ForumsArt, Music, and WritingCenere's hilarious shenanigans - free tea by the door [locked by request]

249 79804
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Look, I can art too.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/img019.jpg

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/img020-1.jpg
Hydreigon(c)Nintendo, Gamefreak
Kinda my take on it, since I didn't have a ref.
I think I got it wrong.

• 249 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

People? Since when did I turn plural?

My words must paint pictures. Or you have mutated. I am going with the latter.
Oh, and he is probably going to fail the jump and break something.

ACL tear. Just trust me, inside joke. Not really funny either...Ummmm...ya. None of you would get it. So I don't know why I made it.
No one read all this, do they...

Of course I did. You want comments?
light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

Well, it kinda does smoosh it a little bit, but what I meant was arts by the mods and mods of Christmas past...

Also, thanks, I don't know how I could have missed the tray.... XD

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

My words must paint pictures. Or you have mutated. I am going with the latter.

I do have a bit of a multiple personality/schizoid mentality, but neither of those voices were the ones drawing.

ACL tear. Just trust me, inside joke. Not really funny either...Ummmm...ya. None of you would get it. So I don't know why I made it.

Sounds painful. But eh, he's resilient. It's Kai, after all*.

Of course I did. You want comments?

Don't I always? But eh, up to you, if there is nothing to comment on, then there is not reason to comment.

Well, it kinda does smoosh it a little bit, but what I meant was arts by the mods and mods of Christmas past...

I always liked the mod of Christmas present better. Oh well.

Also, thanks, I don't know how I could have missed the tray.... XD

Said tray is also very good for jamming the door in case of zombies.

*I am starting to feel it would be a good idea to make a small introduction to some of the characters that keep popping up? Like Kai, who only people from 2008 will remember readily. Same with Lyra, who shouldn't have become a character anyway.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Well what is the black line on the right side of the picture? It looks like your hand slipped while using a type of brush.

And the leaves on the trees on the left side of Kai seem to bright. I think they take away a little from focusing on Kai.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Well what is the black line on the right side of the picture? It looks like your hand slipped while using a type of brush.

I should probably have put some kind of texture on the block, so it didn't just look like a black line, but actually an block of concrete or a building, which he (stupidly) jumped from. But I was getting tired and I hate backgrounds.

And the leaves on the trees on the left side of Kai seem to bright. I think they take away a little from focusing on Kai.

He wouldn't like attention being put on something else than him, so noted. Some leaves do have rather bright leaves, especially early in the spring, before the sun has started burning through properly.
The same colour was used for some of the leaves on the other side as well, so I guess it's just because it's contrasting against the building and the darker branches of one of the other trees.

And tinylol, but I kinda thought you meant if I wanted comments on the rant. No one usually seems particularly interested in my brainspawn, so I assumed there was nothing to actually comment on and that no one would bother reading it anyway.
As for comments on the image, well, as written, I am still rather high on completing it. It was a nice image. I am hella proud of it, and now I am starting to feel that familiar "you could have done better" feel. Oh well. Doing better with beating Pan up for the ASC this week.
light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

I remember kai, but who the heck is lyra?

*goes to check the WoM archive*

also, said tray is very good to decapitate zombies with...*

*only if sharpened with industrial sharpener.

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

nice drawings, howd u change the name?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I remember kai, but who the heck is lyra?

Cen's dream girl. Literally so, as he has never met her, but does dream about her from time to time.
The AU Strop and I have been toying with does take it further than that, but otherwise.
Pretty brunette girl with blue eyes.

nice drawings, howd u change the name?

Thanks. Magic.

And something else, just because: I really, really do enjoy watching American series with Danish or Scandinavian characters or people in them. Not just because it's fun to see a small country like this being mentioned, but also because Americans pronounce Danish names in a hilarious way.
ABarOfSoap
ABarOfSoap
230 posts
Nomad

Nice job on the foreshortening, Cenere. Pretty difficult pulling off that type of perspective.

Besides that, I guess my only other comment would be to make the lighting more dramatic (stronger highlights and darker shadows) since it's a bit difficult to tell where the primary light is coming from.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Americans pronounce Danish names in a hilarious way.

No we don't. You guys just have hilarious names.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

No we don't. You guys just have hilarious names.

Nup. Sorry, but it is most definitely the pronunciation.
Which is understandable, of course, but no less amusing and slightly hilarious.

Nice job on the foreshortening, Cenere. Pretty difficult pulling off that type of perspective.

Thanks. It took forever to get right, and I keep seeing evidence that it might not have been as successful as I hoped.

Besides that, I guess my only other comment would be to make the lighting more dramatic (stronger highlights and darker shadows) since it's a bit difficult to tell where the primary light is coming from.

I would, but some of the exercise was to get the light to fit the setting. Spring doesn't have a very stark light, not to mention it is rather cool as well, and that was what I was trying to capture, rather than making the shadow and highlight look as dramatic as possible.
I will, however, be doing cellshading in the next entry, so the light there should be a bit easier to make out.
light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

O wait, I remember a mentioning of lyra a long time ago in your previous art thread. (a loooong time ago, before it was locked.)

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Nup. Sorry, but it is most definitely the pronunciation.

You guys have people named "Uffe" (ooh-fuh). That's the noise a fat guy makes when he's lifting something heavy.

And you think you're the only ones who find your pronunciation hilarious.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

You guys have people named "Uffe" (ooh-fuh). That's the noise a fat guy makes when he's lifting something heavy.

Yes, I am aware. The reason I posted it was due to Bones having a dead woman in called Inger, which is pronounced with a soft g, rather than IN-GER! like in the show. Other example was Stefan Rasmussen, who was in Mayday. Sounded funny as well.

And you think you're the only ones who find your pronunciation hilarious.

I don't find my pronunciation hilarious. I find English, and in this case especially American, pronunciation of Danish or Scandinavian words and names hilarious. Because it is. To me.

O wait, I remember a mentioning of lyra a long time ago in your previous art thread. (a loooong time ago, before it was locked.)

She has been drawn a bit, I think Strop might have her somewhere close to the newest end of his thread as well.
light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

that may be where I saw it... lol thread mixup.

Showing 61-75 of 249