ForumsArt, Music, and WritingCenere's hilarious shenanigans - free tea by the door [locked by request]

249 80034
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Look, I can art too.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/img019.jpg

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/img020-1.jpg
Hydreigon(c)Nintendo, Gamefreak
Kinda my take on it, since I didn't have a ref.
I think I got it wrong.

• 249 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

This does make me think you misunderstood that trope.

O probably.
So much activity. Amazing.

And we seem to get off topic without getting off topic.
For that, you will need to go out and yell at random people.

I thought that was what the Internet was for.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I thought that was what the Internet was for.

Random people will be different. Like, on the internet, there are internet people. Off the internet, there are internet people off the internet AND people who cannot operate a computer past facebook and twitter, which will give different, biased advice than the biased advice the internet will give you.

And we seem to get off topic without getting off topic.

Which is always nice.
Do wish I had more to show, but I am not feeling particularly well.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Do wish I had more to show, but I am not feeling particularly well.

I was sick last weekend. Then this week I just didn't feel like working on art, pretty much because I am stuck right now on my design. So I really didn't do much arting this week.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I was sick last weekend. Then this week I just didn't feel like working on art, pretty much because I am stuck right now on my design. So I really didn't do much arting this week.

What does annoy me more is that I also have school work to do, but because I am all meh and stuff, I can't even justify drawing between writing, because there isn't much of anything, really...

But, I did a sketch anyway, but...

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/jonvjuvgiur.jpg
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

It looks pretty well, love the idea of the werewolf coming out of the body, at least that's what I interpret as.

Do you plan on shading or colouring it?
Would recommend it.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

It looks pretty well, love the idea of the werewolf coming out of the body, at least that's what I interpret as.

Well, that would be fitting for a whole nother thing. Though, metaphorically, it's pretty accurate.

Do you plan on shading or colouring it?
Would recommend it.

I might, but probably not. My tablet isn't as awesome as it used to be, and right now I couldn't even be bothered to finish the lineart (or the sketch so I could do the lineart).
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

that would be fitting for a whole nother thing

As in draw a part 2 of the picture or make it somewhat like a comic strip?

My tablet isn't as awesome as it used to be

I'm confused on that.
What's a tablet?
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

As in draw a part 2 of the picture or make it somewhat like a comic strip?

No, rather the story of Innocents, which I ought to write properly at one point. It actually has a werewolf.
A part two would be Kai slinking away, as ferret-y people do best.

I'm confused on that.
What's a tablet?

Graphic tablet, a tool used to draw on the computer. Usually consists of a pen and a tablet-plate, which is connected to the computer. You move the pen over the tablet, and it will transfer the movement and pressure onto the computer, in the drawing programme of your choice, in my case, Painttool Sai.
It's fancy, but mine is ten years old and getting a bit tired of everything. Might help to change the tip of it, but I can't on mine, so I don't know.
I should probably invest in a new one.

And I just now noticed I forgot his wings this time around. No wonder it doesn't make sense.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

What's a tablet?

Picture it like an Ipad sized thing, just it is used to draw. Pretty much is just used so that you are not drawing with the mouse.

Seeing how I suck at describing things and I have never really used one that is all I can really say.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Picture it like an Ipad sized thing, just it is used to draw. Pretty much is just used so that you are not drawing with the mouse.

Not entirely accurate, for one they can be between A4 and A6 size, I believe, mine is A6, secondly, while some tablets are like tablet computers, where you draw directly on the pad and can see what you are doing on it, most are more like a plate on which you draw, which is then transferred onto the screen, so you draw one place and see it done somewhere else.
Just to clear that confusion before it starts.
http://0.tqn.com/d/graphicssoft/1/0/U/K/5/I4-Large_ElevAngle.png

Like this one. Though much fancier than mine.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

No, rather the story of Innocents, which I ought to write properly at one point.

Is that in this thread?
Must read it sometime.

Graphic tablet, a tool used to draw on the computer.

Oh, okay, so it's basically like drawing on a screen but what you draw comes up on the computer?
Would you be able to connect one to a laptop or is a desktop required?

I should probably invest in a new one.

How much do they usually cost?
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Bunch of writing today, and eh, Daleks, gave you some art, and no comment?
Even if it isn't good art.

Is that in this thread?
Must read it sometime.

Nah, haven't shared it, besides a drawn summary that no one understood.

Oh, okay, so it's basically like drawing on a screen but what you draw comes up on the computer?
Would you be able to connect one to a laptop or is a desktop required?

See picture and description on previous page.
And I only have a laptop, so that should explain that.

How much do they usually cost?

Between $100 and $1000, more or less. The best ones are extremely expensive, but they generally start at the $100 area.
If my dKR to dollar is correct.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Daleks, gave you some art, and no comment?

Where?
Haven't stumbled across it.

they generally start at the $100 area.

Ah, okay.
So that would be the best for a beginner?
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Where?
Haven't stumbled across it.

Sarcasm, or already forgetting about the "werewolf" a page back? It's art. It's bad art, but it's still aaaart.
Hence, in art thread.
Magic.
Pure magic.

Ah, okay.
So that would be the best for a beginner?

Depends on your level of beginner. Totally newbie, then start with paper. Computer-art newbie, then the cheapest thing that comes to your system, which you like.
It's pretty much how it goes. If money is an issue, take the cheapest thing you can get. If you like a lot of space when you draw, then don't pick an A6 sized tablet. If you have a mac, you are pretty much limited to wacom tablets, which are all wicked expensive, but oh so awesome to draw with.
Everything else is a matter of taste and how much you are going to use it, really.

So, I guess, take a look around you, find something that suits your needs, buy it and have fun?
Considering it acts much like a multi-tool pencil rather than a magic wand of awesome, it's all up to you.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

already forgetting about the "werewolf" a page back?

Read your post wrong, thought you meant daleks posted art and nobody looked at it.

So, in relation to tablets. I guess I'll just look around and if I feel the need to get one, I'll get one.
Showing 151-165 of 249