ForumsSupport Forumwhy does it say ���

8 2112
sorrowsneptune
sorrowsneptune
35 posts
Nomad

one thing I REALLY don't like about the armor games commenting/forum system (and probably the only), is when I type a symbol on my mac (by pressing alt option+any letter on keyboard, or option+shift+any letter on keyboard )
It'll just show up as this symbol: â¦
so than my comments will look like this when I try to do the short-cut for ... (option+

soâ¦manyâ¦stuffâ¦â¦â¦!!

anyways, I'd like it if Armor Games could fix this.

• 8 Replies
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

There has been known bugs/site glitches when trying to create special multi combination ASCII characters using the keyboard. I don't really know how important this is at the moment, but im sure once the site gets a tid bit older they will work out the kinks.

�

ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

It may be just your computer. I heard Mac's weren't very good at all. But anyways, I really don't think ArmorGames would have anything to do with how you're letters and symbols come up on your keyboard.

helguast
helguast
20 posts
Nomad

i wanna burn my com when that happens! its soo anoying

The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

actually i have the same problem when i attempt to get long-winded on a comment and i type it in MS Word so i can better organize it, then when i paste it in, certain symbols come up with the a's and the ?'s abounding.

makes me sad. but no, you're not alone. i'm assuming its on the to-do list. and yes, ryan, macs are bad. thats why they keep selling them as rapidly as they do.

...sometimes this place makes me tired.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

that happens to long posts or something, it just replaces a few characters with that junk, i didnt add it to my common glitches list tho cuz i forgot

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

that happens to long posts or something, it just replaces a few characters with that junk, i didnt add it to my common glitches list tho cuz i forgot

The only reason it happens with longer posts generally is that someone wrote it out in another WP service, like Word. For some reason, the coding for symbols doesn't translate here, so we get our special crazy characters. The only real way to fix it is to edit the characters when you paste them into this text field.
Butters
Butters
918 posts
Nomad

When I try to type any of the 3 extra letters we have in sweden they look like this å ä ö

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

i think letters from sumwhere else come out differently.

Some stories in the tavern have it because i guess it was copied and pasted

Showing 1-8 of 8