ForumsWEPREvolutionism or creationism

1486 247132
Freon
Freon
24 posts
Nomad

im just opening this topic so that people can have a NICE, FREINDLY place to talk about their beliefs, i Myself believe in evolutionism

• 1,486 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

It's one of the smallest particles known that are some of the building blocks to a lot of things like protons and neutrons.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Oh, how does a quark evolve? like becoming protons and neutrons. either way, if it becomes that stuff then it obviously leads to atoms, which lead to physical matter...i think

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Roughly, yes.

It's all about finding the beginning of the universe. That means that something had to be made from nothing. If that is not possible then that means that there was infinitely something. For something to be infinite that means it has no beginning at all, it just always was.

Lennywins
Lennywins
130 posts
Nomad

Who's to say? Even if we were created by some Higher Power, how would we know who did it? With so many different religions, not everyone can be right. Even people who worship the same god in a different way kill each other over this. Aditionally, from a monotheistic point of view, who says God didn't create a bunch of randomly assorted matter, maybe a few simple organisms in there somewhere, and let it all take it's course? Christians seem to think God just stuck us here on good ol' planet Earth the way it is now, and we've been running amok ever since, with the beginning of people being the beginning of time. But how about those dinosaurs? If it's been the same all along, where did they go? Or are fossils all a hoax, along with carbon dating, evolution, and a whole load of scientific evidence? I can tell you for sure, things have changed since the beginning of time, and people were very likely not the first creatures on the scene. Creatures like us having to compete with dinosaurs is just no comparison. We're too big to hide, too small and soft to really be very imposing without all our precious technology. We would have needed some way to avoid the dinosaurs and survive whatever killed them before being able to survive as little pink smooshy things without any claws. I see no problem with having been a monkey, as long as it means I was agile enough to keep out of their reach for a few million years.

tokyo5335
tokyo5335
6 posts
Nomad

creationism. i find that its easier to believe God created the universe than it just spotaneously came to be

Xanatu
Xanatu
139 posts
Nomad

tokyo,is the easy way out the better way?I defenitly believe in evolution,and not creationism.you see,on creationism's side in terms of evidence is a book written thousands of year ago,while evolution has a ton of modern,believable scientific evidence.

notataco
notataco
189 posts
Nomad

i believe strongly in my religion (christianity) but some things like this to say i think are just better left to the unknown. I mean if we are not to know, then who are we to know

warmech711
warmech711
89 posts
Nomad

what carlie said on pg. 4 just about sums up what i was goin to say

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Well, I used to be a staunch Christian and Creationist, but over time I have completely lost both of those beliefs and replaced them with the decidedly more scientific belief of evolution.

I agree that evolution and creation can co-exist to a point, but it is hard for Christianity and evolution to coexist in my book. After all, if evolution is true, we are just one more step in the unending chain of natural selection. In other words, we're nothing special. If Christianity is true, we are the pinnacle of God's creation, created in his own image. What does that have to say for the things that will come after us then, or the billions of species that came before us to alter our evolutionary course?

After all, there were so many time periods throughout the ages that if one tiny little minute change had not occurred, or if another one had occurred instead, we could quite likely be a COMPLETELY different species with completely different traits in a completely different world.

See what I'm saying?

Humans are said to have been created in god's image because we ARE humans and we want to feel special. It is somewhat unsettling to think that we're not the hotshots we think we are. We're one blip in the universe's sight, period.

Unlike some others, I find comfort in that thought.

warmech711
warmech711
89 posts
Nomad

but what happens is the two beliefs (evol. create.) clash at the point where it says god created man as it was and no evolution took place, so i think both are a little one sided

SeoMX
SeoMX
89 posts
Nomad

i believe strongly in my religion Christianity, and lots of things that are unknown should be left unknown, what do we know, probably we won't like the answer!!

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

What is the actual definition of Creationism?

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Well, I guess it differs from person to person.

To me, Creationism is loosely defined as the belief that an intelligent entity intentionally created humans and/or the universe.

From there on, it can differ dramatically.

warmech711
warmech711
89 posts
Nomad

Creationism is a religious belief that humanity, life, the Earth, and the universe were created in their original form by a deity or deities (often the Abrahamic God of Judaism, Christianity and Islam), whose existence is presupposed. In relation to the creation-evolution controversy the term creationism (or strict creationism) is commonly used to refer to religiously-motivated rejection of evolution.

warmech711
warmech711
89 posts
Nomad

those who accept the scientific theory of biological evolution by natural selection or genetic drift are often called "evolutionists", and the theory of evolution itself is referred to as "evolutionism" by creationists.

Showing 61-75 of 1486