Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

is abortion ok?

Posted May 19, '12 at 11:34pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

kasic ninjad me whit that. but anyway..

She could simply put it at the front door of a government building and it's not her problem anymore.

the government will search for the mother.
by camera images and hospital records.

Posted May 19, '12 at 11:35pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,673 posts

Knight

I guess if she was ***** you can make an exception. I wasn't thinking of that. However I still don't like the idea, but I see where you are going.

What of situations where she was trying to act responsible and the precautions to prevent pregnancy failed?
What of situations where carrying the child to term would be harmful to her and could even cost the mother her life?
What of situations where the child would having nothing but a short and painful life or perhaps even worse a long life of nothing but suffering?
What of a situation where if the woman is unable to meet the costs of having a child and that if she does abort this would give her the chance to become financially stable allowing for a future child to have a good life, where as the previous one would not?

Did you know that quite a sizeable amount of pregnancies terminate themselves before the potential mother would even know that she's pregnant? Should we arrest everyone that miscarries for murder or manslaughter?

If I remember correctly it was something like 25-30% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. Essential a natural abortion.

Posted May 20, '12 at 1:18am

Somers

Somers

1,486 posts

I saw the south park episode a few nights ago, where cartman collects stem cells to duplicate a taco bell, so in some cases abortion is good :)

My family is very **** conservative and believes abortion is never an option no matter what. In my opinion

What of situations where she was trying to act responsible and the precautions to prevent pregnancy failed?

Adoption?

What of situations where carrying the child to term would be harmful to her and could even cost the mother her life?

I believe this is a good situation where abortion would be acceptable, and if its hurting the mother, something could possibly be wrong with the kid.

What of situations where the child would having nothing but a short and painful life or perhaps even worse a long life of nothing but suffering?

Like a bad homelife, or some sort of mental/bodily disease? Thats debatable, i wanna say its better to live than not live at all

What of a situation where if the woman is unable to meet the costs of having a child and that if she does abort this would give her the chance to become financially stable allowing for a future child to have a good life, where as the previous one would not?

A box of condoms runs around 10 dollars. A kid runs about alot of $$$ in its lifetime. Adoption could be an option.

Women are the ones taking the risk of having a child by having sex,and if impregnanted they should take the responsibility of carrying it to the point where they should give it away rather than aborting it.

Posted May 20, '12 at 1:23am

loco5

loco5

1,289 posts

Adoption centers aren't empty bro, they are nearly overflowing, and is just a drain on money

Posted May 20, '12 at 1:39am

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

Women are the ones taking the risk of having a child by having sex,

You make it sound like it's all their fault if they get pregnant. Let me give you a hint: there's more than one person involved in making a baby.

Adoption could be an option.

Let me pose you this: If you were a woman and got pregnant, whether through an accident (such as failed contraception) or ****, would you -really- go through with 9 months of carrying it around, the associated symptoms, the social implications and the process of birthing it when you could painlessly avoid all of that?

Posted May 20, '12 at 8:52am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,673 posts

Knight

Women are the ones taking the risk of having a child by having sex,and if impregnanted they should take the responsibility of carrying it to the point where they should give it away rather than aborting it.

Asking a woman to carry to term is asking that she risk her own life in the process. From 95-2000 one fifth of all maternal deaths (700,000) were the result of unintended pregnancy.

in the US there are about 1,370,000 abortions a year. 2008 statistics had 24 out of every 100,000 births result in the mothers death. 2004 report had an infant mortality rate of 679 per 100,000. (without abortion we could likely expect that number to be higher)

But for the sake of argument let's use those numbers. That would mean without abortion we would have about 329 women die when it could have been avoided. About 9,302 of those children that would have been aborted would die anyway during birth. That would mean about 28 of those women "taking responsibility" would die along with the child they are trying to give birth to. When instead they could have prevented it in the first place.

Posted May 20, '12 at 10:31am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

the government will search for the mother.
by camera images and hospital records.

Here, they're not allowed to search. She would remain anonymous. Every state has some form of a safe-haven law. Legally, it's not her problem anymore.

Posted May 20, '12 at 10:45am

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

Here, they're not allowed to search. She would remain anonymous. Every state has some form of a safe-haven law. Legally, it's not her problem anymore.

and what is your reply to what the others have said about it?

Posted May 20, '12 at 2:21pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

and what is your reply to what the others have said about it?

Well, for the argument of "she's at risk for those 9 months" your hypothetical already stated that she was going to have it anyway hoping it died, so that's not relevant in the situation.

Posted May 20, '12 at 2:46pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

Well, for the argument of "she's at risk for those 9 months" your hypothetical already stated that she was going to have it anyway hoping it died, so that's not relevant in the situation.

i actualy ment these arguments of abortion being a beter choise then adoption.

Yes, because overburdening the already overpopulated world and government with yet more children and people to take care of, which in turn in the future will require more resources and a job, is such a great idea.

Adoption centers aren't empty bro, they are nearly overflowing, and is just a drain on money

Let me pose you this: If you were a woman and got pregnant, whether through an accident (such as failed contraception) or ****, would you -really- go through with 9 months of carrying it around, the associated symptoms, the social implications and the process of birthing it when you could painlessly avoid all of that?

Reply to is abortion ok?

You must be logged in to post a reply!