ForumsGames[necro] Paladog

104 30719
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Post and discuss your favourite strategies/equipment/summons!

Personally, I'm a soloist, going through most levels with just Paladog himself, maxing out on the mana and mace skills. Seems to work. At least for now.

• 104 Replies
twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

4-16: routine

In the meanwhile I farmed a little against Ghost Paladog, but the only new thing turned up is that the maximum possible equipment from it is lvl 11 stuff. Too bad no useful item fell at that quality.

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

4-17: some really heavy units incoming. So be cautious, be prepared, be tactic, don't panic.

4-18: Really heave units coming. Not just cyclopses, but giant cyclopses. And the horse breath hard. You barely even notice the ghost-boss amongst these.
As my equipment still sux at clvl 80 (still only lvl 8 basic sword) I needed time, what ment defensive strategy what ment protection, what ment bull went lvl 15.
Rotating bull with whale and dragon I managed to pass.

Jewelry used: 2 foodreg, 1 manareg (lately I used all-foodreg).

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

4-19: found a lvl 9 basic sword, and with 3*foodreg it was manageable.
I think I'll either need to rise my max hp finally, as I'm running out of options rising my damage.

Sry for posting by levels nowdays, but these became hard to progress w/o finding equipment. And for sake of balance and such, I don't want just enchant everything until I'm unbeatable.

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

4-20: same as 4-19

4-21: swap 1 manareg for a foodreg. The trick is not just the sheer number of enemies, which you can handle, but two red-armor which have zounds of hp (and hit good). You'll have to block them and incinerate them.
After this level I feel 1-2 point into dragon, and 3-5 into bull would be reasonable. And when reaching the boss, 1 more into shapeshifting too. But these are just guesses for now.

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

4-22: nothing really new. Maybe things are getting bigger, but that's it.

4-23: #&@. The level is filled with javelin-skeletons, and armors with axe what destroy my hp. To be honest I have 0 idea how to pass here, because the delay between summoning the same things are very long for Darkdog, Darkdog can not hit anything further than very close (so javelin-skeletons have a hugh advantage), food and mana are not exactly rich, earth totem gives cover even on high level (lvl 17 now) only for a relatively short time not to mention you have to pass them if you want to hit javelin-skeletons, without solid protection summoning anything big would be futile (even if I had the food for it), and the small things practically have no use, not even shout, as new enemies always arrive.
Ah, I'll go back and grind at Ghost Paladog until like lvl 100 and the hope of lvl 11 basic (and flame) sword, and if nothing helps, I'll just grind to max. DevilDog or something.
SAee you then.

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

4-23: solved. Instead of the usual strategy I changed into more mana-intense equipment. 2 manareg amulet (lvl 15 summed) with 1 food reg amulet (lvl 10). With these I added Thor's Hammer (lvl 11).
Starting the level was the hardest part as I had to spare mana to cast "Mjolnir" (the mythological name of Thor's Hammer). Fortunately it was devastating.
Blocking by earth totem was needed, as well as running the cycle of whales, and only then got fire totem available.
the Cave-wave was hugh, but I had at that time 3 dragon, 2 bull and 3 water totem running, so passed.
I had many extra mana, and I used it by flame-sword (substantiall less mana-use), but maybe a food-scythe could have been a better choice. I won't go back trying that theory though.

clvl 84 at this point.

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

5-24: the ice-dragon.
Its level is filled with red armors, and only those. You should be especially cautious around the big variants.
To start with I grinded a little further, and at lvl 86 found a lvl 10 basic sword. Also upped many units:
water totem (= whale) got maxed, and even bull was risen one more (lvl 18 now) for the much needed protection.
To start I ran in started whacking, then the first thing to put down was a whale, than a dragon when I accumlated the food. It was a "little" problematic as the enemy comes in numbers, has a good amount of hp, and the big ones hit like no tomorrow, so build your base a little further behind than usual.
Of course the next thing is protection and infinite units, so there comes a bull, and more bulls + whales.
You should NOT rush things by you personally whacking the Cave, you'll need both mana and food when the Wave is coming (transform, and cast thor's hammer).
Then again wait during the finish of the Cave to be able to transform and cast more lightning. When transformed, the special attack of Thor's Hammer deals much more insane damage than before.

