Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Cenere's hilarious shenanigans - free tea by the door [locked by request]

Thread Locked

Posted Jun 21, '12 at 1:20pm

Gantic

Gantic

9,709 posts

And please no crits on this one, if someone should feel the urge. Take the two top ones and rip those apart, but not this one.

And then they like... took photos and stuff and I just stood there and...

So are those mountains in the background... or a rhino?

Posted Jun 21, '12 at 2:03pm

daleks

daleks

3,651 posts

I have taken a great liking to many of the fifth gens mainly due to a mix between their design and their dex entry.

..............................................................................................
..............................................................................................
Friendship over man. Friendship over. Everyone knows that first generation is the best.
OK, our friendship isn't over but 5th gen? Really?

If it is not mountains and it is a rhino I would have many questions for Cen, besides that he likes 5th generation Pokemon.

Posted Jun 21, '12 at 3:26pm

Cenere

Cenere

14,002 posts

Knight

And elephant, actually.

Friendship over man. Friendship over. Everyone knows that first generation is the best.
OK, our friendship isn't over but 5th gen? Really?

Let's delete this rant and instead go
Yup, fifth gens. Not all of them. I think I like somewhere around 10-20 of them for either design or background information (or for them being fire Pokemon), and I totally understand why people don't like that generation very much from both a design and a game perspective. But it won't stop me from liking Hydreigon. Or Chandelure, the little macabre chandelier.
Just as Magmar being a first gen doesn't make it look any less like someone smacked it in the face with a pan real hard. It's just a matter of taste, and some of them does deserve more than the usual "Ew, gen I don't like, booh!". Though the trash and the ice cream cone mons should kindly go die in a hellfire.

besides that he likes 5th generation Pokemon.

I have a horrible urge to draw up a few just to show you how badbutt they can be.
Instead, have some recycling:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/sandiles.jpg
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/SazandoravsNidoking.jpg
Oh, and this, just because I found it.

(This is not at all because I have nothing to post, and won't have for a long while)

Posted Jun 22, '12 at 11:47am

daleks

daleks

3,651 posts

Did you draw the one that you had a link too? And is that Nidoking in the second picture?

Posted Jun 23, '12 at 2:20pm

Cenere

Cenere

14,002 posts

Knight

Drew all of them, otherwise I would have written a disclaimer. Though, for the sake of fairness, the meme itself was made by the dA user AquaMizuko, with her(?) url present on the meme itself.

And it is indeed a Nidoking in the second picture. I kinda like that guy, though it was Zophia's choice to include it. But that is a longer, more boring story.

I wonder if I ought to draw up a good bunch of my favourite pokemon, but that probably wouldn't be popular.

Posted Jun 23, '12 at 2:50pm

daleks

daleks

3,651 posts

But that is a longer, more boring story.

Some stories are more interesting when you have not heard them before. But if it really is boring I don't want you wasting your time typing it.
I wonder if I ought to draw up a good bunch of my favourite pokemon, but that probably wouldn't be popular.

What are you talking about? I still LOVE Pokemon. And you should draw what you want and not what you think will be popular.

Posted Jul 11, '12 at 5:59pm

Cenere

Cenere

14,002 posts

Knight

Hmm, seems like a good time to - bump this.

Some stories are more interesting when you have not heard them before. But if it really is boring I don't want you wasting your time typing it.

Long story short: We were going to collab, she sent a sketch, I couldn't find a proper way of correcting it to not look like the nido was curbstomping the hydra, did new sketch, did line art, got chewed out for not using the sketch.
Wonderful times.

What are you talking about? I still LOVE Pokemon. And you should draw what you want and not what you think will be popular.

Well, I do enjoy drawing pokemon, but it isn't the best of choice for getting some proper art for my portfolio, and I always get a bit on edge when doing fanart, because it always seems like I am the only one enjoying myself, the same way I get on edge when uploading drawings of Cen derping around.
After all, it's not like I have people jumping at my thread every time I post something.

Anyway, to something completely different:
All you people with more money than me, and thus tablet computers: What would your recommendations be for a cheap, powerful tablet computer for artistic travel use? I can probably get used to the finger painting, if I can't get a stylus or one of the alternatives, but being without my graphic tablet is kinda... Well, paper has a way of being limited in a variety of ways that I always forget about before I end up missing an inch of the drawing I am doing, because I have run out of paper, so I wouldn't mind having some other way to get some sketches down...
So, tablet computers that aren't going to leave me eating noodles for the next fourteen years?

Posted Jul 11, '12 at 7:07pm

Welven_Warrior

Welven_Warrior

14 posts

those drawings are amazing!!!

Posted Jul 11, '12 at 7:15pm

dank40

dank40

109 posts

Nice work, very vibrant colors.

Posted Jul 12, '12 at 3:37pm

Gantic

Gantic

9,709 posts

Hmm, seems like a good time to - bump this.

After all, it's not like I have people jumping at my thread every time I post something.

That moment when you don't post for a while and suddenly post and it turns out you didn't post a new drawing. It taunts me!