ForumsGames1066 - Multiplayer Games

15 11280
Trismegistus23
Trismegistus23
271 posts
Nomad

1066 is a fun little strategy game, but it has a glitch in the multiplayer option:
YOU CAN NOT 'CHARGE' AS YOUR FIRST HAND-TO-HAND ATTACK OR THE GAME WILL FREEZE.

Actually you can't charge even in the same round as your first melee attack. So that's it - if you want to play multiplayer that's part of the strategy. Remember: you can attack from far away by hitting a different column. So, moving 3 across is a charge but moving 1 down and 3 across is a regular attack. Again, you have to wait till the next round after your first attack to charge.

A player who charges first and causes the game to freeze is the looser and must go flagellate themselves vigorously.

• 15 Replies
Trismegistus23
Trismegistus23
271 posts
Nomad

Here's a 'challenge code' if anyone wants to play: M11CIMUA0

I'm going Normans with heavy cavalry.

Trismegistus23
Trismegistus23
271 posts
Nomad

M11DZZ7A0

Trismegistus23
Trismegistus23
271 posts
Nomad

M11Z5VYA0

Come on, give it a go...

jmsb
jmsb
33 posts
Shepherd

IT TAKES AGES TO LOAD

gold785
gold785
1 posts
Shepherd

that's not fair with taunters and i hate the bug but it is fun on multoplayer

MrZRock
MrZRock
10 posts
Nomad

Taunters:My advice is to just have these and a couple of horses because these drain enemy's mortal then charge them with your horses.
Horses:Perfect for strength. They can move real far and can knock your enemy right off his/her feet.
Hand to hand soldiers:I would rather not get these because of there strength, I mean strength is good in all yeah but, they also can't move as far. There advantage is close up which is challenging to get to before they charge you.
Multi player:Now this is a unfair option. They could just taunt you so I recommend not to play on this just play with a sibling or a friend

Trismegistus23
Trismegistus23
271 posts
Nomad

Wanna play? - M11OST2A0

meh, it looks like even when you mind the charge it still freezes sometimes. Still trying to figure out if it's even worth it.
btw, you can counter taunters with lots of cavalry, archers would probably work to. He's not going to feel so taunty when he's taking damage. You do need to use 1-2 of your guys to taunt back though, to keep up moral as you deal damage.

Falcynn
Falcynn
2 posts
Nomad

Actually I noticed that if you get all Warriors with Vikings (since they have the highest courage) and just keep them all in the back row, you'll be able to win in two turns if you taunt with all of your units.

I'm curious to see if there's anyway to beat this strategy though (since it would suck knowing that this game is broken due to taunts), so if anyone wants a go at it I'm at L13PNSIA0

Falcynn
Falcynn
2 posts
Nomad

Never mind, I figured out a way to play against myself, and I tried to experiment with different strategies to combat the strategy I mentioned of just constant taunting.

Anyways, it seems that since the point of the game is to get your opponent to 0 morale (not to actually kill all of your opponents units) and that the fastest way to reduce morale is simply taunting (you can win in one turn if your opponent doesn't use any taunts and you have at least 11 units), using your units for anything besides taunts is wasted time essentially.

If you send out even one unit to attack, you're putting yourself at a disadvantage because of all the turns that unit is putting into taunts. And if you splurge on cavalry, which costs 3 points, then your also putting yourself at a disadvantage since you have less units to taunt with. If it took like 3 or 4 turns to beat an opponent who isn't taunting with the strategy I mentioned in my last post, then it might be possible to win with cavalry or something, but with the way the game is I think this strategy breaks it...

eertyek_the_mad
eertyek_the_mad
151 posts
Nomad

If you do Vikings and All warriors to taunt, you win every time... kinda cheap way to win, but thats what is happening when I play. I end up fighting the same enemies EVERY TIME

Elbreth
Elbreth
17 posts
Peasant

In multi I can't finish a single game... **** it...

Lanceschrott
Lanceschrott
7 posts
Nomad

Taunting is surely a cheap way of winning.
Sadly with multi-player games it does not take long for players to find the most effective way to win.
And as soon as the odds are against them the cut out. *sign*
This game could be so much better if those mini-games where to be taken out and a lot more tactical aspects added.
A part 2 would be great.
Until then just play with friends in a no taunt manner.

bluediager888
bluediager888
1 posts
Nomad

[b]
How do I even get a challenge code?
MasterCraftFY
MasterCraftFY
1 posts
Peasant

it says that there is something wrong with the connection, but there isn´t anything wrong from here. I tried going on other websites to see if it was just armorgames, but it´s everywhere. A little help?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@MasterCraftFY: It's no longer possible to use the multiplayer function of 1066. Its been that way for a while now.

Showing 1-15 of 15