ForumsSupport ForumViewing "Last Post" in a Forum Thread

6 2231
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I notice that when I jump to the last post in a forum thread and the post count is a multiple of ten, I will jump to a page that technically doesn't exist, requiring me to load the page with the last posts on them. This effectively defeats the purpose of being able to jump to the last post seeing as I have to load the same number of pages!

Also, usually when I've written a comment, that comment will show up by itself on its own page irrespective of how many posts there are in that thread, which is a little perplexing.

For reference, I use Firefox v2.

• 6 Replies
jwalshjr
jwalshjr
536 posts
Peasant

Yes, I have had this happen a lot of times, which makes it take more time, and occasionally after I leave a comment this happens, but not very often, and when you reload it it is usually moved.

Another problem I have also gotten is after I leave a comment jumping to that non-existent page and having to manually do it all.

These problems can be annoying, but all it is is a little extra time, and they will have these as they are changing and making upgrades to the site!

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
536 posts
Peasant

I'm not sure if this one has to do with deleted posts again, because it doesn't bring you just to an extra page with no posts on it, your just on the thread, but not on a page, and it's like a blank page, but your not even on one. Also, when I happen to use IE (use firefox like 98% of the time) It happens on almost all of them, so I don't think that could be it.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

We had this problem in the past when we didn't have view the last page. It has to do with deleting forum posts within a thread. For some reason it pretends like the posts are still there and keeping the required pages to hold it. Dan fixed it a while back, seems like he needs to tweak it again.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

We had this problem in the past when we didn't have view the last page. It has to do with deleting forum posts within a thread.

I think it is different this time. It is only when it is at 10, and it will go to the last page. But it does not create extra pages, just the one. If you click it again, it goes right. But I have been noticing this happening.
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

It does it to me on most topics, not just page 10. And it shows me a blank forum page.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

I think this is because the moderators and administration have "deleted" some posts and its almost as if the forum still counts the post as being there...just doesn't show it visually. I have seen this happening mainly in the 'Tavern' section of the community. Correct me if i am wrong though.

Showing 1-6 of 6