ForumsPopular MediaWhat the heck is with twilight

38 13310
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Whats with these movies itss a whole thing about a vampire and a werewolf fighting over one girl umm hello there r more girls out there not just one and what im going to say now will probably fill my profile with angry comments about this but whatever: i think girls just go there to see the dudes on there they dont listen to it at all just stare and drool.

• 38 Replies
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I hit submit by mistake.

Cont: I mean they've changed the ending of the book to create a sequel. Fans aren't complaining because there'll be another book, another movie. Not to mention a whole lot more money for those involved.

Smart move.

One thing that really bugs me is that Stephanie Meyers has this stupid appearance in the first movie.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Well written. For it's genre.
What genre? Romance? No it isn't. It's awful. Gothic fantasy? No it isn't. It's awful. I admit, romance is not known for its literary merit, and any type of fantasy is just above **** and Jane, but Twilight still manages to be bad. If you mean it's well written for its genre of "crap" then I'd say the quality of writing is irrelevant. It's what... well written for being as well written as it is?

And I'm not sure what you mean when you say it's a good franchise. It makes money and is popular? Sure. But slavery made money and was popular too. Doesn't make it good.

All in all, while I think Twilight also sends very bad social messages, for the most part it just is what it is. Horrible. And if anyone likes it, that's okay. So long as they don't go thinking it's good.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

If you mean it's well written for its genre of "crap" then I'd say the quality of writing is irrelevant. It's what... well written for being as well written as it is?

I'm a firm believer in at least trying something (listening to an artist, reading a book, etc) before criticizing it too much. So painfully I tried to read Twilight...I'm not kidding when I say after 2 paragraphs (yes, 2 measly paragraphs) I wanted to throw the book down in a fit of nerd rage and burn it and everything around it. It was such a terrible book that was terribly written

All in all, while I think Twilight also sends very bad social messages

Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing
what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it
is to have a boyfriend.
Many people attribute this quote to Stephen King, but to who actually said it is up for debate
Time2play
Time2play
4 posts
Scribe

[quote]Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing
what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it
is to have a boyfriend. Many people attribute this quote to Stephen King, but to who actually said it is up for debate
The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is difficult to verify there authenticity.
~Ben Franklin

indianajones1
indianajones1
74 posts
Nomad

I like Twilight.
If someone said that I will kill him right away.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Now that the movies are done, the twilight saga will just die like any other movie.

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

When I started to watch Twilight I thought it was actually going to be like blade!! I was sore mistaken. I had the impressions that vampires = A LOT of blood and death. Apparently not anymore 0.o Now it's all about love stories.

Showing 31-37 of 38