Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

is abortion ok?

Posted Jul 24, '12 at 3:11pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,305 posts

Knight

if she willingly chose to have sex, then she knew she could get pregnant, if she didn't want to be pregnant she shouldn't of had sex.

Of course there is always a risk to get pregnant, that's why we have contraceptives in the first place. The number of abortions would explose if people would stop using contraceptives, babies would be increasingly abandoned and left to die, and women would partly lose their independence again.
Thinking everyone will suddenly stop having sex is preposterous.

And again, there are cases where abortion is necessary because the woman is at risk. What if the woman, would she abort, be extremely successful and find the solution to all problems? There goes your argument...

Posted Jul 25, '12 at 1:40am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,856 posts

if she willingly chose to have sex, then she knew she could get pregnant, if she didn't want to be pregnant she shouldn't of had sex

Ask someone to not have sex? Especially someone not religious? That's like asking an unstoppable object to stop! We're humans, and like most creatures, our strongest will, second to survival, is to reproduce. And you haven't taken r@pe and pleasure sex into account.
And I stand by what I said before;
If the womans wants to abort, you have no right to stop her.

Posted Jul 25, '12 at 2:52am

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

2,534 posts

so far, the only people who have people who oppose abortion is the religious. the rational people clearly see that it is just a mass of organic matter that can be done with as the mother pleases. at this stage, it's basically a tumor that is religiously celebrated. doesn't that sound ridiculous? hence the house quote: "If we could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people"-House

-Blade

Posted Jul 25, '12 at 2:56am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,856 posts

I agree. Well, the religious can keep hating abortion, even though their women suffer for it, and I will reflect upon my horrible spelling.

If the womans

Posted Jul 25, '12 at 10:55pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,879 posts

You could only have a intelligent conversation over this if there was an intelligent side to no abortion. But the only one I could think of is if we were endangered as a species. But we are not, quite the opposite there are too many of us. Even if we were we as logical creatures would find a way to continue existing without subjugating other people to our will and beliefs.

Posted Jul 27, '12 at 1:52am

KingKiwi

KingKiwi

2 posts

I personally feel that abortion is something that we just need to accept as being a part of society now. There really isn't anything wrong with it because a lot of the ways they do it now would be almost completely painless to the child anyway, not that we could really tell. Besides that the child, if my information is correct, isn't technically completely developed or even really alive on it's own before it takes it's first breath.
Now I don't thin that people should just do it, but they should think about it because if they decide they want to keep the child half way through then well.. sorry your not getting it back.

Posted Jul 30, '12 at 2:42pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,113 posts

it's first breath.
that's what the Chinese think.

Now I don't thin that people should just do it, but they should think about it because if they decide they want to keep the child half way through then well.. sorry your not getting it back.
you make a good point. although you might convey a different thing to a different person but basically, every time you get an abortion, you ruin the chance that it could be someone who would love you and help you get through whatever difficulties lie ahead.

Posted Jul 30, '12 at 2:57pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,740 posts

every time you get an abortion, you ruin the chance that it could be someone who would love you and help you get through whatever difficulties lie ahead.

Every time you get an abortion, you may have just aborted a murderer, rapist, dictator, or drug addict.

"What ifs" are horrible arguments.

Posted Jul 30, '12 at 3:20pm

thepyro222

thepyro222

2,187 posts

Should abortions be legal procedures for doctors to perform? yes.
Should they be covered by medical insurance? It depends. I think that if it's ****, the abortion is justified. If the fetus is threatening the life of the mother, then yes. If it's a broken condom, then I think that the condom manufacturer should be held responsible for making an awful condom. Anything else should not be covered by medical insurance, because it's not necessary.

Posted Jul 30, '12 at 3:23pm

BRAAINZz

BRAAINZz

797 posts

that's what the Chinese think.

So now you're adding the Chinese to the list of "wrong people too?

you ruin the chance that it could be someone who would love you and help you get through whatever difficulties lie ahead.

Or you could have saved the world from another Hitler. No argument can be proven. Best not to dwell on a possibility, it will eat you from the inside out.

Reply to is abortion ok?

You must be logged in to post a reply!