Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Cenere's hilarious shenanigans - free tea by the door [locked by request]

Thread Locked

Posted Oct 29, '12 at 8:26pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

I'd have to question Cen's state of mind if the blood was real.

Posted Oct 29, '12 at 9:45pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

What, using blood to enhance artwork is considered crazy now?

Guess who isn't sharing any of his paintings from when he was 14...

Posted Oct 30, '12 at 4:35pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

The blood is really good. I have to ask, is the blood real?

What, using blood to enhance artwork is considered crazy now?

You should always question my state of mind. I do.
But, no, the blood isn't real, even if it looks like it (and it does, I have a disgusted classmate's word for it looking eerily real), but rather a high amount of abuse of my water colours.
Glad it did the trick, though.
As for using blood in art = crazy, it's not that bad. Highly dangerous considering the amount, I guess, but it can look alright. Though it does tend to have a consistency and colour, that does not work well for a lot of things, in my opinion.

The rest of the image, I have no idea what is going on.

My characters does not always agree with my decisions.
Some violently disagree.
Oh, and then all the meta.

Posted Oct 30, '12 at 5:51pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

I thought they were water colors. Anyway, I never actually stated that using blood was bad or crazy, but actually making yourself bleed for the sake of art is pretty questionable. Now, if you get a nasty cut or nosebleed feel free to use the blood while you can! But I can't ever think of a time when I thought "I gotta use this blood!" when I've been cut. 

... that does not work well for a lot of things, in my opinion.

Agreed but I've seen it used well in photography. Once you know you are looking at real blood, it just creates a feeling that a substitute can't recreate.

You should always question my state of mind. I do.

I'm in the same boat. I hope you don't have the internal conversations with yourself like I do. I'm not at gollum/smeagol level yet, but I can foresee a future where it happens...

Posted Nov 6, '12 at 3:13pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

Didn't I post last night? Must have derped out.

I thought they were water colors

Darn.

And I don't talk to myself, I talk to the characters that occupy my head. The curse of an imaginative mind, I guess.

Talking about imagination, I seem to have forgotten how to draw. I am just wasting paper at this rate.

Posted Nov 6, '12 at 5:25pm

Hectichermit

Hectichermit

1,169 posts

And I don't talk to myself, I talk to the characters that occupy my head. The curse of an imaginative mind, I guess.

the voices of the characters are saying "Who the hell is this guy, and why am I poorly drawn, but this guy imagines an epic pokemon..." :P

Posted Nov 6, '12 at 5:32pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

Talking about imagination, I seem to have forgotten how to draw. I am just wasting paper at this rate.

Scratch this, they are just being idiots. All of them.

the voices of the characters are saying "Who the hell is this guy, and why am I poorly drawn, but this guy imagines an epic pokemon..." :P

Was that a comment on my artistic skill, that, mr. Hermit?

Posted Nov 6, '12 at 5:38pm

Hectichermit

Hectichermit

1,169 posts

Was that a comment on my artistic skill, that, mr. Hermit?

No its a comment on the characters in your head talking about how they feel about themselves as drawings, Which is the self criticisms that wander around your head :P wouldn't all characters created by oneself have a small part of ones own character? that is just a thought on how it might represent some aspect of character. So I simply put the art critic character into your character, one that most artist have about them. idk random blurb of thought...

Posted Nov 8, '12 at 8:14am

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

No its a comment on the characters in your head talking about how they feel about themselves as drawings, Which is the self criticisms that wander around your head

Oh. No, they do not care. My self critique is my own.
Kai is a master artist when he cares, and even he doesn't care. Cen only care if I draw him doing embarrassing things, which I rarely do.

That said, repost from ASC -
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/img031.jpg

And the most adorable Strop ever drawn, as acknowledged by Strop -
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/img030.jpg

Posted Nov 8, '12 at 9:52am

light_chaser

light_chaser

659 posts

B-B-beautiful...

I just need to learn how to draw good hair+heads...  he he he

that strop is just.  (it's a bit indecent, where's the ninja outfit?)