Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Art Trading Post!

Posted Jun 6, '08 at 5:45am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

I figure no forum is quite complete without a thread for people to trade art.

Here's how it works- you can:

* Request a picture.
* Say that you're available to draw a picture.
* Organise a 'trade' i.e. you draw a picture for somebody else and they draw one for you.

Then people can contact each other based on posts here to figure out what they want and how to do it.

I am not sure what the policy on accepting money for services is here, but if it is not disallowed I'm thinking maybe there's room for that here too i.e. commissions.

RULES- because I need to cover my butt:

* You cannot request material that is classified as obscene or otherwise illegal.
* You should not post personal details that can identify you here.
* You may not infringe copyright- all credit must be given where it is due.

If embedding the art here, remember that images are capped to 600px width!

---

Okay, I'll kick off: I'm available to draw a quick sketch for somebody. First come first serve, and you must tell me what you want!

Posted Jun 6, '08 at 12:58pm

jwalshjr

jwalshjr

579 posts

Hey, I was wondering if you could draw a sketch of this armatar, but then like how it's just a head, if you could sketch like the whole person like this, that would be cool, thanks!

http://armorgames.com/image/armatar_13_80.80_c.jpg

Posted Jun 6, '08 at 2:06pm

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

Will get right on it.

I'll get it back to you on Wednesday, probably.

Posted Jun 7, '08 at 6:37pm

ubertuna

ubertuna

2,092 posts

Knight

Just to make things absolutely clear:

No gore, no nudity, no stolen artwork.

Posted Jun 7, '08 at 7:30pm

Estel

Estel

1,991 posts

Knight

^^ Of course man! Haha, that would be some weird picture! Quick question, does the picture that you request have to be original. Or are you talking about the final outcome?

Posted Jun 7, '08 at 9:28pm

dank

dank

1,043 posts

Knight

Stock photo sites:
sxc.hu
deviant art
Google search (NOTE that most photos from Google images own copyrights and will not be accepted)

Stock photo sites:
sxc.hu
deviant art
Google search (NOTE that most photos from Google images own copyrights and will not be accepted)

Just tell me what you want done with the photo. (remove head, change background, make it look like X, etc.)

Posted Jun 7, '08 at 10:21pm

Estel

Estel

1,991 posts

Knight

Hmmm, okay, change the head of my cat. Do what you please with it, but maybe make it comical, hehe. Ignore the drawings around her nose haha. Anyone can do it, so just let me know! :D
http://gickr.com/results4/anim_e2ea6d44-3c67-7844-ddb7-0a894ccd38c4.gif

Posted Jun 7, '08 at 11:55pm

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

Regarding pictures based on other existing works or characters, this falls to the copyright conditions that the person whose intellectual property it is has imposed. It's important that you're fully aware of them before you do anything that just might result in "BAWWW YOU STOLED MY STUFF I SUE j00 NAO D:

Posted Jun 13, '08 at 9:57pm

SkullZero1

SkullZero1

518 posts

for this 'art trade' do we have to trade things, or is it just a 'request it then I'll draw it' sort of thing?

any way, If it's possible I'd like to see a picture with some guy playing video games or watching tv while someone behind them is yelling at him. i can't really trade anything past MS paint sorta thing, but i have plans for a tablet in the future...

Posted Jun 14, '08 at 1:59am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

Requests are cool too.

On that note, jwalshjr, I haven't forgotten about your request! I'm just a bit snowed under ;..;

Reply to Art Trading Post!

You must be logged in to post a reply!