Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"OvC" Song Battle # 16 : Immigrant Song (Page 19)

Posted Nov 3, '12 at 3:31pm

Balloon__Girl

Balloon__Girl

192 posts

I didn't really like the original Chuck Berry as much, to me it just wasn't as catchy and I found I was getting bored with the song here. I liked the harmonies in the Beatles version. Status Quo had a great level of energy. However, once again, something that is not as expected is what will make this vote for me. I really enjoyed the use of the violin in the ELO version and the hair made me laugh. I just feel like ELO had the most fun with the song, as well as their personal appearances.

My vote goe to Electric Light Orchestra.

Posted Nov 5, '12 at 1:13am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,276 posts

Beatles - Clap...clap...clap...clap...clap...can't escape that clapping!! Would have liked it more had that clapping not been there -_-

Status Quo - I liked it..but wasn't anything really special

Chuck - Beautiful! The voice was great, and the guitar was definitely the best out of the choices..would have own had it not been for...

ELO - Oh wow...that was..amazing! The entire time, just this feeling of awe came over me from the song...and that cape...what an awesome cape

Posted Nov 5, '12 at 2:31pm

indianajones1

indianajones1

68 posts

I don't know why,but everybody copy MC Hammer's 'Can't Touch This' and C&C Music Factory's 'Everybody dance now'.I really don't know.

Posted Nov 11, '12 at 8:38am

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

now mrdaycee is a mod, this topic is dead? =(
i was just getting into it =/

Posted Nov 11, '12 at 12:15pm

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

1,846 posts

This thread isn't dead (well, I hope so), but I think he's pretty busy at the moment with his new duties. I'm sure that he'll post a new battle when he has a chance.

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 12:13am

ilberic

ilberic

871 posts

Day Cee has told me that this thread will continue, though his time will be a bit more spoken for, meaning update intervals could be longer.  I'm sure he doesn't know quite yet how his change in responsibilities will affect his free time, but I fully expect him to continue this, my favorite thread (and the only one i really watch anymore).

I don't know why,but everybody copy MC Hammer's 'Can't Touch This' and C&C Music Factory's 'Everybody dance now'.I really don't know.

what?  I guess I haven't heard anyone else do these... ever.  Not saying your wrong, but I'd be surprised to find it true.

I know Mc Hammer used Rick James' Super Freak for Can't Touch This, but other than that..

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 1:46pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

good to know. it's the only 1 i look for in this section aswell.

I know Mc Hammer used Rick James' Super Freak for Can't Touch This, but other than that..

i think richard cheese and wierd al yankovits (am i close?) made a cover from can't touch this.

everybody dance now probably has a ****load of remixes. do they count as cover? i dunno.

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 3:34pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,567 posts

I don't know at this point... I'll listen to them later :D

And i have a suggestion. Turn the Page.
Metallica or Bob Seger :)

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 7:19pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,276 posts

And i have a suggestion. Turn the Page.
Metallica or Bob Seger :)

If you have a suggestion...tell ModDayCee on his profile

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 8:43pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,567 posts

If you have a suggestion...tell ModDayCee on his profile

Oh... Okay i'll go now and ModDayCee... Ahhh ^_^

Reply to "OvC" Song Battle # 16 : Immigrant Song (Page 19)

You must be logged in to post a reply!