Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

is abortion ok?

Posted Jul 30, '12 at 3:44pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,277 posts

Every time you get an abortion, you may have just aborted a murderer, rapist, dictator, or drug addict.

most people are good people, not what you mentioned.

So now you're adding the Chinese to the list of "wrong people too?

I didn't say that, if I did, I would have to add everyone to the list of "wrong people." The Chinese will be willing to abort any baby, that isn't per-approved by the government, until it takes its first breath.

Or you could have saved the world from another Hitler.

why do people always make a big deal about Hitler, he wasn't the worst dictator ever, but he is the only one people will mention.

Posted Jul 30, '12 at 3:52pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,591 posts

most people are good people, not what you mentioned.

So? Neither of us can prove either way what would have happened if not aborted. There could have been a miscarriage. It might have got sick and died before age 3. It may have been hit by a car. We can't say.

Hitler

Godwin's law.

Posted Jul 31, '12 at 6:09am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,082 posts

Knight

Chances aren't valid arguments, because of what they are - chances. What is your reason to say that an abortion could have killed a miracle child? If you hope that it will become a miracle child, then you're most definitely gonna be frustrated. If you don't then why use that argument?

Posted Jul 31, '12 at 12:28pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,277 posts

Chances aren't valid arguments, because of what they are - chances. What is your reason to say that an abortion could have killed a miracle child?

no, i hope it will be a person.

Posted Jul 31, '12 at 1:40pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,082 posts

Knight

Which it will, if it isn't aborted naturally. Since it will become a person like any other, it has no special claim to existence. So if it is threatening the mothers health, there is no special reason not to abort. Right?

Posted Jul 31, '12 at 1:54pm

BRAAINZz

BRAAINZz

601 posts

Which it will, if it isn't aborted naturally. Since it will become a person like any other, it has no special claim to existence. So if it is threatening the mothers health, there is no special reason not to abort. Right?

That does make a lot of sense. Also, there are too many humans, and each one added only makes the planet worse, so if they're nothing special, can't we abort a lot more for the good of the planet?

(Not trying to belittle your argument HahiHa, legitimate post)

Posted Jul 31, '12 at 3:32pm

jimbol

jimbol

2 posts

in my view no. abortion is not ok.

Posted Jul 31, '12 at 6:25pm

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

1,343 posts

look man, your argument is basically as pointless as trying to hold water with a strainer, and just as hard to accomplish. you are using "what if", which is a terrible argument style (almost as bad as afterburner's little stunt where he tried to put words in our mouths). while you deal in possibilities, the rest of us will deal in facts, and one fact is that the "worshiped tumor's" wellfare is up to the mother. if the mother doesn't want a tumor to grow into something much worse, then it is her right to get rid of it. abortion is like chemo, it's the patient's descision as to whether or not the procedure should be done.

-Blade

Posted Aug 1, '12 at 12:33pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,277 posts

So you are saying, that as long as your mother has custody over you, see has the right to kill you, just go where ever you are and make your body shut down?

Posted Aug 1, '12 at 12:41pm

BRAAINZz

BRAAINZz

601 posts

ee has the right to kill you, just go where ever you are and make your body shut down?

No, but while your not-quite sentient, sure.

Reply to is abortion ok?

You must be logged in to post a reply!