ForumsGamesGame idea for all you programmers

14 4291
didgeboy287
didgeboy287
3 posts
Peasant

I don't know the first thing about game programming, but I know what I like to play. I'd like some feedback on this idea. It's a combination of several popular action/adventure game styles. You begin waking up in a prison cell deep in a dungeon. It's a "submachine" style point and click to get out. Up top you find an ally in this enemy castle's wizard who helps you fight through guards in a "strategy defense" or "monster's den" style segment. You escape the castle grounds toward the shore by horse in a top down shooter using weapons and spells you've picked up so far, picture RaidenX on horseback. Skipping ahead, at your home castle the enemy has followed and is slowly sending waves of troops down your village roads toward the castle. This would play like a turret defense game where you'd have to set up archers and mages etc. I'd like to include platform gaming and racing however those would fit into the storyline as well. Let me know what you think, everyone.

• 14 Replies
SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

wow, did you put every game genre in here? Wheres the "..and when you win you do a sorta guitar hero type music party"

didgeboy287
didgeboy287
3 posts
Peasant

Lol not a bad idea. I'm picturing a game sort of like 4 second frenzy but with a purpose.

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

yeah that will be nice

DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

eh, that be messed up in my opinion.

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

well it is to mish mosshy for me

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I think the only way this will work is if you have a really compelling universe to tie this all in. If it's a generic fictional universe with nothing special to it, or something that isn't really popular or well known, people will just be WTF because they play a game expecting an experience largely defined by the game mechanics.

The kind of idea you have here is really best done with a well established commercial game world such as GTA (later installments having multiple modes of play), or even one of those Mario Party packs full of minigames (except tied into a story). In terms of a flash game though, you'd have to do a load of actionscripting and include a load of sprites and different sounds and it'd just be extremely tedious, or so rudimentary that I'm not sure it'd be worth the effort.

Ambitious idea but flash is probably not the best platform in to consider implementing it right now.

didgeboy287
didgeboy287
3 posts
Peasant

It was worth a shot. I've gotten responses of either "the f?" or "too big/pain in the a** for this arena" thanks everyone.

Helrayser
Helrayser
475 posts
Peasant

very...weird....but that would be good

Helrayser
Helrayser
475 posts
Peasant

very...weird....but that would be good

Helrayser
Helrayser
475 posts
Peasant

very...weird...but that would be good

Helrayser
Helrayser
475 posts
Peasant

that would be fun

Helrayser
Helrayser
475 posts
Peasant

sry about saying the thing 3 times, comp started lagging a lot

drunkendodo
drunkendodo
135 posts
Nomad

sounds like too many genres mashed together. i honestly dont think it would work too well.

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

Yeah raiden x on a hourse

Showing 1-14 of 14