Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

is abortion ok?

Posted Nov 6, '12 at 8:28pm

Dragonlizard7

Dragonlizard7

18 posts

Is murder okay? No. Abortion is the same thing, killing your baby is wrong and sick. If you don't want your baby, give it to a foster home instead of killing it.

Posted Nov 6, '12 at 8:34pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

Is murder okay? No. Abortion is the same thing, killing your baby is wrong and sick. If you don't want your baby, give it to a foster home instead of killing it.

Step 1: Read the first 10 pages.
Step 2: See how this has already been said.
Step 3: Read 10 more pages.
Step 4: See how the same arguments have been defeated over and over.
Step 5: Read the rest of the thread.
Step 6: Read the thread!!!

Posted Nov 6, '12 at 8:50pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,930 posts

Abortion isn't okay... The killing of innocent human beings. And sorry if this has already been posted :P This movie is a scary one about abortion: http://www.abort73.com/videos/this_is_abortion/

Posted Nov 6, '12 at 8:56pm

Dragonlizard7

Dragonlizard7

18 posts

@Kasic

No, I would just be wasting my time.

Posted Nov 6, '12 at 9:12pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

I really do wonder why I bother to repeat myself over and over and over and over...

Is murder okay?

Murder is: the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another

Notice unlawful. Abortion is legal, thus it is not murder. I'm not going to waste my time going through how a fetus younger than ~7-13 weeks is not a fully developed person, nor how it should be the would-be mother's right to choose what happens in her body.

Abortion is the same thing, killing your baby is wrong and sick.

Abortion is stopping the development of a would-be human because it is not wanted or potentially harmful to the mother.

If you don't want your baby, give it to a foster home instead of killing it.

Repeating myself from the last page: "That's asking for an extreme amount. Do you understand the social, financial, emotional, and physical implications? Every time I hear this argument I just shake my head."

Posted Nov 6, '12 at 11:21pm

Jerrbear65

Jerrbear65

106 posts

@Kasic No that is too many pages sorry if I repeated stuff from unknowing.

Do you understand the social, financial, emotional, and physical implications?

Oh please if the kid does not know until he is matured he should be fine also if financial is so bad why do people accept foster kids???? For the emotional part why ruin his childhood? Just tell him after he is a matured adult.

Posted Nov 6, '12 at 11:45pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

@Kasic No that is too many pages sorry if I repeated stuff from unknowing.

I would accept that, if it weren't for the fact that these kinds of statements get repeated every other page. One needs only to read 4% of the thread to see a complete cycle.

Oh please if the kid does not know until he is matured he should be fine

While some can be said for the kid, I was mostly speaking about the would-be mother.

also if financial is so bad why do people accept foster kids????

Various reasons.

Posted Nov 7, '12 at 12:28am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,677 posts

Knight

It is not "a lot of luck" that results in the zygote to becoming a fetus and eventually a human.

On average one in five pregnancies end in miscarriage. This is with modern medical treatment in play. So for the numbers to count on a zygote developing on it's own we would have to remove the improved odds from modern medical treatment and care.

If these states teens truly followed what they were taught, they would not be getting pregnent.

Yeah and if people behaved differently communism would work. The biological imperative doesn't allow for abstinence only.

Same comment goes to Mage - thanks for providing the facts but we must be thinking on a different path ?

Yes you're taking it from an idealist perspective that doesn't take into account the way people behave.

Have the baby and adopt it out. People know the risks that comes with Sex.

We don't have the ability to support such numbers. There is also the stigma involved that would need to be dealt with that would drive a woman to not want others to know she is pregnant to begin with.

Because this cell has the potentional to naturally develop into a person. I don't see it as a right to be able to take a life away, be it a fetus or a fully developed person (excluding other animals).

So what if it has the potential? The argument that it's alive doesn't matter as noted previously it's all life.

When it all boils down, you are denying a developing human being a right to life.

You're preventing a potential human to develop into a human. It's potential only.

No that is too many pages sorry if I repeated stuff from unknowing.

he didn't ask that you read all the pages, just the first 3rd to get a grip on the arguments so we can curve these repeated statements that have been brought up and shot down at least three or four times by now.

also if financial is so bad why do people accept foster kids????

Many foster parents tend to be financially secure first, thus leaving them in a position to b able to take on the burdens of a child.

Posted Nov 7, '12 at 1:10am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,594 posts

No, I would just be wasting my time.

Well you are wasting our (or...should I say their time...since I am just a mere observer who chimes in every now and then) time by bringing up an argument that has been shot down multiple times

Posted Nov 7, '12 at 2:53am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,032 posts

Knight

Potency to develop into a human.

*sigh* Yes, ultimately, that too. So what? Still not enough to ignore the mother's decision. The mother is not potentially human she is a human!

It is not "a lot of luck" that results in the zygote to becoming a fetus and eventually a human.

Hmmm..

"Only 30 to 50% of conceptions progress past the first trimester. The vast majority of those that do not progress are lost before the woman is aware of the conception,[12] and many pregnancies are lost before medical practitioners have the ability to detect the presence of an embryo. Between 15% and 30% of known pregnancies end in clinically apparent miscarriage, depending upon the age and health of the pregnant woman."
Source

Reply to is abortion ok?

You must be logged in to post a reply!