At the point of the boss DO NOT summon another dragon or anything expensive. Keep on laying down bulls and whales, and retreat to you pushed-away units when the enemy breach! Save your draogns from expiring.
Actually this phse took me so long I again could transform, in which form I tossed away the red armors like Sauron the united elf + human army back then. Well, if they'd manage to group, I'd been in trouble, but as always things come after each other, so it takes them time to fill their ranks from big units, when you hopefully just finish the dragon.

The dragon was able to throw lvl 12 equipment, what definitely not make it worthy for runs. Maybe with maxed earth totem and a lot of bad things happening it might happen, but...

Anyway, the wallpaper here is REALLY ******. It is a real shame I can't screencapture it. It is the dragon get struck by lightning, screaming, while DarkDog is ducking on all four. It is really awesome.

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

5-1: the level's main threat is bombs. Run in, touch the bomb, run back a couple of steps so you still can hit the Cave but your face won't be blown off and win.
A couple of dragons can really lower the threat of massive bomb-wave.

5-2: again bombs with addition of giant heads (turtles for enemy). Not much change, except that if the heads camp on your dragon it seems they can destroy it or something.
Again the Thor's Hammer is very good to destory high amount of hps.

5-3: green level. Well, these levels start to be a little longer than comfortable (1:27 with 3 stars).

5-4: again bombs, and this time with beholders.
Beholders are ranged units of good hp, so if you camp inside the Cave you won't be able to hit them while they are able to hit you. Also 2-3 beholders will noticeably lower your hp, so watch out and preserve mana for Mjolnir. (nowdays I use 2*manareg + 1 foodreg amu).
The Cave-wave is critical, as some REALLY big bombs are coming, in hugh group, with addition of large amount of beholders. So they'll likely destroy your units. And you'll likely need earth totem to block damage of the beholders. So plan ahead, do not panic, and hope for the best.

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

forgot to mention for the previous level I upped DevilDog to lvl 5.

5-5: bombs, heads and beholders. Surprisingly easier then the previous levels.

Also to mention: the android version lacks the button the arrange the backpack to rings first. It either arranges weapon -> jewelry, lower -> higher, or purely by level from lowest to hiighest, what I think sux, but might be of reason.

5-6: a very easy level as there are only bombs aside The Horse.

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

5-7, 5-8: same bomber-levels. Ok, they deal a bigger punch I give it to them, but I still have only basic hp, so there isn't that much of a difference if you don't panic.

5-9: a purple level with mostly bombs. Spam them chickens to make them destroy themselves. Don't bother blocking them and trying to damage them, just make them self-explode.
What you SHOULD take concern are the very few red armors which shall be destroyed. With strong bulls supported by dragons, and flaming spots they won't stand a chance, as they are really few in number.

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

5-10: again nothing new.

5-11: I yet have to crack this, as I got stalled again. The level only contains beholders, and it gets on my nerves.

morty15
morty15
4 posts
Peasant

With Paladog on 5-11 managed to gain 2-2.5 million gold per run (ca. 20 minutes). After that the gain-ratio disappears. Still, the best known source until now.
Thanks for the tip of the lvl for this source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM0h1xg73Ao

morty15
morty15
4 posts
Peasant

Started a Hell Paladog playthrough with the concept exclusively summoning the strongest unit available, grinding it along the way to lvl 20, and see how it can perform.
Obviously when tortoise will be reached modifying the rules will be necessary.

Rats brought me up to lvl 12. They couldn't handle the first boss' ninjastar-units.

Rabbits brought me to lvl 17. They simply had not enough damage to kill before being killed.

morty15
morty15
4 posts
Peasant

Bears brought me until 2-10 where the ranged forces overwhelmed me.

I think I'll skip tortoise and monkey they being clearly simply tactical weapons, and go straight to rhino.

Showing 91-104 of 104