Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Gantic's Sworded Axe of Paronomasia -- Round Five, Page 7

Posted Jul 9, '12 at 5:04pm

aknerd

aknerd

1,275 posts

OH NO! You also used Bern. Well... shucks. And here I was thinking I was all clever. Ugh.... Well, try this:

Now, I hope you Canberra how awful this entry is. I've been Havana a hard time coming up with something good, but Lima try to make up for past mistakes. After Dublin my efforts, I think I might have a real capital pun* for you here.

*I just hope it doesn't merit capital punishment

...sigh...

Posted Jul 12, '12 at 8:45pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,543 posts

Well, I'm going to Bree extra careful with this entry. My last one I spent a lot of time on, but I felt like it wandered to-and-fRohan a bit. But, then again, I spent so much time on it and only got zero points!? When I saw the judging my Angmar really began to Mount. I felt like I was drowning in a sea of Rhun. So, this round, I Wold like to take my time. I'm going to take a good Hoarwell spent and make this the best entry yet. I want to earn a lot of points. But if not, maybe me and the judges can find some sort of middle ground or Middle Earth, so to speak, and I can earn at least one point.

Posted Jul 12, '12 at 10:19pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,846 posts

Tomorrow is the last day to submit anything.

Posted Jul 14, '12 at 2:22pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,846 posts

aknerd - It was going well (+3) until you decided to use the wrong word (-1). Lima, Peru is pronounced Lee-mah while Lima, Ohio is pronounced lie-mah. The latter isn't a capital of anything but it is a county seat. Capital idea (+1). Total x2 = +6

Reton8 - It's a bit stretchy but it works (+2). No one gained any points in the previous round, but it spurned you to try Arda. Total x2 = +4

Round Five Against the Sworded Axe
It is time to choose whether to branch out or return to your roots. It's only going to get harder when we leave this punnery behind us. Barking up the wrong tree will cost you.

You have until Saturday, July 21st.

Posted Jul 15, '12 at 4:28pm

aknerd

aknerd

1,275 posts

Lima, Peru is pronounced Lee-mah while Lima, Ohio is pronounced lie-mah

Well, it was supposed to be "let me" not "I'm a". In fairness, it was by far the worst pun in my entry. This time, I'll try not to go so far out on a limb.

Posted Jul 17, '12 at 9:30pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,543 posts

Here's my en-tree. The wording is a bit flowery

Juliet:
O Romorel, Romorel! wherefern art thou Romorel?
Deny thy father and refuse thy neem;
Or, if thou Wilt nut, be but sworn my love vine,
And I'll no longer bee a Capricot.

Romorel:
Shall I hear morel, or shall I speak at thistle?

Juliet:
'Tis but vine name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, thoak not a Montreegue.
What's Montreegue? it is nor petal, nor root,
Nor stigma, nor style, nor any other part
Belonging to a plant. O, bee some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet.

Posted Jul 22, '12 at 7:47pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,543 posts

I know this thread is far too under-active and I feel like there isn't much a drive to keep this going, but will this last round be scored?

Posted Jul 22, '12 at 8:16pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,846 posts

Can't be bothered. Your total will end up negative, probably negating any gain from the previous round.

Posted Jul 23, '12 at 9:27am

Reton8

Reton8

2,543 posts

Can't be bothered. Your total will end up negative, probably negating any gain from the previous round.

I don't mind negative score, but my puns were so bad they stopped a whole thread :( . My puns must be worse than I thought haha.

Posted Jul 23, '12 at 2:26pm

killersup10

killersup10

1,786 posts

well,Killersup found this place.......whats the theme? :b or can he no join this late in the game?

Reply to Gantic's Sworded Axe of Paronomasia -- Round Five, Page 7

You must be logged in to post a reply!