Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"OvC" Song Battle # 16 : Immigrant Song (Page 19)

Posted Jun 1, '12 at 10:24am

cooldownman

cooldownman

110 posts

oh that stinks :/ i was raised listening to Metallica, and i had never heard of the other person.

KORN
same i was raised listening to them, and i have never heard of the other people.

Posted Jun 1, '12 at 9:12pm

theregulator

theregulator

545 posts

It's a close call for me, honestly. I didn't like Melanie B's version at all, and the singers for the other three sound pretty similar, so it comes down to what style of music I think the song lends itself to. So, with all that being said, I vote for Cameo.

Posted Jun 2, '12 at 7:44am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,788 posts

@ nichodemus : You are SO right! Sorry! I did enter the correct score count in my personal data for the thread, but I seemed to have failed in presenting the correct one here... sowwee! (o.O)

@ cooldownman : Fair enough, BUT... that's why there are example videos added to the battle's presentation every time, so people who never heard a certain original or cover can listen to it and then decide!
So, again... your reasoning is not sufficient to get the vote counted. Listen to the other versions too and THEN state your vote WITH reasoning, ok? Thanx! ;)

First score count shows a wide variety of votes for (at least) 3 of the 4 featured artists!

2 - Cameo (Original version)
-VS-
1 - Gun (Cover version)
-VS-
0 - Melanie B (Cover version)
-VS-
2 - KorN (Cover version)

This is a nice battle going right now! At least there's more excitement in diversity than with the first battle where one blindly defeated the other contestant... (o.O)

Keep those (reasoned!) votes coming people!! =D

Posted Jun 2, '12 at 4:39pm

gavrob10

gavrob10

4 posts

I think KorN> Also you sould do a smells like teen spirt battle. NIRVANA V.S. MILEY CYRUS. I think I know who will win.

Posted Jun 3, '12 at 4:37am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,788 posts

Miley Cyrus did "Smells Like Teen Spirit" as a cover?!?! (o.O)

LOL Now that's a weird mixup right there! =)

BUT... as the OP stated... suggestions on my profile and votes need a reasoning yto become counted! Sorry... ;)

Posted Jun 4, '12 at 1:16am

FALLEN950

FALLEN950

166 posts

Again, the metalhead in me says I vote for KorN.
Although I don't like the song at all KorN is my favorite out of these groups. And, I think they did the best job.

So, KorN...

Posted Jun 6, '12 at 5:52am

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,943 posts

Knight

Mel B's version is really horrendous.. that song needs the rhythm, it cannot flow like it does in her version. Also her music isn't my style at all..
Korn made a good song but it doesn't really match together, the song and their style. It doesn't sound bad but I think they didn't hit the nail there.
Cameo did a good work with rhythm and, here I disgress with some others, also with the voice; not that I liked it so much, but it matches with the song.
However Gun did the best interpretation in my opinion, they kept most of the original feel and yet made a rock song out of it that has it's own life and style. I would propose the following ranking:

1st: Gun
2nd: Cameo
3rd: Korn
4th: Melanie B

Posted Jun 6, '12 at 7:09am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,788 posts

The thread's starting battle had a good posting count, but it seems like this one has less popularity instead... only half the amount of users checked in to vote sadly... =/

Well, I think my personal vote is needed in this battle as I feel Cameo deserves the credit for coming up with the song in the first place and because he gave it a nice funky groove! The cover version by Gun was a good second as they made a slight change in music, but at the same time added a new and better feeling to the song! Korn was allright, but added nor changed anything to the song and Melanie B just OVERdid it and ended up with a monster... (o.O)

With my vote counted it's time to do a new score count and warn that you all have 1 day left to vote as a new battle will be posted tomorrow! Hurry hurry... ;)

Score count shows :

3 - Cameo (Original version)
-VS-
2 - Gun (Cover version)
-VS-
-VS-
3 - KorN (Cover version)

Again... hurry to get those votes in if you want to people!

New battle is posted tomorrow!! =0

Posted Jun 6, '12 at 2:33pm

goumas13

goumas13

4,486 posts

Personally, I always preferred Korn's version. Frankly, in my opinion it's way better than the original. Korn did a quite good job even though the song is not exactly their style.

Plus, Korn's Word Up is my cell-phone ringtone and in my book that counts for a lot.

Posted Jun 7, '12 at 10:02am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,788 posts

That's it... *DING DING* ...rounds over and we almost had a tie in the end! But KorN grabbed the title in the nick of time! =)

Final count for "Word Up" :

4 - KorN (Cover version) - WINNER!
3 - Cameo (Original version)
2 - Gun (Cover version)

Time for the next round in the "OvC"! Presenting the first suggestion by an AG user...

Battle # 3 : Aerials (Suggested by Zamiel, thanx!)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8153/7348256300_8157a6844c_z_d.jpg

The song is originally by System of a Down, but was covered by 2 other bands, all with their own style and touch added to the song. There even were 2 more covers I found, but they were of insignificant quality, so I decided not to add them to the battle. ;)

All the different versions :

- System of a Down (Original version - 2002)

- Amon Amarth (Cover version - 2011)

- The Pretty Reckless (Cover version - 2012)

And here we go again! =D

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7079/7261876542_c96da7bf7d_d.jpg

VOTE PEOPLE!!!

Reply to "OvC" Song Battle # 16 : Immigrant Song (Page 19)

You must be logged in to post a reply!