Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

is abortion ok?

Posted Apr 8, '14 at 12:31am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,511 posts

this should be the end of the discussion.

This thread is almost two years old and has over 700 posts. I assure you that your post, which contains unsupported opinions, is not sufficient. The members who post here back up their statements with references and facts. I suggest you be prepared to do the same.

Posted Apr 8, '14 at 9:45am

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,331 posts

Knight

Which abortion types are we discussing?

Personally, I believe all types of abortions should be granted except for partial-birth abortion. I've yet to see a justifiable argument for it.

Posted Apr 8, '14 at 10:00am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,515 posts

Knight

Which abortion types are we discussing?

This has mostly been a discussion on whether abortion in general is morally defendable or not. To be honest, I am not aware of several different types of abortion, or maybe I don't understand what you mean by that.

In our country, abortion is legal within the first 12 weeks p.m. (with some bureaucratic knick-knack), and later if there is a medical emergency. By the name of it, it sounds like "partial-birth abortion" does not really fall in here.

Posted Apr 8, '14 at 10:13am

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,331 posts

Knight

It is late-term abortions, which has been illegal in the US since 2003.

Also, when distinguishing, there are different trimesters when an abortion can happen. I suppose I'm asking which trimester(s) are we discussing? First term? Up to second?

Posted Apr 8, '14 at 10:33am

09philj

09philj

2,420 posts

Destroy embryos? Absolutely, no ethical problems there. Kill foetuses? More of a grey area. Any case involving a definitely conscious foetus should go to an ethics board to consider how much of a problem it would be to the mother. E.G. who is the father, physical and mental health problems, quality of future child's life.

Posted Apr 8, '14 at 11:07am

bluesky4us

bluesky4us

31 posts

up until the last 3 months should be legal.
generally it is ok.
all i seem to do is lurk on this site so no one really knows me i will try to back up that opinion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Establishment_Clause

why i bring up the word theocracy is because through history.
especially the middle ages.
people would be executed back during those times for it.

why i say that it should have been the end of discussion.

1. people felt so strong about ''gods will'' that they would not do it even to save a mothers life.

2. because that has been something that has been Iligel for thousands of years. if we are going to progress in any why that should be something the is ok and tolerated.

3. this speaks for itself. http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/
during the time you watch that clock it is like that 50+ people will be born and only 10+ people will die this is not sufficient for the future. the earth can not support lets say 10+ billion people religion Denys fact.

Posted Apr 8, '14 at 11:38am

09philj

09philj

2,420 posts

3. this speaks for itself. http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/
during the time you watch that clock it is like that 50+ people will be born and only 10+ people will die this is not sufficient for the future. the earth can not support lets say 10+ billion people religion Denys fact.

There are better ways to reduce populations than that. Anti natal policies, for example.

Posted Apr 8, '14 at 11:56am

FishPreferred

FishPreferred

1,992 posts

why i say that it should have been the end of discussion.

1. people felt so strong about ''gods will'' that they would not do it even to save a mothers life.

2. because

Which, of course, is the worst possible way of trying to end a discussion. The discussion was over until you posted. Furthermore, none of your points really make sense.
The first amendment has no bearing upon this issue whatsoever, as abortion laws do not directly relate to any religion. Why should women ground their decisions upon religion? What about atheists?

Posted Apr 8, '14 at 12:29pm

bluesky4us

bluesky4us

31 posts

sorry for bringing up a dead thread.

atheist i don't know.
maybe

****it video game time no more bigotry.

Posted Apr 8, '14 at 12:31pm

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,331 posts

Knight

Everyone (pro-lifers) stops caring about the fetus once it's born, too.

I guess it doesn't matter if a mother feels she isn't fit (financially, mentally, etc) to care for a child. But, oh no...better not have an abortion. Then once she's had the child, no mention of her situation is brought up again.

My ethical concerns lie more in the post-birth situation. Perhaps if our adoption and foster care system wasn't so horrible I'd feel otherwise.

Reply to is abortion ok?

You must be logged in to post a reply!