ForumsWEPREconomical Crisis

34 9712
mariosgeo
mariosgeo
25 posts
Farmer

I am from Greece.As most of u know about Crisis
The Coutry tries to find a way to solve this problem!!!!!!
Lets hope we will have a government to solve this F****** problems

• 34 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Consider the consequences of not saving others; The common currency potentially collapses

i don't see the currency crawl back to former glory anyway. it's already breaking the best thing in my view would be a "neuro" and "seuro"
the coin was made to bring countrys more together. this sure did happen but it mostly happend from west to east and east to west.
but north and south seem to have only grown farder appart.

maybe thats because north and south already had good connections befor the euro. while west and east hadn't.

but the idea that we ALL grow together looks missleading to me.

Japan's ''Lost Decade''

s
ure it wasn't a nice time. butlike a stated befor. it will not be like that forever. back then i gave the example of argentina going bankrupt and then becoming 1 of the fastest growing countrys.
japan is/was in that same vessel.

so i agree that it will be bad times for greece and maybe some others. but the futher is always clear when you come from a dark time.

Btw, Party if you want to understand the Crisis more in depth, the recent issue of The Economist has a brilliant article in its first few pages.

thx, but i think i have no time to get a copy. maybe youl have a little link to it?
i'm prety busy in madrid lately for a big client.
what ive seen in spain isn't that bad as the media likes to bring it. but then again i never realy toke a good look at spain myself befor.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

i don't see the currency crawl back to former glory anyway. it's already breaking the best thing in my view would be a "neuro" and "seuro"
the coin was made to bring countrys more together. this sure did happen but it mostly happend from west to east and east to west.
but north and south seem to have only grown farder appart.

maybe thats because north and south already had good connections befor the euro. while west and east hadn't.

but the idea that we ALL grow together looks missleading to me.

A Neuro and a Seuro is not the fault of the Euro, but just unbalanced growth. So I don't see why the Euro should not stand, so much as the North helping the South push up it's growth. It's also not just a North-South divide, given that Italy and Spain, however shaky they are, are still two of the bigger economies in the EU.

s
ure it wasn't a nice time. butlike a stated befor. it will not be like that forever. back then i gave the example of argentina going bankrupt and then becoming 1 of the fastest growing countrys.
japan is/was in that same vessel.

Japan is still woozy from the effects of the Lost Decade, and has not recovered. The terror is that any more hesitation just like in Japan's case will lead to a long term low growth era.

back then i gave the example of argentina going bankrupt

Argentina's crisis was different, it was caused by suddenly opening up the country along Monetarist, free trade lines. It was also caused by the Falklands War, and wasted money on useless government projects. Quite the different case from the EU crisis now. Many of the European countries have crises because of shaky financial structures in both the countries and the EU, and corrupted politicians, which are more long term problems.

so i agree that it will be bad times for greece and maybe some others. but the futher is always clear when you come from a dark time.

Japan has been a two decade long rut with no end in sight.

what ive seen in spain isn't that bad as the media likes to bring it. but then again i never realy toke a good look at spain myself befor.

I think it's quite bad, because of the property bubble bursting, the unbearable unemployment rate and subsequently, lack of ''animal spirits'' as Keynes called it.

Abridged I think.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Argentina's crisis was different,

ofcours the crisis was different. not many crisises happen and move in the same way as a other.
but that beside. that example of mine was ment for greece alone not about the whole area.

i g2g now. i will come back on the rest later.
Zee_
Zee_
16 posts
Nomad

The U.S. is heading the same way you guys are mostly because of the elitests that practically run this country and also because of the idiots that vote in people like obama, and possibly romney

Showing 31-34 of 34