http://www.soundsclassic.com/listpix/optimus312030.jpg . I had it right under my TV so I could see the LEDs flashing green, yellow and red while I was watching a movie or when I was listening to my CD compilations.
I bought it for $120 in 1992 and used it for 8 years.
Why did I sell it? ;(

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

It didn't work the first time.

http://www.soundsclassic.com/listpix/optimus312030.jpg

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I'll bet I'm the only one here who grew up with the Rugrats!

Ehh... it was a little after my time. It came out when I was 9, but it seemed a little young for my tastes even at the time.

TV-wise, my childhood basically revolved around Scooby Doo reruns. I was completely obsessed with that show for at least a couple years.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

TV-wise, my childhood basically revolved around Scooby Doo reruns. I was completely obsessed with that show for at least a couple years.

I loved Scooby Doo, Conan the Adventurer, TMNT, Gargoyles, and reruns of Bugs Bunny (with Road Runner, Wile-E Coyote, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig,
Yosemite Sam, redneck Elmer Fudd, Foghorn Leghorn, Marvin the Martian, Tweety Bird & Sylvester), Tom and Jerry, Yogi Bear, and Woody Woodpecker (major retard).
That's nostalgia big time! xD
joeybetz
joeybetz
107 posts
Shepherd

Did anybody play this game as a kid? [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gULfTTGPuDE[/url]

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Did anybody play this game as a kid?

Nope, I have never even heard of it.

More of a DigDug and Galaxian guy myself. Play them on my PS2 sometimes. Wish they were on my Atari. That would be nice.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Did anybody play this game as a kid? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gULfTTGPuDE

Never heard of it.
More of a DigDug and Galaxian guy myself.

I played those and there was 3 very old games I used to play at the arcade. One was Pingo (It was a maze game), Some kind of Mutant game in which you unmixed aliens to give them their original form. If you missed, they got mutated even more. The last one was a bandit that was chased by cops in caves. I spent so many quarters in this game. xD
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Also I miss lots of TV shows. Johnny Bravo was such a great show. It was so funny. I can only watch it now when it is on Boomerang. Dexter's Laboratory was also a really good show.

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

I miss VCRs. I remember when I was about 5 or 6 years old and my Dad bought a TV set for the first time. That was back in 2000. He bought a VCR and an analog TV screen. Today, in 2012 we have a digital TV and a DVD player. Back in 2002 when my parents bought cell phones they had these cell phones that looked like miniature house phones. Today, in 2012 we have cell phones that are so thin and are basically miniature computers.
I've really enjoyed growing up and watching the technology change over time.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

One thing I miss the most now is snow. Where I live there's not much of it. When I was kid, playing in snow was my favorite sport! xD

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

One thing I miss the most now is snow.

I didn't even see snow until I was about 8. Mostly I have lived in places that get little to no snow. Now I live further north and get some snow and I don't really like it. Snow=cold, and I hate the cold.
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

I miss the days of playing footy in the park with the other kids in the neighborhood. Back when I was actually good at something involving physical activity.

JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

I'll bet I'm the only one here who grew up with the Rugrats!

Nope. I used to watch it as a kid.
CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

One thing I miss the most now is snow.
Come to Alberta where we have 10 months of winter and two months of bad sledding! I am now trying to get my sled started to park it until the next snowfall but can't get it done. Crapola... Must have flooded the biatche!
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Nope. I used to watch it as a kid.

Were you as outraged as I was when they came out with that stupid "All Grown Up" spinoff? I lost a lot of respect for Nickelodeon when they aired it.

Do you remember shows like "All That" or "Kenan & Kel" at all? I watch them online every now and then, and they're still a riot! The shows they air now are NOTHING compared to the ones they aired in the 90's!

Back when I was actually good at something involving physical activity.

Lol... it's never too late to get back in shape! This does not have to be nostalgia!
Showing 16-30 of 63