Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

This years NFL season

Posted Apr 14, '13 at 8:37pm

matrixdiscoking

matrixdiscoking

119 posts

All the QB's were in the last draft.

totally agree RG3 and Luck wow it was a good season for both rookie QB's but what about a QB that was overlooked but lead his team to the playoffs Russel Wilson

Posted Apr 15, '13 at 12:27am

xeano321

xeano321

2,546 posts

Knight

but what about a QB that was overlooked but lead his team to the playoffs Russel Wilson

Just goes to show that you never underestimate any Quarterback or team... You never know, getting the right mix of players can mean a playoff berth or a Lombardi Trophy.

Posted Apr 15, '13 at 9:13pm

vinster132

vinster132

5,486 posts

but what about a QB that was overlooked but lead his team to the playoffs Russel Wilson

He did have a better overall team compared to Andrew Luck's or RG3's. Seahawks had better defense and a running game.

Posted Apr 16, '13 at 11:26pm

AngelOfDemon

AngelOfDemon

315 posts

What about the Cowboys? Romo isn't really doing that great of a job for them

Tony Romo is incredibly underrated. Here's reality, he threw for over 4900 yards last season and over 20 touchdowns. Those are really good stats, career highs in fact. Everyone goes off about how he throws a lot of interceptions but I watched most of the Cowboys games this year and a good amount of them were from him throwing hail marys in the last minutes on a desperation 4th down. It could happen to anyone. Also, they go off about how the Cowboys don't make the playoffs and they blame Romo for it. Why?? He can't play every position, he can't play defense, he can't catch his own passes for his receivers, maybe if Dez Bryant wouldnt drop a quarter of the passes he sees then they will win some more games.

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 6:57pm

xeano321

xeano321

2,546 posts

Knight

He can't play every position,

No, he can't play every position, but he is the most important guy on the team. He's the Quarterback, the seasons wins and losses all fall on him and his choices. Dallas was 14th in total defense, and 6th in total offense... Not too shabby really.

He threw 19 interceptions last year... His accuracy is kind of questionable, you cant blame all those interceptions on his receivers.

Posted Apr 20, '13 at 8:06am

realmton

realmton

87 posts

Lets go SAINTS!!!!!

Posted Apr 22, '13 at 12:38am

AngelOfDemon

AngelOfDemon

315 posts

He threw 19 interceptions last year... His accuracy is kind of questionable, you cant blame all those interceptions on his receivers.

I'm not trying to blame all 19 on his receivers, I just specifically remember 3 interceptions that bounced off of his receiver's hands and 2 that came on 4th down with 20 seconds or less on the clock from their own 30. And his accuracy is questionable, I completely agree.

and 6th in total offense

Yeah, Romo led his offense to be 6th in the league, yet most people still say he is terrible. I'm not trying to make a case that Romo is the best QB in the league or anything like that, no way. I'm just trying to prove to all of the skeptics that he is a very good QB

Posted Apr 23, '13 at 3:32pm

matrixdiscoking

matrixdiscoking

119 posts

well Romo is ok but te best QB right now is Peyton Manning
The best RB is AP(Adrian Peterson)
CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE DRAFT

Posted Apr 23, '13 at 9:30pm

xeano321

xeano321

2,546 posts

Knight

well Romo is ok but te best QB right now is Peyton Manning

I know I'm going to stir up a discussion mentioning this, but Tom Brady is the best QB.

Posted Apr 29, '13 at 10:15pm

AngelOfDemon

AngelOfDemon

315 posts

I know I'm going to stir up a discussion mentioning this, but Tom Brady is the best QB.

u certainly did stir up a discussion :)

When I think of who the best QB in the league is, Brady and Peyton are two names that definitely come into my mind right away, but also Rodgers and Brees come into my mind as well. Out of those four, I really can't decide a "best" of them because they are great in different ways.

Brady is an absolute football genius, he knows the game inside and out and can pick apart any defense he sees, and is the safest bet to not give the ball away.

Peyton Manning is the best short ball thrower in the league. He leads long, methodical drives, he scores and takes up a good chunk of time in the process. And for an older guy, he can escape pressure very well.

Brees, plain and simple, most accurate passer in the league, bar none, short medium and long ball he can deliver a pin point accurate throw. He consistently puts up bug yardage numbers and has lead the NFL in that category the past 2 years, if not more.

Rodgers is an incredibly well-rounded QB. Great accuracy, great power, and above all, great mobility. He is the only one of the 4 with the ability to make things happen with his legs, best out of pocket passer.

Reply to This years NFL season

You must be logged in to post a reply!