ForumsNews and FeedbackPlease allow HTML5 games!

4 3235
ClancyJC
ClancyJC
4 posts
Nomad

Hey guys. I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place... but could you guys help me to convince the staff here to allow HTML5 games? Here's five good reasons they should support this. First off, they are compatible with ANY device with a modern browser, Flash allowed or not. That means that you could show off to a MUCH larger audience! Second, HTML5 needs NO extra software, so no more updating your Flash engine! Third, there are TONS of HTML5 editors out there, including some free ones. Free ones include Construct 2 (scirra.com) and Game Salad (gamesalad.com/creator). Fourth, HTML5 is NOT going to be dominated by ONE company, unlike Flash. The public can suggest improvements to W3C, and they can improve it for everyone. W3C is only the group in charge of developing the code and standardizing it, they are NOT a company. Fifth, the HTML5 code is constantly improving, but nothing part of it will be outdated, instead parts of it that are uncommon in the future will be kept in the browsers, so that they will always be useable.

If you staff read this, please consider adding this. If not, could you tell me how to contact the staff the right way? thanks!

• 4 Replies
Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

I think that it would be a wonderful idea, especially for people who use handheld devices that don't support flash. And even the handheld devices that do support flash, they usually load most flash games slower due to hardware limitations.

I think it would be a wonderful addition to AG, and the switch to AG3 is a perfect time to implement support for it.

I support this notion, and hope our dreams don't get crushed :P

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

if it works with things like Ipod touches then why not?

~I'm the most manly man, and i support this message

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I don't think it would work because changing games into HTML might be difficult. Not to mention it takes up much more space.

Showing 1-3 of 4