ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe way of photo shop.

7 3673
inferedmonkey
inferedmonkey
942 posts
Peasant

Hey, guys! I just got photo shop cs6 and was looking for inspiration. So if you have any ideas for pictures I should make, leave a comment, and remember, I'm a beginner.

• 7 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Curse you Adobe! Well I just got CS5 last year, bet there is not much difference though.

Have you ever used Photoshop before? If no and you are a true beginner then I would just play around with it first. Get an image off the web and mess with the colors, contrast, etc. That will just help you get used to the program and what you can do with it.

inferedmonkey
inferedmonkey
942 posts
Peasant

Curse you Adobe! Well I just got CS5 last year, bet there is not much difference though.

Haha, yeah I was going to get cs5 but I was to afraid they might come out with a new one so I waited.

Have you ever used Photoshop before? If no and you are a true beginner then I would just play around with it first. Get an image off the web and mess with the colors, contrast, etc. That will just help you get used to the program and what you can do with it.

Yeah, I'm kinda a noob, so I guess I'll just play around with some pictures until I get the feel for it. Thanks!
light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

Is there a FREE photoshop? 'Cause money's not an option now.

On topic, I think that you should get the feel for it first.

Like your youtube stuff.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Is there a FREE photoshop?

Legally-No
Illegally-Yes

So unless you want to be a criminal then no there is no Free Photoshop. You can probably find older versions pretty cheap.
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

You can probably find older versions pretty cheap.

Yeah, there is a free alternative. It's not at the same level as Photshop, but it can do a lot. It's called GIMP (the GNU Image Manipulation Program).

Here is a download link if anyone is interested.

http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Paint.net is actually much better than Photoshop and Fireworks in many areas.

Do you plan more on using it for drawing digital art, or editing and manipulating photos and images?

TheInfiniteFire
TheInfiniteFire
12 posts
Shepherd

Pazx, I don't agree, the good thing about Paint.net is that there are many possible plugins, but Photoshop on it's own has 10 times more functions that Paint.net.

Showing 1-7 of 7