Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

is abortion ok?

Posted Dec 22, '12 at 5:43pm

Henryantrim

Henryantrim

1 post

I believe it is ok if the mother did not intend to have the baby such as in **** other wise it is not

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 12:52am

Demarius

Demarius

163 posts

I think abortion is ok, because it's that persons choice. It's their body and their life. Let them choose.

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 3:08am

Kasic

Kasic

5,591 posts

I believe it is ok if the mother did not intend to have the baby such as in **** other wise it is not

Going to work through this mindset again.

Why is it okay to abort in cases of **** and not other times?

Reasons I've seen for "pro-life" (and I put that in quotations for sarcasm, because pro-choice isn't anti-life and saying pro-life implies the other side is not such) given for it in order of most common...

1) Irresponsibility
2) Value/sacredness of human life
3) Physical/emotional harm (Usually referring to child, but may include mother)
4) Unwated (**** specific)
5) Child is innocent

#1 is somewhat valid. It's true that a lot of abortions could have been avoided through the use of contraception, but this doesn't account for cases of failed contraception or simple bad choices. We're human, we make mistakes.

#2 is entirely hypocritical. By making the argument that human life is sacred but allowing an exception in cases of **** is basically dehumanizing everyone who is conceived from ****. Which through logical extension is saying that how someone is conceived determines whether they are a person or not.

#3 is a double edged sword. If the child finds out that they weren't wanted and were going to be aborted but the parent changed their mind, that harms the child. On the other hand, raising an unwanted child can easily lead to situations of abuse and high stress on the mother. Even through adoption, the mother still has to deal with the social stigma and physical labor.

#4 is backtracking to pro-choice. Simply reasoning that a woman should be able to abort in cases of **** because she did not want to have a child extends to every situation in which the woman did not want to have a child and accidentally ended up pregnant.

#5 is again, hypocritical. If the child is always innocent then it shouldn't matter if it was conceived through ****.

What it boils down to is:

If you are against abortion except in cases of **** and you believe human life is sacred/that unborn children are innocent, you're a hypocrite.

If you are against abortion because people should take responsibility for their actions, you are not taking into account other circumstances and are not considering the implications down the road. Further, you are naive to think that people simply won't make mistakes.

If you are against abortion in every case (except where mother's life would definitely be lost) then I congratulate you on at least having a consistent argument, if emotionally shallow and unnecessarily rigid in thinking.

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 3:54am

handlerfan

handlerfan

192 posts

I have worked out what I think about abortion. I am prepared to change my mind. I decide to keep my thinking on this matter between the people I trust most and I. I abstain from this going round and round in circles.

Posted Dec 25, '12 at 10:14pm

lol7776

lol7776

36 posts

i believe that it is not ok unless keeping it alive would be torcher

Posted Dec 25, '12 at 10:21pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,164 posts

Knight

Torcher? Torture?

Posted Dec 26, '12 at 12:06am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

5,011 posts

unless keeping it alive would be torcher

Torture to who? And what is considered a 'tortured life'?

Posted Dec 26, '12 at 11:03am

Cyc2u

Cyc2u

24 posts

For you pro-lifers, here are a few things to think about.
1. A young woman is planning to go to college, marry the man of her dreams and have a family. Then one day she is dragged into a alley and ***** by gang members. She becomes pregnant. Is she now forced to give up her dreams to satisfy the pro-life crowd?
2. A woman becomes pregnant. Her doctor tells her she is unfit to have a child due to health reasons. The birth will kill her. In the US, a average of 3,500 woman die every year from childbirth complications. Is the woman forced to forfeit her life for the child? Would you?
If you answered no to both then you need to rethink your pro-life stance. If you answered yes then you need to check your morals. Laws against abortion are way more immoral than the actual abortion itself. For instance, some states in the US allow custody and visitation rights for the rapist. Imagine being *****, being forced to give birth to a kid you dont want, then having to take the child to prison so it can meet its rapist dad. Extreme pro-lifers are disgusting creatures.

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 1:40am

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

1,343 posts

I'm sorry, but I still can't believe that this thread is still up. The answer to the OP question is so obvious, but yet we still have a bunch of people who say that the woman has to birth the child regardless of the circumstances. I'll make this as clear as possible.

Pro-life is so focused on the baby that it blatantly ignores the woman carrying it. Not every woman has the ability to care for a child (nor the desire for that matter), but people still seem to think that she should love her little mistake as if she had been planning for this child for years. It has been well established already that prevention is the best alternative to abortion, but bear in mind, this doesn't mean we should practice abstinence. Before all of this religious horsecrap, people were the equivalent of bonabos when it came to their sexual releases. In terms of evolution, abstinence isn't possible. So my question is: why do we expect the woman to not only remain abstinent until marriage, but also to give up all of her ambitions to become the brood mare for whoever decides to "claim" her? Thanks to abortion, people won't have to take responsibility for something that they aren't ready to handle ( financially, emotionally, or any other form).

So I ask those who disagree with this stance: are you a woman? Have you ever raised a child? Unless you have done both of these, then you have no right to make these assumptions.

-Blade

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 2:46am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

So I ask those who disagree with this stance: are you a woman? Have you ever raised a child? Unless you have done both of these, then you have no right to make these assumptions.

You see? The last part crushes all possible argument, because most of the fools arguing for pro-life are male, or haven't raised kids. It makes me want to repeat what Major Hogan once said: take a pistol, go behind that tent, and blow out what's left of your brains.

Reply to is abortion ok?

You must be logged in to post a reply!