ForumsGamesGreatest video game character?

116 23454
Major101
Major101
26 posts
Farmer

wht is the best?

• 116 Replies
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

If by greatest we're talking most successful, I would have to go with Sonic the Hedgehog from the original Genesis era. I honestly think his popularity surpassed even Mario, and he is still the king of video games today, even though nintendo has done everything in their power to ruin him

kingsrush
kingsrush
14 posts
Nomad

OMG! Link is the best one! Ocarina of time!

AustinBB410
AustinBB410
35 posts
Nomad

Sonic, Shadow, The Robots from Borderlands, Gordon Freeman

Assassin2war
Assassin2war
17 posts
Nomad

Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell
Link from Zeld Skyward Sword
Ezio from Assassin's Creed 2
And Master Cheif from Halo 1

there's are bye far the best one's

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Mario was my favorite platformer. I think it's weird how he was originally an enemy in Donkey Kong.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3f/Donkey_Kong_NES_Screenshot.png/200px-Donkey_Kong_NES_Screenshot.png

Weird.

Cori13
Cori13
1 posts
Nomad

Link from Zelda series is the best

TheDracomancer
TheDracomancer
56 posts
Farmer

Tidus from Final Fantasy X. Why? He look cool, he can fight and he can Blitzball!

bkpaladin
bkpaladin
8 posts
Shepherd

Oh god...Blitzball... *shoots self in head*

Here are some I would like to add (in no particular order):
-Sephiroth [FF7]
-Crono [Chrono Trigger] (despite not having much of a personality)
-Megaman [Megaman Series]
-Gordon Freeman[Half-life Series]
-Sub Zero [Mortal Kombat Series]
-Samus [Metroid Series]
-GlaDOS [Portal Series]

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

As a huge Zelda fan, all these mentions of Link still astound me. He is a completely unremarkable, shallow character. Iconic, yes, due to sheer repetition, but still not much more than a thin player avatar.
He's almost entirely silent, his backstory is replaceable, his personality irrelevant and his accomplishments largely those of the players themselves. We're told he's powerful and wise and courageous, but that's pretty much the extent of his character development.

If we're looking inside the series, Ganon is far more interesting than Link.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Same thing for these "badasses" like Call of Duty characters, Master Chief, the Dragonborn, Kratos, Altair and Ezio Auditore (to a lesser extent, since they have a little motivation and personality of their own).
They're faces with guns and swords. Their mannerisms, names and motivations are interchangeable and mindless - they exist as an excuse to kick ***. They're sponges for cool weapons and abilities and little else.

Now a character like Samus Aran, who's got a continuing storyline, a fleshed-out personality, a unique role as a female ****** in a patriarchal gaming culture - that's an interesting character. GLaDOS is insanely well-developed and every one of her lines is classic. Sephiroth is the archetypal cunning ******, with an interesting role in the game's plot.

CheapCheep
CheapCheep
240 posts
Nomad

He is a completely unremarkable, shallow character. Iconic, yes, due to sheer repetition, but still not much more than a thin player avatar.

Same thing for these "badasses" like Call of Duty characters, Master Chief, the Dragonborn, Kratos, Altair and Ezio Auditore (to a lesser extent, since they have a little motivation and personality of their own).
They're faces with guns and swords.

Not to be rude or anything because some of the things you said, I believe as well. However, I believe everyone has their own opinion for who the best video game character is. They probably see it diffrent than you do, which is o.k. I dont think people appreciate it when you talk about the negatives for other characters that several people like. So, with all due respect, just awnser the question of who you think is the best character ever. Not why every other character is horrible and not the best.

Again, I'm not trying to be mean but let everyone have their own opinion because everyone thinks diffrently.
Doodeedaa
Doodeedaa
116 posts
Farmer

DEFINITELY Link!!!! Was playing four swords anniversary addition on my 3ds last night.

HillOfOak
HillOfOak
10 posts
Nomad

I would have to say that my favorite Video Game character, contrary to the mainstream answers, would have to be either Jizzy B or Woozie from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

Woozie because well, he's so calm of a character, not to mention that (spoilers) he's blind.

Jizzy B also because, well, I'm not sure, really. I guess I just like his attitude and his style. I don't condone pimping, though. Just saying.

floodrunner7777
floodrunner7777
53 posts
Nomad

Probably Master chief from the halo franchise or Marcus Fenix From Gears of war franchise :P

Welterweight426
Welterweight426
21 posts
Nomad

Personally, my favorite game characters are Thane Krios (Mass Effect series), Baltheir (Final Fantasy 12) and Axel (Kingdom Hearts series). They are pretty freaking awesome.

Showing 16-30 of 116