ForumsGamesBest Pokemon game of all time

80 13905
megacooper
megacooper
191 posts
Peasant

Post your favourite Pokemon game of all time here. Give your arguments and explanations, and after every week I will tally up the posts and tell you the positions of your fave Pokemon games.

My favourite is Pokemon Black, because of Reshiram and the cool Pokemon in it.

• 80 Replies
kuffyruff
kuffyruff
207 posts
Jester

Not sure if my earlier post went through, so I'll try again.

My favorite was probably Pokemon Emerald, felt like it harbored several secrets that the other games didn't quite have. I'm hoping that they'll remake the 3rd generation games, but information on that has yet to have been released.

5th generation was okay. Though that the ability to choose the order in which you fight the Elite Four was neat, but the Champion battle was a huge shock.

The biggest let-down, however, was the numerous Unova Pokemon that could have easily been evolutions of others.

Alomomola happens to look extremely similar to Luvdisc, yet they share no evolutionary relationship at all.

Bouffulant looks like it could easily be a Taurus evolution, even its pose, yet they aren't related to each other in any way.

But I guess that's just Nintendo logic.

miniphu
miniphu
72 posts
Nomad

My favorite is probably Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time. I really enjoyed being an actual part of the Poke-universe. As far as main series games, my favorite is Diamond. I really enjoyed the physical/special split and the Pokemon weren't yet too farfetched (get it?).

SniperBullet
SniperBullet
40 posts
Peasant

I kind of like SoulSilver the best. It has Lugia and i personally think hes better than Ho-Oh. I think SoulSilver has better pokemon then Black and Whhite to.

psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

My favourite is probably Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time. I really enjoyed being an actual part of the Poke-universe.

Agreed. I like being an actual Pokemon and the story in it is better than the generic Pokemon catch em all and beat the elite 4 story line. I almost cried in the end of time cause it was just so sad...
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

you people think the 3rd gens. are the best, but you miss that black was wayyy awesomer.

just sayin.

--judgment

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Agreed. I like being an actual Pokemon and the story in it is better than the generic Pokemon catch em all and beat the elite 4 story line. I almost cried in the end of time cause it was just so sad...

i did :P not only there, also in the first game and in the third (yup i cried AGAIN XP). and not just in the ending. anyway, if your like me then explorers of the sky wont just be a playthrough with bonuses and i really recomend it. it has some amazing bonus episodes (which 2 of them made me cry XP).
rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

3rd gen is the absolute worst. 5th has the best games in the series.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Yellow, Red and Blue were the best, since they comprised my childhood, hence the nostalgia and gleeful excitement more than made up for the lack of graphics and what not when compared to the rest. I did enjoy all the versions up to Emerald, but after that, it just got more banal and mundane.

ArmorCrisis
ArmorCrisis
15 posts
Nomad

I like Pokemon Leaf Green and Fire red the best

Foli123
Foli123
8 posts
Peasant

One of my first video games was Pokemon Fire Red for gba. It was a great game and will always bring back fond memories

Vex_Rabbit
Vex_Rabbit
13 posts
Nomad

Pokemon yellow for Gameboy advance. First game i ever played, great game considering how old it is

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

you people think the 3rd gens. are the best, but you miss that black was wayyy awesomer.

just sayin.

Because all Unova pokemon are bad.
omega103
omega103
11 posts
Nomad

3rd Generation and Diamond/Pearl/Platinum of 4th Generation (though I don't like the part to the end).

TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

any fan-fic' modded version...

The_Fire_Ninja
The_Fire_Ninja
15 posts
Nomad

I would have to say that SoulSilver is my favorite, I like all the pokemon in it and its just awesome.

Showing 61-75 of 80