ForumsSupport ForumFlash Games...Flash Site?

7 2052
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Well, it has obviously occurred to me that this is indeed a flash based community gaming site. My brilliant idea, is not original, but me be adopted by armor games!! I was on my myspace page last night, and i thought to myself..."I love flash so much, I'm going to try and obtain a flash layout!" Turns out i got one at reliable source. My idea, is to have the profile made of flash. I'm sure the developers will understand me.. many members won't. For example. Just take a look at www.myhotflash.com they make the flash profiles. I just thought it would be awesome to have on a "flash" site. Also, i did not want to put this in the official stickied thread because i would like for more people to review/discuss it. Thanks for your time!

-Arax 0_X

• 7 Replies
Girl_Power
Girl_Power
379 posts
Peasant

Should this go in Progamming Help?

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Granted, I am no programming or network guru...but considering how many things we have here, wouldn't that bog the whole site down a little bit? Just seems like it would.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

pooey, i hadn't taken the fact that most members are youngins and have not purchased a 1337 computer such as i. Well, to run flash all you really need is the latest Macromedia Flash player correctly installed. It does not necessarily have requirements such as GFX or Sound card reqs. Flash should work on all computers that have the latest flash player files. If not, they can simply download them from the adobe site.

As for bogging the site down, when you buy a domain such as this, it comes standard with a massive bandwidth and storage. Should be able to handle almost anything on the site.

-Arax 0_X

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I wouldn't like to have a full flash website....In my opinion they are silly.

It gets really annoying, especially because it takes longer to load and you cant go from bit to bit quickly...

KingRyan

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I'd agree with kingryan- not everybody has leet internet.

The main issue from the user point of view is that- sites coded entirely in flash look really nice and the interface can have a splendid degree of interaction, but certainly are not suitable for larger sites that are being added to with as much regularity as AG is.

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

Yes, like many people said, Flash coded sites hold a lot of possibilities, and can be really neat, but it just doesn't work for big sites.

Really, if it was on a big site like this, it would take forever to load! This would be just horrible for people with slow internet. Also it would be kind of hard to just now after this site has been made like this, to change everything to flash.

I just don't think this would work to well.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I think the most notable example that I know of converting their site into flash applications is Neopets. And yes, apparently it causes everything to chug like crazy.

Showing 1-7 of 7