Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"OvC" Song Battle # 16 : Immigrant Song (Page 19)

Posted Feb 22, '14 at 5:26pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,126 posts

@Ernie15 Man... that was a deception... (oO) ...I really thought they made an original song there! LOL ^^

Ah, well... I'm glad you didn't link the Queen version as a cover that deserves an honorable mentioning! That improvised piece of crappery-crap-crap-crap was not worthy of Queen's massive legacy, let alone being compared to an immense icon the legendary band Led Zeppelin is... *facepalms* =/

Right... the show must go on! (bad pun to be ignored) First score count for:

Battle # 16 Immigrant Song :

1 - Led Zeppelin (Original)
1 - Ann Wilson (Cover)
0 - Adagio (Cover)
0 - Tomoyashu Hotei (Cover)
0 - Demons & Wizards (Cover)
0 - Stryper (Cover)

More votes wanted! =)

Posted Feb 23, '14 at 5:54pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,576 posts

Led Zeppelin for sure. I didn't really bother to listen to all of the covers but I love the original :)

Posted Feb 23, '14 at 6:28pm

gh0sts

gh0sts

887 posts

The original is still the best. Ann Wilson did a nice job, but it doesn't compare to Zep's version.

Posted Feb 27, '14 at 10:41pm

CherryCoke360

CherryCoke360

415 posts

None of these covers are anywhere near as good as the original and half of them sound exactly the same. definitely the original, cant be beat

Posted Mar 8, '14 at 8:06am

DrElmer

DrElmer

450 posts

The covers start out decent, but they all turn into tuneless metal songs somewhere down the line. The one that really caught me with my pants around my ankles was Ann Wilson. She did a remarkable job imitating Robert Plant's voice, but even in that case the beginning was the only good part.

Led Zeppelin made the song short and sweet, and no metal singer is going to be able to imitate Robert's infamous screech at the beginning of the song.

Posted Mar 9, '14 at 6:03pm

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,791 posts

The original is the best. Even though I haven't heard the covers, they sure can't match the original song.

no metal singer is going to be able to imitate Robert's infamous screech at the beginning of the song.

^This

Posted Mar 26, '14 at 8:52am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,006 posts

Knight

The original by Led Zeppelin will most likely win this battle, and rightly so. Their song is inimitable. Therefore I will give an honorary vote to Demons And Wizards for making not that bad of a job. I still like to listen to their version. Though I'm probably just biased because I like the voice of the singer, especially as the singer of Blind Guardian.

Posted Mar 31, '14 at 6:01pm

Pieguyme

Pieguyme

512 posts

The original is the best one here. None of the others really have the right sound to them, if you know what I mean. So my vote goes to Led Zeppelin.

Posted May 4, '14 at 6:53am

valboss84

valboss84

1,479 posts

If I had to choose between the covers, I would choose Ann Wilson's version, because at least it's quite original compared to the other ones. But Led Zep is my favorite band, the original song will always remain the best for me.

Led Zep wins.

Posted May 5, '14 at 5:43pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,126 posts

Seeing as the vote pool is depleted allmost entirely, I will soon post a new battle. Feel free to vote untill it is posted though! =)

Reply to "OvC" Song Battle # 16 : Immigrant Song (Page 19)

You must be logged in to post a reply!