Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

is abortion ok?

Posted Aug 1, '12 at 11:48pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,147 posts

Problem is that people with low IQ don't understand their situation and thus have more children where people with higher IQ do the exact opposite.

you know, you mentioning that reminded me of something else. Has anyone of you ever read the marching morons, the little black bag, or seen idiocracy. the "smart" people have decided they should never have kids, while the "dumb" people follow their instincts. The situation in those stories is coming, and at the rate it's going, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in a few decades.

In that picture i posted, i don't see a tail, i see arms and legs and a smashed head, how does that look creepy?

Posted Aug 2, '12 at 1:04am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,666 posts

Knight

In that picture i posted, i don't see a tail, i see arms and legs and a smashed head, how does that look creepy?

What you see in the picture is the point at which most abortions take place. This is about 5-6 weeks in. As for your image it looks a bit over developed. This is 11 weeks.
http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/img/week11-fetus.jpg

Posted Aug 2, '12 at 1:20am

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,147 posts

Still looks human, just saying. Using an argument that it doesn't even look like a human is pointless with that picture.

Posted Aug 2, '12 at 1:34am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,666 posts

Knight

Still looks human, just saying. Using an argument that it doesn't even look like a human is pointless with that picture.

I get the impression you may have either missed or are intentionally over looking the point being made in that pic. That verse in particular is just demonstrating the ill use of emotional pleas. Of course as it further develops it will begin to look more human like as that's what it's developing into. But it ain't there yet. Even at these stages where it begins to take on a more human appearance there is no real brain activity.
These human features you are toting there is only about a weeks difference between the two when they first begin to appear.

Posted Aug 2, '12 at 5:08am

alaRi

alaRi

72 posts

No its not because you than kill one people.

Posted Aug 2, '12 at 5:43am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,666 posts

Knight

No its not because you than kill one people.

And how are you defining person?

Posted Aug 2, '12 at 5:52am

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,939 posts

Knight

If abortion is so wrong, then why do you allow it that a big part of the pregnancies abort naturally, at different stages?
Why is it so wrong to actively take control of a natural process in order to keep control of ones lives? America, land of the free, and women cannot even decide about their lives?

Why does it make it so special only because it looks human? It's not a fully developed human yet, it's future existence is uncertain. The woman's future however is much more certain, she's a fully developed human and has a right to decide about her body and her life.

Posted Aug 2, '12 at 11:50am

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,147 posts

I get the impression you may have either missed or are intentionally over looking the point being made in that pic. That verse in particular is just demonstrating the ill use of emotional pleas. Of course as it further develops it will begin to look more human like as that's what it's developing into. But it ain't there yet. Even at these stages where it begins to take on a more human appearance there is no real brain activity.
These human features you are toting there is only about a weeks difference between the two when they first begin to appear.

I was talking about your second picture, the 11 week one. It looked the same as mine, so you are using an argument that when the two babies look exactly alike one is more developed. And you said there are no brainwaves, so, why does that mean it is not living, and what if we can't just detect them?

If abortion is so wrong, then why do you allow it that a big part of the pregnancies abort naturally, at different stages?

I never said there was nothing wrong with natural abortions, just the artificial ones, if you want the world population to go down. you could just stop having sex.

Posted Aug 2, '12 at 12:34pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,564 posts

if you want the world population to go down. you could just stop having sex.

You're either extremely naive, or extremely disillusioned and not yet older than 14.

Also, again. Condoms. That's what they're for.

And you said there are no brainwaves, so, why does that mean it is not living, and what if we can't just detect them?

It's not that it is not living, the "no brainwaves" means that it is just an organic lump under development. Until it does have brainwaves, it is literally the same as a tumor, feeding off the body in order to grow.

I've already gone over how "what if" arguments are very bad to use. That goes for this as well. Anyone can turn a "what if" argument around to mean the opposite of what you used it for.

"What if" our current methods are wrong and brainwaves don't start until later? (Not very likely)

I never said there was nothing wrong with natural abortions, just the artificial ones

So you do think there's something wrong with natural abortions?

Posted Aug 2, '12 at 4:03pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,147 posts

I don't understand, how come some stupid animal is considered a person, while a human being is not, please enlighten me.

So you do think there's something wrong with natural abortions?

did you listen to what i said, i said there is nothing wrong with natural abortions, just artificial ones.

if you do the math, according to this thread, the percent of the population that believes in abortion could be only 40.2%

Reply to is abortion ok?

You must be logged in to post a reply!