ForumsSupport ForumIn-game Login Issues? [Solved]

57 12418
joeybetz
joeybetz
107 posts
Shepherd

Some players have been reporting some in-game login issues, specifically the login panel appearing for a split second before it disappears completely. With the help of some of our users we believe the issue has to do with the DNS of some internet service providers. It's tough to tell if this is the same issue for everybody, but it seems the most likely. Most issues might come from a flaky internet connection, but for some it may be DNS related.

A quick check would be to visit this webpage and if you receive an error then you may be affected.

We've setup a GetSatisfaction page that lists how to check if it's your DNS and possible fixes.

For users affected, let us know if this helped you at all below. Or feel free to contact me at joey+login@armorgames.com.

• 57 Replies
dbpaule
dbpaule
1 posts
Jester

Hi,
I don't use a router just a high-speed cable modem with 32MBit. The routing does the provider. I also can't use the in-game login since a few weeks (before it was no problem). This isn't nice because of some saves I really would miss. Nothing changed here. At work I can still login, but there isn't time enough to play. So, what can I do to fix this?

Greetz, Paul

Eville1987
Eville1987
4 posts
Nomad

Joeybetz - i also get the error message. so DNS seems to be the problem. I wonder why it is only the services.armorgames.com domain and nog the complete domain though...

joeybetz
joeybetz
107 posts
Shepherd

@uspatriotsf & @Eville1987 is there a way you guys can do an "ipconfig /all" in a windows command prompt and email me over that info? We just need your DNS info.

uspatriotsf
uspatriotsf
23 posts
Jester

On a Mac... I know PC in and out, but am clueless on a Mac... Anything similar to the command prompt on a Mac?

uspatriotsf
uspatriotsf
23 posts
Jester

NM, figured it out. I will email the info to you now.

Eville1987
Eville1987
4 posts
Nomad

Hi Joey,
I've send you an email with the ipconfig information.
Hope it helps in figuring out the problem
Thnx

Blamy
Blamy
3 posts
Peasant

My armor games login acount is not working on raze 2. a couple days ago, when i logged in, I saw that it had reset everything that i had done in the game. please explain what has happened.

Blamy
Blamy
3 posts
Peasant

i am not sure if the login still works on other games

joeybetz
joeybetz
107 posts
Shepherd

@Blamy It appears as if you're not having a login issue but more of a save issue. This forum is for users who cannot login at all and it doesn't sound like you're having that issue. Have you contacted the developer at all to make sure it's not a bug? Sometimes a save can fail to load and the game fails to handle that appropriately so assumes you're a new user with no save. This will look like a save reset as well. Make sure you don't play the game again with the new save and try again to load the game at a different time.

dohmer
dohmer
3 posts
Peasant

While 'not everyone' is experiencing this issue, I don't believe the answers to this point are viable solutions for most of the people experiencing them. Simply running trace route or ping shows issues getting to services.armorgames.com. Might this be something on your services hosted on amazon? maybe you should be pursuing this with them.

joeybetz
joeybetz
107 posts
Shepherd

I think enough time has passed so I'll update you guys on what's happened.

We talked with our domain name registrar about our configuration settings, and they noticed one or more errors on their end. They issued a fix earlier this week which should fix them. Whether or not these errors are in-game login related has yet to be determined.

Let us know if you're still seeing these errors when you login to a game. If so, we'll pursue our registrar further.

Eville1987
Eville1987
4 posts
Nomad

Hi Joey,

Logging into the game still doesn't work here at my place.
Also that link you posted earlier still doesn't work so i guess this will not fix the problem yet.
Good luck in figuring out the rest with your registrar.

Blamy
Blamy
3 posts
Peasant

i tried today and it still is not working. what forum should i use for this

dohmer
dohmer
3 posts
Peasant

Still experiencing issues. Tried every resolution posted. Nothing works. Also link is still unavailable to test page.

Gaiaonline1337
Gaiaonline1337
1 posts
Shepherd

Oh, thanks!

Showing 16-30 of 57