ForumsWEPREvolutionism or creationism

1486 247475
Freon
Freon
24 posts
Nomad

im just opening this topic so that people can have a NICE, FREINDLY place to talk about their beliefs, i Myself believe in evolutionism

• 1,486 Replies
zombieslayer
zombieslayer
94 posts
Nomad

by the way asherlee who is this john paul guy if he is the pope or something im not catholic

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Asherlee has her fighting gloves on! lol.

Very good arguments. I read Descartes recently (I am sure you have read this Asherlee), and he argued that vivisection was alright because animals did not have souls. I had never really thought about the argument before then, but when I was reading it I thought it was so ludicrous. I had just never thought that they shouldn't. They think, are intelligent, they feel, they learn, they communicate. What constitutes a soul in a human that an animal does not have?

Needless to say, I really don't like Descartes.

zombieslayer
zombieslayer
94 posts
Nomad

How many apes do you plan on seeing in heaven or hell?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Carlie, I have and Descartes does make for interesting reading but most of his proposed arguments and theories are outdated and have been proven invalid. As, most would know his most famous "I think, therefore I am."

It really is what constitutes a soul. I believe a soul is just the essence of life given by a higher being. That essence would include sensations, perceptions, and all the things you described.

So, I agree, I also dislike Descartes.

Zombie, yes he was the Pope. My point is that the leader of the Catholic Church (which is extremely strict, especially when it comes to dogmatic doctrine) announced that animals have souls.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Zombie, what do apes have to do with this?

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

He means souls can get into heaven, and if apes have souls, they could too go into heaven. I'm not taking sides, though!

zombieslayer
zombieslayer
94 posts
Nomad

eshplode is right that is what i mean
but i guess i all cracks down to what is the definition of a soul

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Well, we probably do not have the same notion of the afterlife. I am only arguing that all living creatures created under God have souls.

But if Heaven is supposed to be an ultimate end where it is pure happiness and all that is good, I would think it would be subjective. Maybe everyone's Heaven is different. For instance, mine would have all my old pets in it with everyone I love.

zombieslayer
zombieslayer
94 posts
Nomad

you have a point there but still
we have freewill while animals do not
therefor we have souls while animals do not

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

1. Prove to me we have free will
2. Prove to me how we would have free will and animals would not. We are animals just most of us are a little smarter.

Zombie, we need to work on your logic skills.

zombieslayer
zombieslayer
94 posts
Nomad

1.i dont need to i have reason to beleive that you beleive in free will
2.you got me on number 2 but then again we are dominate and were created in gods image

zombieslayer
zombieslayer
94 posts
Nomad

say animals do have souls then what level would it stop. birds? squirrels? worms? bacteria?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Zombie, I don't believe in a soul the same way you do. I see it more as an essence of life more than this misty substance that will rise out of your body and ascend or descend.

billywill
billywill
70 posts
Nomad

I believe God created the earth and everything around it like the other planets and the Sun. Because they cant just come out of nowhere, something (GOD) had to begin the earth. As for people i believe we evolved from animals

salt08
salt08
14 posts
Nomad

Ok, I'm a Christian and I belive in Creation. Flat out.

God Created the heavens and the earth (Gen. 1:1).

Here is a lot of missconceptions that are thrown around when people start talking about evoloution and big bang and all the ''things'' that started the earth. People take Gen 1:1 into such a litteral since that they stand beside, and not backing down at all, thinking that within the average 40 hr work weak that God created the heavens and the earth.

I'm not saying he didn't because I belive that he could if he wanted to.

Another misconception falls into all the facts that the creation story does not line up with science. And some even go as far to say that God CAN'T line up with science because he is above us...Well God can do whatever he wants, he is the almighty.

Now in my opinon God does not line up with science. Science lines up with God. My belife stands that God created the heavens and the earth in what was longer than what a week is for us.

In the new testiment one it is said that 1 day is like a thousand to God. So I feel that it is very posible that God created the heavens in the earth in millions of years and that our science matches up to the way god accually created the heavens and the earth.

Showing 91-105 of 1486