Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

is abortion ok?

Posted Jul 24, '12 at 1:28pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,522 posts

Knight

there is a reason it is called sexual reproduction.

In case when you want a child, yes. But the act itself should only be labeled copulation, as it only has a certain chance to lead to reproduction. Also, 90% of the time people have sex is for pleasure, not for reproduction. So, using contraceptives is definitely responsible.

I believe abortion is wrong because the fetus is already developing.

Usually you abort while it's still an embryo, or a foetus up to the 12th week.

Something you also forget is that it might be a cell mass in development, but the mother is an already developed human who has a life, life which will drastically be altered by the pregnancy. Whose well-being do you put first, that of the adult human or that of a vaguely animal-like cell mass without brain?

Posted Jul 24, '12 at 1:50pm

unicornpoop1

unicornpoop1

1 post

If you dont like abortion, then don't do it. What if having a baby would kill the mother?

Posted Jul 24, '12 at 1:54pm

unknown456

unknown456

48 posts

Well no its not really ok to take a embryo/foetus/fetus/baby out before you know what it could be. I mean what if that child was going to solve all the worlds problems. Now yes I suppose that depends on how the parents raise him/her, but my point stands.

Posted Jul 24, '12 at 2:11pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,174 posts

Say I'm making a sandwich. I either originally wanted the sandwich. But then, I decided I didn't want the sandwich and that I wasn't hungry. Or maybe, I am allergic to bread. Either way, I can't support this sandwich for the ways that it was intended.

you are comparing two things which are vastly different. bread has no potential to be a living person, unlike a fetus.

Something you also forget is that it might be a cell mass in development, but the mother is an already developed human who has a life, life which will drastically be altered by the pregnancy.

if she willingly chose to have sex, then she knew she could get pregnant, if she didn't want to be pregnant she shouldn't of had sex.

p.s. you know, it surprises me, people care more about some stupid animal then they do about people.

Posted Jul 24, '12 at 2:11pm

BRAAINZz

BRAAINZz

797 posts

I mean what if that child was going to solve all the worlds problems.

Or it could kill millions of people. "What if..." isn't a real reasoning.

Posted Jul 24, '12 at 2:15pm

BRAAINZz

BRAAINZz

797 posts

Sorry for double post, but Ninja'd.

p.s. you know, it surprises me, people care more about some stupid animal then they do about people.

It's funny, people care more about a chance that something might live more than an already living being.

you are comparing two things which are vastly different. bread has no potential to be a living person, unlike a fetus.

Way to go with reading the metaphor.

Posted Jul 24, '12 at 2:17pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,746 posts

if she didn't want to be pregnant she shouldn't of had sex.

Hence the reason for condoms. People have sex for pleasure too, not just to reproduce.

Posted Jul 24, '12 at 2:38pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,174 posts

It's funny, people care more about a chance that something might live more than an already living being.

well you never hear anyone say anything about aborting a dolphins baby.

Posted Jul 24, '12 at 2:45pm

BRAAINZz

BRAAINZz

797 posts

well you never hear anyone say anything about aborting a dolphins baby.

That's probably because humans don't speak dolphin.

Posted Jul 24, '12 at 2:51pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,746 posts

well you never hear anyone say anything about aborting a dolphins baby

For a number of reasons...

1) There aren't an insane amount of dolphins in the world.

2) What few dolphins we have in captivity usually are bred. We want baby dolphins.

3) The reasons/means for abortion differ.

I would like for you to respond to what I said earlier btw.

"It is being responsible to use contraception when you don't want to have a child. Calling people who use condoms irresponsible isn't correct."

"Hence the reason for condoms. People have sex for pleasure too, not just to reproduce."

Reply to is abortion ok?

You must be logged in to post a reply!