ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Cenere's hilarious shenanigans - free tea by the door [locked by request]

Thread Locked

Posted Aug 13, '12 at 11:00pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,527 posts

Knight

Americans pronounce Danish names in a hilarious way.

No we don't. You guys just have hilarious names.

Posted Aug 14, '12 at 3:45am

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

No we don't. You guys just have hilarious names.

Nup. Sorry, but it is most definitely the pronunciation.
Which is understandable, of course, but no less amusing and slightly hilarious.

Nice job on the foreshortening, Cenere. Pretty difficult pulling off that type of perspective.

Thanks. It took forever to get right, and I keep seeing evidence that it might not have been as successful as I hoped.

Besides that, I guess my only other comment would be to make the lighting more dramatic (stronger highlights and darker shadows) since it's a bit difficult to tell where the primary light is coming from.

I would, but some of the exercise was to get the light to fit the setting. Spring doesn't have a very stark light, not to mention it is rather cool as well, and that was what I was trying to capture, rather than making the shadow and highlight look as dramatic as possible.
I will, however, be doing cellshading in the next entry, so the light there should be a bit easier to make out.

Posted Aug 14, '12 at 9:00am

light_chaser

light_chaser

659 posts

O wait, I remember a mentioning of lyra a long time ago in your previous art thread.  (a loooong time ago, before it was locked.)

Posted Aug 14, '12 at 5:22pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,527 posts

Knight

Nup. Sorry, but it is most definitely the pronunciation.

You guys have people named "Uffe" (ooh-fuh). That's the noise a fat guy makes when he's lifting something heavy.

And you think you're the only ones who find your pronunciation hilarious.

Posted Aug 15, '12 at 4:13am

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

You guys have people named "Uffe" (ooh-fuh). That's the noise a fat guy makes when he's lifting something heavy.

Yes, I am aware. The reason I posted it was due to Bones having a dead woman in called Inger, which is pronounced with a soft g, rather than IN-GER! like in the show. Other example was Stefan Rasmussen, who was in Mayday. Sounded funny as well.

And you think you're the only ones who find your pronunciation hilarious.

I don't find my pronunciation hilarious. I find English, and in this case especially American, pronunciation of Danish or Scandinavian words and names hilarious. Because it is. To me.

O wait, I remember a mentioning of lyra a long time ago in your previous art thread.  (a loooong time ago, before it was locked.)

She has been drawn a bit, I think Strop might have her somewhere close to the newest end of his thread as well.

Posted Aug 15, '12 at 12:25pm

light_chaser

light_chaser

659 posts

that may be where I saw it...  lol thread mixup.

Posted Aug 28, '12 at 4:34pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

Ttly not a bump.
And I hope Gantic doesn't see it before I have something to show, but...

that may be where I saw it...  lol thread mixup.

Well, I do post a bit of Lyra every once in a while. Though she was never that big of a subject in my - published art.
She does need a proper revamp, I think, the newest art of her was for the AirGear crossover.

Either way. I want to draw stupid stuff. I probably will draw said stupid stuff, so everyone checking in, prepare. For the stupid and ridiculous. And zombies and fanart and gay wings. Probably.

Bonus repost lichen
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/lichen.jpg

Posted Aug 28, '12 at 9:01pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,768 posts

You totally know that I was totally on and I totally saw when you totally posted this with the name change and everything right?

Posted Aug 28, '12 at 9:37pm

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,281 posts

Are you leaving it to us to interpret what that is? Personally I think it's melting butter with grapes trapped inside.

Why is there no contest that leaves it to the users to interpret and determine what a given piece of artwork is supposed to be? The person with the best response wins? That would be an awesome contest!

Posted Aug 28, '12 at 10:24pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,768 posts

Are you leaving it to us to interpret what that is?

This does not have art.
This does not have the answer.