ForumsThe TavernHow can people like cabbage?

29 5486
BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

I really hate cabbage, it's bland and stringy. I almost choke to death whenever I have some.

What's you're favourite vegetable? Mine is iceberg lettuce, and for some reason I like brussel sprouts even though I used to describe the taste as solidified farts.

• 29 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

seems like this is going to end up the same as my pineapple forum i hate cabbage but i like lettuce juice

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Cabbage is stringy? Then you're not eating the right kind.

I've always liked cabbage, especially cabbage soup, or just boiled cabbage with oyster sauce. Simple home dish.

I like all kinds of vegetables. Carrots, radish, turnip, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, lettuce, Chinese spinach, spinach, Chinese broccoli, all kinds of beans, etc. Must be the Asian in me.

JoshTheBoss
JoshTheBoss
417 posts
Nomad

Good! That's one more person who'll keep his hands off ma burled haliday cabbage!

KrissBoiixP
KrissBoiixP
75 posts
Nomad

CARROT!! anyhow i love all kinds of vegetables including cabbage. There is different kinds of cabbages, may be you tried a bad one.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Cabbages are my favorite vegetables, how can anyone hate them?

notinthepie3
notinthepie3
658 posts
Nomad

Cabbage is actually pretty good in my opinion. Especially when its eaten as sauerkraut XD

Favorite vegetable.. hm.. well I like a lot of vegetables, so I guess I'll just name the ones I don't like: ~raw~ tomatoes, ~raw~ onions, bell peppers, and I think something else. I like onions and tomatoes cooked, but definitely not raw. Tomatoes raw taste all squishy and seedy and *bleh*

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

i actually like cabbages. actually, its one of the only vegetables i like when its cooked. i like many vegetables but only a few when they are cooked. i actually like spinach too.

my fav would be coluraby (even though i have no idea if this is its name in english) and my most hated... probably celery

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Fresh cabbages without any cooking or anything is the way I like it best. Two reasons

1) It's kinda delicious.
2) I's good for your health

You might ignore the 2nd one, but the first reason is good for people (expecially us, kids) to eat fresh cabbages. I eat cabbages when I watch a comedy on YouTube.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I don't really mind cabbage. I'm a spoiled American- I eat whatever the hell I want.

Out of curiosity, doesn't this thread kinda go against the "Don't ask random qustions" rule?

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Do you think of this as a random question?

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I like brussel sprouts

You can eat brussel sprouts, but you cannot eat cabbage? LoL I would take 10 heads of cabbage over one brussel sprout any day.

Cabbage is pretty good. Depends on how you eat it, and how it is prepared. Fresh cabbage with ranch dressing (need ranch to kill that kind of sour taste) is always pretty good.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I like cabbage, it goes well with corned beef (smoked meat) during St-Patrick's day.
My favorite vegetable is cauliflower. I could eat the entire thing with butter on it. YUM!!!
I like pretty much all the vegetables and I eat a lot of them.

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

There are some people out there who are Korean. Say what you will about cabbage, kim chee is delicious.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

How can people like whipped cream. Just that disgusting texture in my mouth is ugh. And it tastes like nothing! But I see people eating it all the time! HOW?!?!?!?!?!?

People have different tastes for different foods. Is that so hard to handle?

kim chee is delicious

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM Kim Chee is the best.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I can appreciate cabbage in all forms! Even steamed cabbage is alright in my book! Though I do think the Koreans and the Germans know how to prepare it better than anyone else... =)

(Seriously, why has nobody mentioned sauerkraut?)

Showing 1-15 of 29