ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Cenere's hilarious shenanigans - free tea by the door [locked by request]

Thread Locked

Posted Aug 11, '12 at 6:48pm

Cenere

Cenere

14,002 posts

Knight

Amusing what a title change can do, huh...

In order of appearance:
@Zophia: Always, M'Lady.
@Light_Chaser: Yet, I am no longer a mod. Doesn't it ruin the happy? Also, milk, cream and sugar is on the tray to the other side of the door.
@Daleks: Zophia is nothing but overly creative. As for age, well. Childishness is a good thing.
@Moon: Because I'm... worth it? Uh.
@Strop: YOU DARN RIGHT IT'S MY THREAD SO NO NAKED HORSIES HERE AGAIN! But yeah, Strop's pretty much highlighting the point entirely. We have widely different styles and talents, and of course we end up admiring each other for our skills. Circle of envy, go.
@Murasaki: People? Since when did I turn plural?

I also come with art!
Art of which I have been almost entirely unable to keep from posting and bragging about for the last three days, but here it is!

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/freestylecoll.jpg

Yes, the background has been blur-abused horribly, and so have the fore-foreground, but I kinda ended up really tired and fighting the deadline for the ASC, even if I am not officially entering anyway. It's probably one of the most elaborate background I have ever done on my own, which I am going to feel proud about no matter how little is seen of it properly and how basic it really is.
As for Kai. That... That picture is pretty much showcasing stuff I can't do. Dynamics, action poses, weird angles, secondary shine/light, proper lightening based on surroundings and said surroundings. I think it went well. Better than I had hoped. So much that I don't feel good looking too much at it in case I see something that could have been improved or looks wrong, because I don't think the crash from this art-high will do anything good to my confidence, but that is another matter, and I am only rambling because of that high.
Anyway. Took me since Monday to do this. The thumbnail alone took around an hour, and then adding on the sketching over time. So, there have been a lot of hours invested in this. The original is a 2000x2500 type of deal, and I am considering posting it on dA just because.
As for the scene, it's inspired by the Air Gear crossover Strop and I have been toying with. There is a whole lot of story related to that, because I generate stories automatically (it's a curse...), but all you need to know is that the guy in the hoodie is crossovered version of Cen, which is a lot more awesome than the one you might know from the WoM, and he is most likely yelling obscenities at Kai, the redhead with the bruises and the weird outfit. And outfit that, now that I remember, was designed mainly by Strop, so all the weird hazards of loose bandage and such was his idea. He also suggested adding chains to the belts, but I had gone past the colouring stage by then and didn't want to do more.
Marks under the sneakerskates is also courtesy of Strop, who mentioned they were missing, so I managed to draw them in anyway.
Oh, and he is probably going to fail the jump and break something.

No one read all this, do they...
OH WELL OFF TO SLEEP!

Posted Aug 11, '12 at 7:19pm

daleks

daleks

3,657 posts

People? Since when did I turn plural?

My words must paint pictures. Or you have mutated. I am going with the latter.
Oh, and he is probably going to fail the jump and break something.

ACL tear. Just trust me, inside joke. Not really funny either...Ummmm...ya. None of you would get it. So I don't know why I made it.
No one read all this, do they...

Of course I did. You want comments?

Posted Aug 11, '12 at 9:59pm

light_chaser

light_chaser

1,092 posts

Well, it kinda does smoosh it a little bit, but what I meant was arts by the mods and mods of Christmas past...

Also, thanks, I don't know how I could have missed the tray.... XD

Posted Aug 12, '12 at 5:21am

Cenere

Cenere

14,002 posts

Knight

My words must paint pictures. Or you have mutated. I am going with the latter.

I do have a bit of a multiple personality/schizoid mentality, but neither of those voices were the ones drawing.

ACL tear. Just trust me, inside joke. Not really funny either...Ummmm...ya. None of you would get it. So I don't know why I made it.

Sounds painful. But eh, he's resilient. It's Kai, after all*.

Of course I did. You want comments?

Don't I always? But eh, up to you, if there is nothing to comment on, then there is not reason to comment.

Well, it kinda does smoosh it a little bit, but what I meant was arts by the mods and mods of Christmas past...

I always liked the mod of Christmas present better. Oh well.

Also, thanks, I don't know how I could have missed the tray.... XD

Said tray is also very good for jamming the door in case of zombies.

*I am starting to feel it would be a good idea to make a small introduction to some of the characters that keep popping up? Like Kai, who only people from 2008 will remember readily. Same with Lyra, who shouldn't have become a character anyway.

Posted Aug 12, '12 at 1:17pm

daleks

daleks

3,657 posts

Well what is the black line on the right side of the picture? It looks like your hand slipped while using a type of brush.

And the leaves on the trees on the left side of Kai seem to bright. I think they take away a little from focusing on Kai.

Posted Aug 12, '12 at 1:38pm

Cenere

Cenere

14,002 posts

Knight

Well what is the black line on the right side of the picture? It looks like your hand slipped while using a type of brush.

I should probably have put some kind of texture on the block, so it didn't just look like a black line, but actually an block of concrete or a building, which he (stupidly) jumped from. But I was getting tired and I hate backgrounds.

And the leaves on the trees on the left side of Kai seem to bright. I think they take away a little from focusing on Kai.

He wouldn't like attention being put on something else than him, so noted. Some leaves do have rather bright leaves, especially early in the spring, before the sun has started burning through properly.
The same colour was used for some of the leaves on the other side as well, so I guess it's just because it's contrasting against the building and the darker branches of one of the other trees.

And tinylol, but I kinda thought you meant if I wanted comments on the rant. No one usually seems particularly interested in my brainspawn, so I assumed there was nothing to actually comment on and that no one would bother reading it anyway.
As for comments on the image, well, as written, I am still rather high on completing it. It was a nice image. I am hella proud of it, and now I am starting to feel that familiar "you could have done better" feel. Oh well. Doing better with beating Pan up for the ASC this week.

Posted Aug 12, '12 at 7:52pm

light_chaser

light_chaser

1,092 posts

I remember kai, but who the heck is lyra?

*goes to check the WoM archive*

also, said tray is very good to decapitate zombies with...*

*only if sharpened with industrial sharpener.

Posted Aug 12, '12 at 8:51pm

kevin8ye

kevin8ye

584 posts

nice drawings, howd u change the name?

Posted Aug 13, '12 at 12:38pm

Cenere

Cenere

14,002 posts

Knight

I remember kai, but who the heck is lyra?

Cen's dream girl. Literally so, as he has never met her, but does dream about her from time to time.
The AU Strop and I have been toying with does take it further than that, but otherwise.
Pretty brunette girl with blue eyes.

nice drawings, howd u change the name?

Thanks. Magic.

And something else, just because: I really, really do enjoy watching American series with Danish or Scandinavian characters or people in them. Not just because it's fun to see a small country like this being mentioned, but also because Americans pronounce Danish names in a hilarious way.

Posted Aug 13, '12 at 7:19pm

ABarOfSoap

ABarOfSoap

230 posts

Nice job on the foreshortening, Cenere. Pretty difficult pulling off that type of perspective.

Besides that, I guess my only other comment would be to make the lighting more dramatic (stronger highlights and darker shadows) since it's a bit difficult to tell where the primary light is coming from.