ForumsGamesGreatest video game character?

116 23486
Major101
Major101
26 posts
Farmer

wht is the best?

• 116 Replies
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Not to be rude or anything because some of the things you said, I believe as well. However, I believe everyone has their own opinion for who the best video game character is. They probably see it diffrent than you do, which is o.k. I dont think people appreciate it when you talk about the negatives for other characters that several people like. So, with all due respect, just awnser the question of who you think is the best character ever. Not why every other character is horrible and not the best.

Again, I'm not trying to be mean but let everyone have their own opinion because everyone thinks diffrently.

Hey - discussion forum. I was discussing. I offered reasons. And gave examples of characters I like better.

Another great one is Andrew Ryan from BioShock. His dialogue is well-written, his philosophy and vision extensively developed in the plot, even his death is excellent. Very few characters in game history can claim to have a defining quote as strong as "A man chooses; a slave obeys".
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

Your Friendly Neighborhood Satanist has his heart set on one video game character. One particular Turian...

oh Garrus, how I pleaded with the Gods for you not to die in ME2, and they answered my prayers!

-ChillzXGarrus 4 LIFE!!!!

jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

Honestly its me. find me on CoD and and u most likely will die. No my profile name on there is not jt but i cant tell u or i have to kill u which i already do.
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

Honestly its me. find me on CoD and and u most likely will die. No my profile name on there is not jt but i cant tell u or i have to kill u which i already do.
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw3432-why_would_you_post_that.gif

-Chillz
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

It's okay Chillz, they think they're so great with their commandos and their attack dogs.
Yet they never stopped to think, we started back from level 1 to give ourselves a challenge.

But in all seriousness.
Some of my favorites are Woods from COD BO.
Snake from MGS.
Or "the used to be adventurer - gaurd" from Skrim.

warriorcats123
warriorcats123
694 posts
Nomad

sora from kingdom hearts
my charector from pokemon
master cheif from halo

De1ta
De1ta
10 posts
Peasant

Garrus Vakarian, Legion or Javik.

All Mass Effect.

Take your pick!

jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

It's okay Chillz, they think they're so great with their commandos and their attack dogs.
Yet they never stopped to think, we started back from level 1 to give ourselves a challenge.

avtually i dont use kill streaks becuz they take to long to call in.
1zth
1zth
192 posts
Nomad

Steve from minecraft, DUH!!

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

What? 4 pages and so- oh there we go. BKPaladin mentioned Samus Aran. Okay BK, you're cool, th- woah woah woah. Ihsahn mentionin' actual character depth? Distinguishing mindless violence from strong characters? Calling gaming culture patriarchal? I'm sorry BKPaladin, but there's a new sheriff in town. Yeah! We love Ihsahn, isn't that right, Internet? Posts like his are what make this thread worthwhile, with actual analysis and intelligent answers. You're the man, Ihsahn!

Alright, three characters to add, even though there are just so many that I love a whole lot.

As you guessed, I'm mentioning Samus Aran. This isn't just because I've had a giant crush on her ever since I first played Metroid Fusion. There are other reasons I think she's a good character. One of them is simply that she is a woman. Video games, even more than other media, show a gross lack of strong female leads, and that's something that simply needs to change. So it's good to see a strong character like Samus stepping on the neck of patriarchy. Oh, and Other M is noncanon. Don't even mention that antifeminist garbage. Haters get wrecked. But one of the things I really like about Metroid, particularly the Prime series, is the theme of isolation. Samus may be a ****** posthuman bountyhunter, but she's a lonely one. If not lonely, certainly alone. And that theme of isolation is captured perfectly in Metroid: Prime, with how she's not only alone from anyone similar to her, but she also has a second layer of isolation, her suit. That's the big thing. I'd write an essay about it but I'm trying to keep this brief.

Another character: Jade, from Beyond Good and Evil. I'm too lazy and pressed for time now. I'll analyze Jade and Jim Raynor (from StarCraft) later. YOU'RE THE MAN, Ihsahn!

kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
605 posts
Peasant

I'd say Soap... He's a great character who died trying to save the world... And he's the main character for all of the Modern Warefare games... Price is a close second..

Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

I see a lot of similarities between Jim Raynor and John Marston.

My favorite is is Delta 1138 from Republic Commando. Or really any of those guys. I've gone back and replayed the game on hard so many times. I'd pay a crap load if they made a sequel.

Kathorn
Kathorn
6 posts
Nomad

Strelok from the STALKER series if anybody even knows who that is. You get a free cyber high five from me if you do.

CornCob
CornCob
25 posts
Nomad

Mastercheif from Halo! he is coming back at Halo 4!!!

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Urdnot Wrex from namely the first Mass Effect, but if you've played you're cards right, he will be there all the way to the third.

He thinks somewhat bull-headed, but when not angered, is tactically superior, and of course physically, being Krogan and all. He is a real leader and knows what to say to keep his people in check, yet still has the long-run goals and the future of his race on his mind, although still able to keep his cool most of the time. Along with all of this, if you keep him alive, you can watch as he grows in importance and power as he progresses. Always looking to improve and working for the better.

He also deserves all of the respect he has earned, he is a true battlefield veteran. So impressive is his skill, and so respectable is he that a whole race of bull-headed, angry, irrational warriors follow his lead. The longer he lives, the more powerful he is. Talk about character development. He was even one of the driving factors in curing something as big as the genophage, not to diminish Mort's part of course. Seriously, he is a better leader than most politicians these days.

Showing 31-45 of 116