ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Cenere's hilarious shenanigans - free tea by the door [locked by request]

Thread Locked

Posted Dec 6, '12 at 7:01pm

Cenere

Cenere

14,002 posts

Knight

Why do I, at almost 1 am, feel the urge to draw, not just anything, but really, really lame stuff.
Like illustrating the AU AU, because the lack of a visual effect to a seemingly satanic curse dumbfounding, or the Governmorons as fightgame characters, with basic animation or pixels or stuff. Or something huge and colourful and awesome, but I don't have ideas for.
Or ZombieAU stuff, a huge egocentric list of Cenversions, Kai actually not being a doofus... Lyra, because she's hard to draw, and boobs are hard to draw, and clothes are just annoying and uninspired and everything is a bunch of crap, and I really need to sleep...

vnsjkgbueiofj

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 6:59pm

Cenere

Cenere

14,002 posts

Knight

So, apparently I can't just make small simple drawings for the ASC anymore. Which is kind of crap, because they are so much work.
Anyway, more stuff no one will get, wooh!

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/bro.jpg

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 10:17pm

Gantic

Gantic

10,027 posts

Mind explaining what's going on the background?

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 6:26pm

Cenere

Cenere

14,002 posts

Knight

Mind explaining what's going on the background?

For once I actually do mind... But, I guess it can be described well as "blood and violence". Unless you are referring to the background, which are trees and a rock.

Anti-showing what is going on the background, pro-I don't have layers, how do I correct the lineart:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/img069.jpg

Also, instead of drawing for the ASC (I guess I won't enter this round), I drew horrible monster that does not enjoy wings belonging to other people, I guess. The scene is largely incorrect.
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/wingripper.jpg
And the background is largely blue, because I was getting tired of drawing. I also need more browns.

As for the AU, well, I think this would be canon.
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/img066.jpg
I will spare the details.

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 7:16pm

Gantic

Gantic

10,027 posts

Aren't Cen and Kai midground or at least somewhere between midground and background? I am referring to the trees. The trees have lateral blue lines crossing them. Is that some sort of magical aura? fog? energy field? emanating from the rock?

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 7:26pm

Cenere

Cenere

14,002 posts

Knight

Aren't Cen and Kai midground or at least somewhere between midground and background? I am referring to the trees. The trees have lateral blue lines crossing them. Is that some sort of magical aura? fog? energy field? emanating from the rock?

You are the best, Gantic.
Nah, it's just crappy shading, really. A cold winter afternoon, with that kind of sky that just makes everything seem blue, and the snow to help it all along.
I would have made it better if I had drawn on some water resistant paper, so I could actually have used water to blend with.
Sorry for the confusion.

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 8:20pm

TackyCrazyTNT

TackyCrazyTNT

1,955 posts

Cennneeeereeeee

Your art is fantastic as ever. I love the detail of the blood dripping from the dragon's mouth, and have always been a fan of your sketches.

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 8:41pm

daleks

daleks

3,704 posts

Oooo, Cen. I just had a great idea! You should draw what you think I look like!

Posted Dec 11, '12 at 1:33pm

Gantic

Gantic

10,027 posts

You need an all-consuming detail-oriented obsession that won't let you sleep until you create a perfect product.

Posted Dec 11, '12 at 1:47pm

Cenere

Cenere

14,002 posts

Knight

Cennneeeereeeee

Hi Tacks.

Your art is fantastic as ever. I love the detail of the blood dripping from the dragon's mouth, and have always been a fan of your sketches.

Thanks.
Also *shapeshifter. They get so grumpy when you call them dragons.

Oooo, Cen. I just had a great idea! You should draw what you think I look like!

Sure, why the **** not.

You need an all-consuming detail-oriented obsession that won't let you sleep until you create a perfect product.

So, something like perfectionism paired with moderate anxiety?