ForumsWEPREvolutionism or creationism

1486 247562
Freon
Freon
24 posts
Nomad

im just opening this topic so that people can have a NICE, FREINDLY place to talk about their beliefs, i Myself believe in evolutionism

• 1,486 Replies
Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

Thats a me. Lol. Mario always kill me. (makes me laugh) I'm a evolutionist, I guess.

riboflavinbob
riboflavinbob
5 posts
Nomad

Evolution all the way. There are just too many creationist myths to choose from. Too many for there to be one truth.
But evolution is still expanding and growing, so there you have it.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Why can the two not coexist? Couldn't it be that God created the universe, and then set evolution in place to help shape it? I am too knowledgeable in geology and the study of evolution to deny that it happens, but I can't say that God had nothing to do with it.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

All the scientists say that it is evolution, but I believe God created us.

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Well, Carlie, I believe that for that possibility to be true, you must believe in a god other than the Judeo-Christian or Islamic one.

If we are speaking of an unknown god or something, then sure, I suppose it could exist. It's so impossible to know, by pure definition, that there is no logical reason to believe in it. It'd be like believing in unicorns or something.

To be fair, not ALL scientists say that. Why do you believe that, though, firetail, other than the fact that your religion suggests it?

zombieslayer
zombieslayer
94 posts
Nomad

i beleive that god created adam and eve but to stop inbreeding he made apes evolve and gave them souls

p.s.animals dont have souls so without god evolutionism could not happen
that is if your christian

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Hmm....not trying to be rude here, zombie, but that is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard on this topic.

He made apes evolve and gave them souls to stop inbreeding?

Why the heck would he not just MAKE more?

Not to mention the fact that apes DIDN'T evolve into humans...humans and apes evolved from a common ancestor, not just a straight ladder. We're cousins, so to speak, not parent-child.

How can you make the statement that we DO have souls and yet say that animals don't? There is no proof for either suggestion.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Raz, I couldn't have said it better myself.

I really can't understand creationism. It also seems absurd that a higher power would just plop a fully-developed human on the planet when everything else evolved...

zombieslayer
zombieslayer
94 posts
Nomad

razaki tell me that animals do have souls after you read all the way through book of genesis

yah thats what i thought

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Okay zombie, we are about to take a ride.

First, your logic is and validity are so far off it's hilarious.

Second, explain to me how every word in the Bible is true and not metaphorical or even mistranslated.

Third, I'm Jewish and in the Torah it specifically says that all living creatures created UNDER GOD (thus meaning clones may not have souls, which I'm about to start a topic on), possess souls. Now this is in the Old Testament, buddy. So, the Hebrew translation is that they do.

Fourth, in the 90's John Paul the Deuce announced that animals do have souls in a speech he was giving.

Fifth, all of this will boil down to semantics. So, if you are willing to get into a semantics war with a number of skilled logicians on this site, just ask. Because we could stretch this out.

zombieslayer
zombieslayer
94 posts
Nomad

im good cause i know you would win figuring your probably much smarter than me
i mean my IQ is only 114

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

*points to Asherlee's post*

What she said.

Using the Bible like that is completely useless; to even establish it as a credible source, you'll have to do something that no one has even done: prove it's written by god.

Heck, just answer some of the blatant errors in it first, then start talking about it's perfection.

Third, the point about animals having souls was a very minor one. What about the OTHER points I made?

zombieslayer
zombieslayer
94 posts
Nomad

true but the bible is the only true way to prove creationism right or wrong

zombieslayer
zombieslayer
94 posts
Nomad

by the way asherlee who is this john paul guy if he is the pope or something im not catholic

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

That's only because of the fact that science completely blasts its credibility out of the water.

Were creationism true, it should be supported by science, not constantly discredited.

*psst*

You still didn't answer the other things.

Showing 76-90 of 1486