ForumsWEPRThe Pen or the Hammer?

11 3426
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

In terms of the Market, business, fiscal policies, and other financial products and situations, which do you believe influences the most in the drive of the economy? The Pen, which is the collective amount of research, development, ideals, and team that puts forth their knowledge into making a product, or The Hammer, which is the building and manufacturing of said product and the marketing to produce the product?

• 11 Replies
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Both are important but the hammer can work without pen(new ideas) in short run

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

which do you believe influences the most in the drive of the economy?

for a steady drive of the economy we only need the hammer.
but if we want to grow the economy, then we need the pen to think of new ways to sell your stuff and/or improof the products so it stands out of the mass.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

for a steady drive of the economy we only need the hammer.
but if we want to grow the economy, then we need the pen to think of new ways to sell your stuff and/or improof the products so it stands out of the mass.

On micro level hammer alone can survive for some time as others will be using pen too.
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

The pen requires the hammer to be sustained, but the hammer does not require the pen.

The hammer is more important to survive, the pen is more important to thrive.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

The hammer is more important to survive,

"But to survive is to endure and flourish."

Locust Queen, Gears of War 2

Anyways, I feel that to be truly successful in today's economy, with competition and other companies, the pen is the better of the two.

But if in a self-absorbed economical dome, you could do without the pen.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Both are needed, without one, the whole product is not complete. Fiscal policy needs both the data and information gathered to detail and engineer it, whilst you need the Hammer, or enforcement, to see it goes through.

JoshTheBoss
JoshTheBoss
417 posts
Nomad

You can write just as easily with pencils and typewriters, but nothing pounds things as well as a hammer.

I know what you're actually asking, but it's only possible to make a discerning argument in the literal sense.

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

You can put as much drive into the product as you want, but you're never going to make any money if you don't actually build the product.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

You can put as much drive into the product as you want, but you're never going to make any money if you don't actually build the product.

there are these scams tho.
and on i-net there are also ways to make money whitout making a actual product.
ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

I saw this and I thought you meant like negotiating for people to work together or threaten them. Either way, both are important like the left side of the brain and the right... (except for it also has logic in the front as well as moral and empathy and the back hold other things that I have yet to look up/read). Any way, both are needed and both can work together. In a split second decision I would pick the pen though, just because I am more pen then hammer.

016Bramble
016Bramble
408 posts
Nomad

The hammer is a given, the pen is not. No matter what happens, the hammer will still be there because nobody, and I mean nobody is going to stop the hammer.

But, the question is which one influences the most, not which one is more important. So, my answer is: The Pen. Without the pen, the hammer would remain about the same for all of eternity. With the pen, the market is driven to new heights and more is possible to accomplish.

Showing 1-11 of 11