Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Cenere's hilarious shenanigans - free tea by the door [locked by request]

Thread Locked

Posted Aug 9, '12 at 2:56pm

kevin8ye

kevin8ye

514 posts

it slightly pisses me off when I see other people's drawings. I suck BADLY at drawing.

Posted Aug 9, '12 at 11:25pm

daleks

daleks

3,177 posts

Well at least you start stuff. I am more of, 'I have this idea. But it will be lots of work and probably turn out like ****. I will do it tomorrow (tomorrow=never).

I cannot quote easily on my phone so hopefully you can figure out what I am responding to.

Ferret on a sugar high? O God that sounds horrible. Maybe you should learn to play possum. But in the sense that the possum is focusing on acting dead and you should focus on your art when you have time.

Umm...I was always a fan of Cen's Art Thread. Clear and to the point. But you could change it a little but make it clear what it is. Or you can piss people off by calling it something like WoM II just to get more views. Depends what you want really.

Well the dragon is good but the background....ya. ummm. How are you going to make that a warehouse? Good luck with that. Obviously(at least to me) the streaks are the lines in the background that seem out of place. Like the lines right in front of the dragons nose. Hopefully you know what I am talking about or I will have to show it to you. AND ALL ONE LAYER! Actually I would have probably done the same thing. But I would advise duplicating the layer now. Eh, it is your picture. You don't have to make excuses. Just say that you like it that way and I will not bug you any more.

But if I tell you what I don't like you will probably try and fix it. Knowing my luckn(and combined with yours it cannot be much better) it will just turn out worse. Then you would be slightly mad and I would have to go jump off a cliff. But if you must know I will tell you.
*SKIP THIS PART IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW*
OK, I guess you are probably reading this, seeing how I know you almost as well as some of my friends. I don't like how the spikes on the head/neck seem like they are not whole. They look like arm bands in the shape of spikes. It bugs me.
*END PART YOU PROBABLY READ ANYWAY*

I cannot. I would feel like a jerk for commenting on it.

ASC? Never heard of it. Is Kai the redhaired dude?

Posted Aug 10, '12 at 2:50am

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

it slightly pisses me off when I see other people's drawings. I suck BADLY at drawing.

I suck at poetry, we all have something we are not good at.

Maybe you should learn to play possum.

Perhaps, perhaps. I am at least trying to get better patience, since it's pretty vital, should I ever track down the road of animation. At least I am pretty stubborn as well, so I think it's just a matter of turning that towards something practical, and not whether I can live for less than 10 dollars a week.

Cen's Art Thread

If Strop gets online sometime soon, I will ask him to change it, then. Because I honestly do not have anything better.

Well the dragon is good but the background....ya. ummm.

If the demon-thing is okay, then everything is okay. As mentioned, I don't bother much with the background, currently it's just there so I remember what highlights and shadows I need to include, and nothing more. The streaks are not there for any other reason than a weak attempt to do something about it. When it's done, the "moon" will be a row of windows, and the streaks won't be there anymore.

I don't like how the spikes on the head/neck seem like they are not whole.

Oh. Lol. That's nothing. It's not looking whole because they aren't. As mentioned, I got pretty bored with it, and this a long time before I even moved to the eye. The spikes are just outlined, because they should have been included, and I couldn't be bothered to either actually draw them in, or, for that matter, erase them from the drawing.
So, if it is looking a bit unfinished, it's because it is.
Which I guess would bug anyone, but Lazy Mc'Lazy...

I cannot. I would feel like a jerk for commenting on it.

Well, either it's the sketch you are going to comment on, in which case there were good opportunity to do that when I posted it without colour, or you are going to comment on the colours, and they are not going to look like that anyway, so there should be nothing holding you back from commenting on it.

ASC? Never heard of it. Is Kai the redhaired dude?

Art Skill Comp, now newly revived. Not that I can enter it myself, but I like the challenge.
And yes, Kai is the redhead both Strop and I draw in sometimes. He's a bit of a partycrasher, or, in this case, a "let's get you to draw all the stuff you are bad at, lol!"-kind-of-guy.

Posted Aug 10, '12 at 2:03pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

Post dedicated to Zophia for the title change that was a lot more creative than what I could think up.
So:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/NewCanvas-3.jpg
Mazzelhthanks.

Posted Aug 10, '12 at 2:04pm

Zophia

Zophia

8,407 posts

*sips tea*

Most excellent.

Keep up the good work. :3

Posted Aug 10, '12 at 7:51pm

light_chaser

light_chaser

659 posts

I like looking at abtm (arts by the mods) because it makes me happy to see someone who is better at drawing than me.  (I am happy all the time, btw... and you know the reason why...)

also pretty good tea.  Got any cream?

Posted Aug 10, '12 at 10:43pm

daleks

daleks

3,177 posts

=O Zoph just nailed the title. Why didn't I think of that? Thanks Zoph!

So tea, makes me want to come to this thread more.

Ummm..ya. colors. Just post it when you are finished with it.

Is it bad that I have pictured Zoph as a 6ish year old girl splashing in water? I blame her About for that image. And nice sketch for Zoph there.

Posted Aug 10, '12 at 10:58pm

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,216 posts

We all know you can art you buttface (u___u)

WHY IS IT ALL SO AWESOME

Posted Aug 11, '12 at 9:02am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

ASC? ASC? Oh my it's back! oh wait this is not the ASC, it's Cen's thread.

Nah, Strop just has a better understanding of dynamics than I have. Action poses and the like, while I am more technically skilled.
And I have a patience as a ferret on a sugar high. not so much that I get bored with drawing, as much as I lose interest in the idea, or stop thinking it looks good. Which is probably the same.

That's about right, if only I had Cen's understanding of brushes and colours. And hair. And I have the opposite problem to Cen, often I end up spending too much time on a single pic, even if it's a crappy sketch, and it cuts into my work or sleep >_

Posted Aug 11, '12 at 2:58pm

murasaki9

murasaki9

1,342 posts

Where's my free tea?????
*runs around in circles*
I was expecting some free tea!!!
*pauses*
By the way, nice art, people.