Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

is abortion ok?

Posted Feb 17, '13 at 4:36am

xgeogander

xgeogander

175 posts

Everything is Ok. i think like that because i just do whatever i want. Problem?

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 4:06pm

Vendablebow

Vendablebow

30 posts

In cases of **** and incest if done immediately afterwards as soon as they know. I can understand that. The rest, I cannot.

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 4:23pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,566 posts

The rest, I cannot.

You're a month and a half pregnant. You lose your job and you can barely afford to keep your house. Now, you can either go out looking for a job, hoping someone will hire you, knowing that in ~7 1/2 months you'll be taking maternity leave. Or, you can keep the baby and go into some very difficult financial times.

There are more situations than just **** and incest.

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 6:10pm

Vendablebow

Vendablebow

30 posts

You're a month and a half pregnant. You lose your job and you can barely afford to keep your house. Now, you can either go out looking for a job, hoping someone will hire you, knowing that in ~7 1/2 months you'll be taking maternity leave. Or, you can keep the baby and go into some very difficult financial times.

I have been in very financial times my entire life, I also didn't go out an have sex with anyone I wanted to just to do it without protection. If that is an excuse for having an abortion, then why not just have an excuse for being an idiot, or being stupid, or being ignorant.  That entire hypothetical is flawed from the beginning, and it starts with self control and self respect.

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 6:42pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,230 posts

I have been in very financial times my entire life, I also didn't go out an have sex with anyone I wanted to just to do it without protection. If that is an excuse for having an abortion, then why not just have an excuse for being an idiot, or being stupid, or being ignorant.  That entire hypothetical is flawed from the beginning, and it starts with self control and self respect.

You are 25 years old and are having sex with your husband of 2 years. You are both using protection, but sadly, they didn't work. A couple weeks in the pregnancy, your husband loses his job (you have yet to find one in the struggling economy) and his prospects of finding another one soon are very low

Oh..and don't forget your lower class status and lack of college education

Specific enough?

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 6:54pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,939 posts

Knight

The rest, I cannot.

Fine, you can't understand. But do you also think it shouldn't be allowed, or do you at least give them the choice? Because after all, it's not your business if they want to abort, and forcing someone through 9 months of pregnancy just as a "lesson" is more than harsh.

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 6:57pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,566 posts

I also didn't go out an have sex with anyone I wanted to just to do it without protection. If that is an excuse for having an abortion, then why not just have an excuse for being an idiot, or being stupid, or being ignorant.

I'm perfectly fine with ignorant, idiotic, and stupid people not reproducing.

That entire hypothetical is flawed from the beginning, and it starts with self control and self respect.

The hypothetical did not specify the relationship the woman was in, if protection was used and it failed, what the previous job or surrounding situation was. You're the one who is automatically assuming the other things.

The point remains that there are many situations where an abortion is justified.

Why don't you tell us why, exactly, you think it's okay to abort if the baby was conceived due to **** or incest? (I'm questioning your reasoning, not arguing that they shouldn't be able to.)

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 8:47pm

Wyrzen

Wyrzen

325 posts

@pangtongshu
I mean....you're still killing a human being. But, of course, the entire argument is built off of when "life begins'.

Clearly, if science knew 100% that life began at conception, there would be almost no abortions, and vice versa for life at birth. But we don't know, so it's really a pointless topic to verse in debates since nobody really knows.

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 10:25pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,667 posts

Knight

I mean....you're still killing a human being. But, of course, the entire argument is built off of when "life begins'.

Clearly, if science knew 100% that life began at conception, there would be almost no abortions, and vice versa for life at birth. But we don't know, so it's really a pointless topic to verse in debates since nobody really knows.

It's not life beginning at birth, it'd just the continuation of life. What is put into question and what is relevant is if that life has personhood. As such early stages where abortion takes place that simply isn't possible since the mechanisms for conscious thought haven't formed yet.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 5:26am

Wyrzen

Wyrzen

325 posts

It's not life beginning at birth, it'd just the continuation of life. What is put into question and what is relevant is if that life has personhood. As such early stages where abortion takes place that simply isn't possible since the mechanisms for conscious thought haven't formed yet.

Conscious thought it's necessary to be considered 'alive' however.

For a "something" to be "alive" it has to do five of the following: Movement, Respiration, Sensitivity, Growth, Reproduction, Excretion, and Nutrition.

Reply to is abortion ok?

You must be logged in to post a reply!