ForumsGamesBest Pokemon game of all time

80 13902
megacooper
megacooper
191 posts
Peasant

Post your favourite Pokemon game of all time here. Give your arguments and explanations, and after every week I will tally up the posts and tell you the positions of your fave Pokemon games.

My favourite is Pokemon Black, because of Reshiram and the cool Pokemon in it.

• 80 Replies
megacooper
megacooper
191 posts
Peasant

Sorry NoNameC68, for misunderstanding. And I am also sorry because you were talking about Stadium 1, when I was talking of Stadium 2. My mistake.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

i played alot pokemon snap whit my nephew. it's kinda fuuny.
but i liked pokemon yellow most for the original story line.

miniphu
miniphu
72 posts
Nomad

My favorite was 4th generation with Diamond. I admit, the Pokemon did start to get a bit more...exotic. But I really enjoyed the new game mechanics. The physical/special split made gameplay more complex and interesting. Also, they had plenty of past experiences to help make PC interactions and other minor improvements.

As for spin-offs, Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness was a great game. It had a surprisingly detailed and long storyline.

firebird2000
firebird2000
23 posts
Nomad

black and white pokemon

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

I think Fire red is the best one! Just because it was the first one I really really played and worked hard on. After that probably Emerald and then Soul Silver/ Silver

unrealtron13
unrealtron13
170 posts
Shepherd

Pokemon red for gba

dtdm12
dtdm12
76 posts
Nomad

In my opimion yes Gen 1 was the best as it was the original games but my favourite game is Soul Silver as you had a wide array of legends not the typical 3 or 4, you had the fun of your pokemon following you around like yellow, there wasn't a problem affecting your starter pokemon choice as you got 3 different starters(Gen 1-3 starter pokemon)/ You couldn't complain about a short storyline as you had to beat 18 gym leaders and the elite 4 twice, there was Red that you could fight to see how strong your team was and the gym leaders were re-battleable.The game had excellent graphics(sadly now outshone by genV) you had the ability to
change the sound to that of gold and silver, the pokedex style(in my opinion) was easier to use, the pokeathelon was a great passtime especially with friends and you could try your hand at the battle frontier. In my opinion it is probably better than any of the games I have played. Out of both Heart Gold and Soul Silver I would say I prefer Soul Silver as I prefer some of the legends, but both games are great. This in my opinion is the best Pokemon game of all time.

blazeemeraldblade
blazeemeraldblade
2 posts
Nomad

Personally I love the Pokemon of the first and second games. Those are probably the best, but the Pokemon of 3rd-5th gen have many good ones as well. Honestly they have different qualities that make them individual such as:
Music: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
Pokemon: Blue/Red/Yellow/
Storyline: Black/White
Gameplay After Story Time: Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
Gameplay of Story: Gold/Silver
Originality: Mystery Dungeon games/Pokepark
Graphics: Battle Revolution/Colosseum

L0rdDrag0
L0rdDrag0
280 posts
Peasant

Pokemon sapphire/ruby/emerald. I have to say they had some of my favorite pokemon in them. ALthough my second would have to be fire red.

videomike70
videomike70
5 posts
Peasant

Pokemon Gales of Darkness DX

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Blue/Red/Yellow definitely place high. Gold built on that and made it much much better. 3rd Gen pumped it up a little more, but from there, they just lost it. The Pokemon started to just get ridiculous.

ader8
ader8
3 posts
Shepherd

[b]i think pokemon black and white are great as the story in them are amazing
lol love snivyhttp://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r605/Moonshimmer64/Pokemon/Snivy.gif
also cant wait for black white 2, set two years after the original b+w and with45 new Pokemon.
but i have to say the old ones are classic

ader8
ader8
3 posts
Shepherd

if snivy was in strike force heros

http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii504/supergareth7772/Other.png

megacooper
megacooper
191 posts
Peasant

yo guys... keep sending in your faves!