Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

is abortion ok?

Posted Apr 29, '13 at 7:44pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,776 posts

Knight

that is if you see the mass of cells as life. i for one do not see it that way.
a fertilized egg cell has no more value then a cancer cell to me untill it starts having brain activity.

Brain activity would be an indication of personhood, not life. By what life is those mass of cells would be life. Which by the definition of intrinsic value that I'm using personhood would also hold such value to us and perhaps even more so than life in general.

(anyway i have not been following the entire last few pages because it didn't look like the subject of abortion. and i was to late to follow the conversation of you 2 from the beginning.)

This isn't following the arguing with Reton8. This is following the question EmperorPalpatine posed. "Is life intrinsically valuable?"

To hopefully avoid the philosophical argument of whether anything has intrinsic value, I was using the definition of intrinsic value meaning having value to itself or for it's own sake. By that definition life does have value to itself and for it's own sake to continue.

Posted Apr 30, '13 at 4:31am

partydevil

partydevil

5,119 posts

it's more a philosophical value then actual value then?
so it has more value for one then another.

Posted Apr 30, '13 at 4:57am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,260 posts

Knight

Life does have a value for us, as living beings. But this value is extremely malleable. Killing flies or ants is no problem for us, but the more it's like us, the harder it is to dispose of it. So I would not say that life has value per se. It has ecological value for other organisms, and it has idealistic value for self-conscious animals.

Posted May 17, '13 at 2:32am

mbbs112

mbbs112

174 posts

Abortion isnt okay from my opinion because i saw a T.v show where this woman was pregnant but her husband pushed her which resulted in the death of the baby but before that the baby was alive and starting to come out but it died then what happened is the baby's ghost was in the moms body trying to get out which made her feel really bad as she was gonna abort the baby then finally they got the babys ghost out of her body so abortion is not okay

Posted May 17, '13 at 2:39am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,713 posts

Abortion isnt okay from my opinion because i saw a T.v show where this woman was pregnant but her husband pushed her which resulted in the death of the baby but before that the baby was alive and starting to come out but it died then what happened is the baby's ghost was in the moms body trying to get out which made her feel really bad as she was gonna abort the baby then finally they got the babys ghost out of her body so abortion is not okay

/facepalm
I'm just...I'm just going to walk away from a bit

*hysterical laughter*

*walks back*
Ok..I'm good. So let me get this straight..
You think abortion is completely wrong..because of a T.V. show you saw?

Posted May 17, '13 at 2:58am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,776 posts

Knight

There is this little thing we have called fiction. You might want to look it up.

Posted May 17, '13 at 3:39am

Kasic

Kasic

5,734 posts

There is this little thing we have called fiction

It's also not even abortion, in the sense of a woman going to a doctor/taking a pill...

Posted May 17, '13 at 8:48am

mbbs112

mbbs112

174 posts

that t.v show wasnt fictional and i dont think abortion isnt okay because of the t.v show its because its wrong because god gifted the mother and father with a daughter/son and they just killed it....so depressing

Posted May 17, '13 at 8:59am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,242 posts

Knight

that t.v show wasnt fictional and i dont think abortion isnt okay because of the t.v show its because its wrong because god gifted the mother and father with a daughter/son and they just killed it....so depressing

It's sometimes not a gift, it's sometimes, something that can kill the mother.

Posted May 17, '13 at 10:09am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,713 posts

It's sometimes not a gift, it's sometimes, something that can kill the mother.

Or a rape baby. Go on...tell a woman that has just been raped that the baby is a gift

Reply to is abortion ok?

You must be logged in to post a reply!