ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Trading Post!

14 5008
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I figure no forum is quite complete without a thread for people to trade art.

Here's how it works- you can:

* Request a picture.
* Say that you're available to draw a picture.
* Organise a 'trade' i.e. you draw a picture for somebody else and they draw one for you.

Then people can contact each other based on posts here to figure out what they want and how to do it.

I am not sure what the policy on accepting money for services is here, but if it is not disallowed I'm thinking maybe there's room for that here too i.e. commissions.

RULES- because I need to cover my butt:

* You cannot request material that is classified as obscene or otherwise illegal.
* You should not post personal details that can identify you here.
* You may not infringe copyright- all credit must be given where it is due.

If embedding the art here, remember that images are capped to 600px width!

---

Okay, I'll kick off: I'm available to draw a quick sketch for somebody. First come first serve, and you must tell me what you want!

• 14 Replies
jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

Hey, I was wondering if you could draw a sketch of this armatar, but then like how it's just a head, if you could sketch like the whole person like this, that would be cool, thanks!

http://armorgames.com/image/armatar_13_80.80_c.jpg

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Will get right on it.

I'll get it back to you on Wednesday, probably.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Just to make things absolutely clear:

No gore, no nudity, no stolen artwork.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

^^ Of course man! Haha, that would be some weird picture! Quick question, does the picture that you request have to be original. Or are you talking about the final outcome?

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

Stock photo sites:
sxc.hu
deviant art
Google search (NOTE that most photos from Google images own copyrights and will not be accepted)

Stock photo sites:
sxc.hu
deviant art
Google search (NOTE that most photos from Google images own copyrights and will not be accepted)

Just tell me what you want done with the photo. (remove head, change background, make it look like X, etc.)

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Hmmm, okay, change the head of my cat. Do what you please with it, but maybe make it comical, hehe. Ignore the drawings around her nose haha. Anyone can do it, so just let me know!
http://gickr.com/results4/anim_e2ea6d44-3c67-7844-ddb7-0a894ccd38c4.gif

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Regarding pictures based on other existing works or characters, this falls to the copyright conditions that the person whose intellectual property it is has imposed. It's important that you're fully aware of them before you do anything that just might result in "BAWWW YOU STOLED MY STUFF I SUE j00 NAO D:<"

In general: Images that has that c in a circle sign (the old copyright) on it- no direct reproduction or alterations to that work without express, written (documented) permission from the person cited in the copyright. You may usually do work 'based' on it i.e. a specific element or composition technique, but in these cases it's always best to cite: "based on such and such".

Concepts, characters and ideas that have a c on it, like Disney characters etc., it varies. Fanart generally won't get you into trouble unless one of Disney's thousand and one lawyers (probably much more than that, to be honest) finds your image and HQ decides it's not appropriate to associate the image with Disney, at which case the lawyers will stand around you with e-cudgels and tell you to take the image down before they pwn your sorry butt with MULTIMILLIONDOLLAR LAWSUIT ATTACK. Generally they can't go around doing this to everybody so there's a line to be drawn, and the lines drawn on this forum about what you can and cannot post (no obscene material) are far more restrictive.

So for copyrighted characters and stuff that's intellectual property, just say 'this is based on so and so and this character is copyright Disney' or whatever it happens to be. Beware: some organisations will additionally add the clause that while you may draw fanart you are not allowed to appropriate the concept in any way i.e. adopt the character for roleplay or even as some representation of you. Many people don't realise this because a lot of the time, knowing this requires reading the bloody fine print.

Other people (amateur artists) who are really insecure about their work say 'NO TOUCHY'...it's just best to leave those alone ^^;

More recently new forms of distribution license that actually have some credence have come up, notably the 'copyleft' licenses (represented by a backward copyright sign, lol) such as the GNU Free Documentation License, which basically say "you can do what you like to this so long as you don't touch the licensing conditions." Creative commons is a notable example of this that allows people to grant certain rights to the public regarding their work, like whether you can change, distribute etc.

This can be confusing and it's certainly not perfect but you should expect to run into more of these in the future as they grow and change! For most amateur applications, the simple rules "credit given where credit is due" and "better to seek permission than ask forgiveness" apply.

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

for this 'art trade' do we have to trade things, or is it just a 'request it then I'll draw it' sort of thing?

any way, If it's possible I'd like to see a picture with some guy playing video games or watching tv while someone behind them is yelling at him. i can't really trade anything past MS paint sorta thing, but i have plans for a tablet in the future...

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Requests are cool too.

On that note, jwalshjr, I haven't forgotten about your request! I'm just a bit snowed under ;..;

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

Ok, thanks, I know you'll get to it when you get the chance. And I think just request are fine, because if they aren't, I'm probably in the wrong place, considering I can't draw like.... at all. Oh well!

snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

hmm... I'll make siggys, and userbars for anyone here just comment on my profile, because this thread would be hard to find again ,and again.
I'm sort of a newbie in Photoshop, but I think that I can help people with picture requests. I don't really want a picture in return I just want to improve this community, and help people in the AG community. And improve my Photoshop skills.

Just tell me some specifications.

what you want: siggy, userbar
light or dark background:
thems: a show, cartoon?
Want your name in it?:

add more specifications if you want.

~Snowman1474

snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

hey guys! Now me and Arax_Nisanu have started a thread where we both make pictures for all of the Armor Games Community for free! All you have to do is go to the thread 'S&A Designs' http://armorgames.com/community/thread/1087637/sa-designs
And abide by the rules, located on the first page, the first comment by Arax_Nisanu.

So if you want something made, just respond by commenting on the thread and we will get back to you as soon as possible with your picture!

Have a nice day

~Snowman1474

Nightmare_King
Nightmare_King
19 posts
Nomad

Can someone make me a sig? If you can, send me a comment and I'll give you the details. Thanks!

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

I am able to make some pretty sweet sigs for members. Here is an example of my latest:
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/sandadesigns/digitalart.jpg

Showing 1-14 of 14