Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

is abortion ok?

Posted Feb 1, '14 at 8:00pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,662 posts

Not really, you see so much marketing of contraception, you think someone would really sell a product that doesn't deliver?

It is so much of a fact that contraception (like condoms) have an 11% chance of failing that they document this "fun fact" in every Biology, Microbiology, and Physiology textbook in every university in every first world country.

Conclusion: Abortion is murder, plain and simple

You do not understand the physiology of an embryo or fetus.

Your characteristics of what stands for a human life mean we can make the analogy that spermatogonia and oocytes can be considered human life, and (females) kill one every month and (males) several ten millions 5 days out of the week.

Posted Feb 1, '14 at 8:23pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,798 posts

Knight

Rape babies are extraordinarily rare, so how does one "accidentally" get pregnant?

"RESULTS: The national rape-related pregnancy rate is 5.0% per rape among victims of reproductive age (aged 12 to 45); among adult women an estimated 32,101 pregnancies result from rape each year. Among 34 cases of rape-related pregnancy, the majority occurred among adolescents and resulted from assault by a known, often related perpetrator. Only 11.7% of these victims received immediate medical attention after the assault, and 47.1% received no medical attention related to the rape. A total 32.4% of these victims did not discover they were pregnant until they had already entered the second trimester; 32.2% opted to keep the infant whereas 50% underwent abortion and 5.9% placed the infant for adoption; an additional 11.8% had spontaneous abortion. CONCLUSIONS: Rape-related pregnancy occurs with significant frequency. It is a cause of many unwanted pregnancies and is closely linked with family and domestic violence. As we address the epidemic of unintended pregnancies in the United States, greater attention and effort should be aimed at preventing and identifying unwanted pregnancies that result from sexual victimization."
http://www.ajog.org/article/S0002-9378%2896%2970141-2/abstract

Conclusion: Abortion is murder, plain and simple. It's blaming an unborn for mistakes that aren't theirs.

You seem to have ignored the arguing points against your definition of it being murder. The fetus lacks personhood, it's not viable on it's own and lacks cognitive capabilities. As such, not yet a person. Since it lacks the characteristics to be a person (namely personhood) it couldn't be regarded as murder given as Merriam Webster defines it murder "the crime of deliberately killing a person".

Posted Feb 1, '14 at 8:32pm

Fiends

Fiends

114 posts

It is so much of a fact that contraception (like condoms) have an 11% chance of failing that they document this "fun fact" in every Biology, Microbiology, and Physiology textbook in every university in every first world country.

The cheap condoms are the ones with more possibilites of ripping, so that's their fault.

You do not understand the physiology of an embryo or fetus.

Your characteristics of what stands for a human life mean we can make the analogy that spermatogonia and oocytes can be considered human life, and (females) kill one every month and (males) several ten millions 5 days out of the week.

I didn't study human anatomy, now before you start "oh you're talking out of your durr" i'll say that what if that kid that got aborted would've turned out to be a genius?

You seem to have ignored the arguing points against your definition of it being murder. The fetus lacks personhood, it's not viable on it's own and lacks cognitive capabilities. As such, not yet a person. Since it lacks the characteristics to be a person (namely personhood) it couldn't be regarded as murder given as Merriam Webster defines it murder "the crime of deliberately killing a person".

^

I think abortion is murder, it's even worst than murder because the baby can not defend himself. If you don't want kids just close your legs or use condoms, and if you don't have money to raise the kid, then only in this case you have the option of putting the baby up for adoption, then some family could adopt the kid or if not then the kid will live in an orphanage and will go to school and when the kid is 18 he'll get a job and he'll live, at least the kid will have a chance of being adopted and live, everyone should have the right to live, it's not the baby's fault you had unprotected sex. In case of rape there's the morning after pill readily available at the hospital or even at the pharmacy in many states, and rape cases is only 1%. Abortion is murder, who doesn't agree that abortion is murder how about i kick you in the stomach when you're pregnant and make you lose your child? will that be murder? wouldn't you call me a murderer then? would you sue me for murder? would a cop arrest me for murder? a cop could arrest me for assault right? not murder since you say abortion is not murder, the only difference between abortion and me kicking a pregnant woman in the stomach is that she wants to kill the baby and the doctor is the killer, and if i kick the pregnant woman in the stomach then i'm the murderer, that's the only difference, abortion is murder! if you don't want kids just close your legs or use condoms.

I really don't believe in abortions. There is only 2 ways I think anyone should get an abortion.
Incest & rape.
And that is only if the woman wants to have it,(rape) that is.

