ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Cenere's hilarious shenanigans - free tea by the door [locked by request]

Thread Locked

Posted Nov 13, '12 at 1:31am

Hectichermit

Hectichermit

1,309 posts

Knight

Irobit? I dunno it was interesting, what came to mind after reading the comments are, the hand looks like its wrapped in bandages, And is that your character Sai? idk its always interesting to see your expressions as for the chronic wrist thing, take more drugs :p

Posted Nov 13, '12 at 3:03am

Cenere

Cenere

14,002 posts

Knight

the hand looks like its wrapped in bandages

It does, a bit. It was easier than trying to draw out finger bones and muscles to a believable point at that scale, and it still calls for hands that are somewhat easy to move and gesture with.
Not quite happy with the colouring, though.

its always interesting to see your expressions as for the chronic wrist thing

Not sure it is chronic as much as me holding the pen wrong or sitting in my bed awkwardly while drawing. Though the same thing does tend to happen when I write notes for class, but that's most definitely because I can't hold a pen like a normal human being.
As for drugs, I am really trying not to.

And is that your character Sai?

I... Let me just get the picture out.
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/comparison.jpg
I guess it is a fine time to make a few info cards...

Posted Nov 13, '12 at 3:48pm

Cenere

Cenere

14,002 posts

Knight

So, I sat down and drew my characters being awesome, and after having stared at the entirely blank paper for a while, I drew them standing around looking bored as usual.
At least this will serve as some kind of... thing of... some kind.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/img033.jpg

Colours are a bit off, since colouring in the current light makes for very little ability to find the right colours... And I also did not have a neon purple for Sai.
So, that's that.
And there are others, but these, I guess, are the most common around these parts of the internet.

Posted Nov 13, '12 at 7:14pm

Gantic

Gantic

9,744 posts

Cen is missing his ponytail and glasses! It's all wrong. Everything is a lie. Cartoony characters never change!

I can't hold the pen in the right angle when I hold it with me elbow or shoulder.

It's only fair I learn Danish to make puns.

Posted Nov 13, '12 at 9:50pm

daleks

daleks

3,652 posts

I... Let me just get the picture out.

WHY DO PEOPLE GET THEM CONFUSED? They are not even the same gender.
At least this will serve as some kind of... thing of... some kind.

Never heard of Lyra, or I just don't remember her. You seem to be the only blond there, is that why you look mad?

Posted Nov 13, '12 at 9:53pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

Cen is missing his ponytail and glasses! It's all wrong. Everything is a lie. Cartoony characters never change!

...Makeover?

Lyra looks a bit off-standish compared to the others.

Posted Nov 13, '12 at 10:03pm

daleks

daleks

3,652 posts

Cen is missing his ponytail and glasses!

Hold your bunnies man! I think you are getting Cen confused with Librarian Cen. Obviously two different people, like Ninja Strop and Doctor Strop.

Posted Nov 13, '12 at 10:03pm

thoadthetoad

thoadthetoad

5,814 posts

Lol I remember talking dirtily about Lyra. Now she more or less reminds me of a certain classmate that I moreso respect than want to "do". I both fear her and think that she'd be able to hold up an intelligible conversation, based upon relooking at her design.

One thing that I appreciate with your characters, Cen, is that they all have varied body types. This is something I do not seem to be able to get the handle of. Hopefully I'll figure out how to make separate body types look proportional, anyhow.

Posted Nov 13, '12 at 10:11pm

toprichieboy

toprichieboy

82 posts

Looks really good.!!!

Posted Nov 14, '12 at 3:28am

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

900 posts

Why does Kai not have shoes on? :D

Lyra looks a bit off-standish

Probably the intent, she's not looking at "us", (yes I'm aware that Sai isn't either, but Sai is in the middle of the picture, so it would be hard to call her stand-offish.

Besides, based on this picture alone, (I've not seen any of Cen's other drawings within reason because I'm not one to browse through art threads) Lyra seems like somewhat awkward with Cen, yknow when you see someone you like but want to avoid and you kind of step a bit to the side to avoid conversation? Yeahhh...
Crush/used to date? :D
If not; it's an idea.