Posted Feb 1, '14 at 8:44pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

what if that kid that got aborted would've turned out to be a genius?

Or a serial killer, or a terrorist, or a genocidal dictator?
"What Ifs" don't do well here.

There is only 2 ways I think anyone should get an abortion.
Incest & rape

If you say it's murder, and the worst kind because the fetus is defenseless, why does the method of conception suddenly dehumanize it?

Posted Feb 1, '14 at 8:46pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,662 posts

The cheap condoms are the ones with more possibilites of ripping, so that's their fault.

Is there a $30 condom I don't know about that offers a 100% success rate?

I didn't study human anatomy, now before you start "oh you're talking out of your durr" i'll say that what if that kid that got aborted would've turned out to be a genius?

You're using Supposition to bolster your arguments? I can do that too. What if you were a woman? Would you like 60 year old OBGYNs in Congress declare that you cannot choose what to do with your cervix? What if you were Homosexual? Would you agree that it's okay for countries to put you to death for being Homosexual?

In case of rape there's the morning after pill readily available at the hospital or even at the pharmacy in many states

YOU'RE CONDONING ABORTION, THE BABY WAS A DAY OLD, EVERYBODY GASP!

and rape cases is only 1%.

But that man up there with the purple font says that pregnancy from rape is more prevalent than that. And he has a fancy link that leads to an article.

I think that, because he has an article and you don't, he is more believable than you. Because he has EVIDENCE.

There is only 2 ways I think anyone should get an abortion.
Incest & rape. And that is only if the woman wants to have it,(rape) that is.

Of course she wouldn't want rape. But given your previous posts, that line of thinking likely wasn't as immediate.

Posted Feb 1, '14 at 8:52pm

Fiends

Fiends

114 posts

Is there a $30 condom I don't know about that offers a 100% success rate?

Look em up.

You're using Supposition to bolster your arguments? I can do that too. What if you were a woman? Would you like 60 year old OBGYNs in Congress declare that you cannot choose what to do with your cervix? What if you were Homosexual? Would you agree that it's okay for countries to put you to death for being Homosexual?

Out of topic Mr. Scientist.

Of course she wouldn't want rape. But given your previous posts, that line of thinking likely wasn't as immediate.

Read again.

Posted Feb 1, '14 at 9:04pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,662 posts

Look em up.

So there are some! But you're seriously expecting the commonpeople to shell out a generous amount of money every time they want to have sex? I mean, this is still an 11% chance to fail, I only used it because you initially posted that all of them had no chance to fail.

Out of topic Mr. Scientist.

This isn't out of topic in the least. You're using Supposition to back up your argument, which is emotional, not rational. I only noted that I can do that too and showed you how ridiculous it is.

Supposition. A shot in the dark. Grasping at straws. A situation that never would happen in this universe.

I am a little sad that you decided to not quote the rest of my post that further supported your hypocrisy

Posted Feb 1, '14 at 9:11pm

Fiends

Fiends

114 posts

So there are some! But you're seriously expecting the common people to shell out a generous amount of money every time they want to have sex? I mean, this is still an 11% chance to fail, I only used it because you initially posted that all of them had no chance to fail.

Then it's there fault they have an unwanted child and then the couple blame their problems on the fetus by aborting it.

I am a little sad that you decided to not quote the rest of my post that further supported your hypocrisy

Which one? I gave the answers to the ones that deserved one.

Posted Feb 1, '14 at 9:23pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,662 posts

Then it's there fault they have an unwanted child and then the couple blame their problems on the fetus by aborting it.

After the 8th week, the organism is called a fetus instead of embryo. Just so you know, the first two weeks is just a "germination". From there up until week 9, the bunches of cells is called an embryo.

Since you're comfortable with allowing women to take the morning after pill on day 1, what is wrong with week 1? Week 2? Three, four? The amount of cells is still trumped by the tens of millions of cells vanquished after one bout of ejaculation.

Which one? I gave the answers to the ones that deserved one.

You know, the part about being completely strict on the "no abortion" rule, yet still allowing for a morning after pill, being okay with abortion if the woman was undergoing incest or was raped, yet still stringent on wanting every single bunches of cells to make it to full development.

Posted Feb 1, '14 at 9:54pm

FishPreferred

FishPreferred

2,163 posts

I really don't believe in abortions. There is only 2 ways I think anyone should get an abortion.
Incest & rape.
And that is only if the woman wants to have it,(rape) that is.

You don't seem to understand the meaning of the term "rape".

In case of rape there's the morning after pill readily available at the hospital or even at the pharmacy in many states

*GASP*

Reply to is abortion ok?

You must be logged in to post a reply!