2: Ravens

3:Giants

4: Packers

5: 49ers

BigRoosta30
BigRoosta30
76 posts
Nomad

I just don't see the saints doing as good with the punishment they received.

AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
418 posts
Nomad

I just don't see the saints doing as good with the punishment they received.

O yeah I completely forgot about the whole bounty scandal. I guess that would have a huge effect on the team. But the problem I see with the Ravens is that I heard somewhere that Terrell Suggs isn't going to play for a while. I may be wrong, thats just what I heard. Also, Their receivers are not very good. I know they have Ray Rice to fall back on but for how long? If they face a team like the 49ers and their tenacious rush defense I dont know how the Ravens would handle their offense with Rice shut down.
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

The New York Giants were a surprising team in last year's season. Nobody expected them to beat the Packers. Or even talk about them making it into the playoffs. All the talk was about Eli Manning and Tom Coughlin. And that if they should go or not. They proved a point last year by winning a Super Bowl. But this year I don't think so.

i agree first getting past the cowboys to get in was amazing
then beating the packers was shocking
then beating the 49ers was unbeliveable
then beating the patriots!!! now that that was legendary
what the giants did to win was slip into the playoffs after getting on a small streak
then get on a bigger role
then eventually being on fire and burning the patriots

Saints: They clearly have the WR/TE talents with Meachem and Graham, Darren Sproles is a very vercitile receiving RB, and you can never count out Brees, one of the best QBs in the game, the only problem i see with them is that Brees has been waiting a long time to sign, i saw what happened with CJ2K waiting to sign and i fear of what may happen to Brees

im scared too
i hope brees will be ok
even though im not a saints fan

Frank Gore is always a name associated with elite RBs in the league, and their dominant rush defense

he wont do as good as arian foster

Ahmad Bradshaw, not the most reliable runningback in the league,

FOSTER

Aaron Rodgers...nuff said, one of the greatest QBs in the last decade

i say hes 4th best of all time

1 joe montanna (who else)
2. brett farve
3. tom brady

Thoughts??

texans will win

My top five teams
1: Patriots
2: Ravens
3:Giants
4: Packers
5: 49ers

mine

1. texans
2. steelers
3. packers
4. cowboys
5. colts

Also, Their receivers are not very good. I know they have Ray Rice to fall back on but for how long? If they face a team like the 49ers and their tenacious rush defense I dont know how the Ravens would handle their offense with Rice shut down.

i agree same with the texans
they can't depend on foster and johnson to do everything
they need a little help
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

the texans will win their first superbowl

I can see that happening, but I think Patriots vs. Packers.
I think the Cardinals will have a decent season, with the drafting of Michael Floyd and Jamell Fleming. Floyd will be a weapon so the Double team will come off of Fitzgerald and Fleming will help Patrick Peterson on D. Calais Campbell and Darnell Docket should have a good season on the D-Line. Kolb isn't a fantastic QB so I predict a 9-7 season at best, 6-10 at worst.

I don't think the Broncos have enough weapons for Manning so I predict 10 wins there. I think the Packers will go Undefeated and The Patriots 14-2. I think the Ravens (I predict 13-3) and 9ers (13-3 or 12-4) will both have Fantastic season's so they might contend for the Super Bowl again. Texans (11-5) should be good, the Saints (10-6) not so good, compared to recent season's.
Seattle will be the Underdogs if Matt Flynn is starting, if not then I think they are like the Cardinals and float around .500.

i think its going to be good especially with RG3 and Andrew Luck

Yes, but they are rookies so I predict their teams go anywhere from 3 wins to 6. I think RG3 will have a better record, but Luck will have a better season.
Panthers will have a good chance to surprise many with Steve Smith and Cam Newton. If Bradford stays healthy so will the Rams.
AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
418 posts
Nomad

I say hes the 4th best all time

I don't know about all time because of people like Bart Starr and Dan Marino. I would say top 4 in the past 20 or so years though

He won't do as well as Arian foster

Couldn't agree more. I know he won't do as well as guys like foster ray rice and lesean McCoy, but if you think about great RBs of the last decade, gore is up there.
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

i think its going to be good especially with RG3

is he playing as full time quarterback
or backup

I don't know about all time because of people like Bart Starr and Dan Marino. I would say top 4 in the past 20 or so years though

oh yah i forgot about marino
not so sure about starr
but he did do good

but if you think about great RBs of the last decade, gore is up there

how long has he played for the nfl
1zth
1zth
192 posts
Nomad

Giants BABY!

AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
418 posts
Nomad

is he playing as full time quarterback
or backup

I'd imagine he plays starter. But I'm not 100% sure

how long has he played for the nfl

He was drafted in 2005
AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
418 posts
Nomad

Also, just for the sake of discussion im gonna post my top 5 at each position

Top 5 QBs
5. Tony Romo: Nice accurate passer but i dont think he has enough reliable receivers to put up huge numbers
4. Eli Manning: Arguably has the best WR core in the NFL and with his power and accuracy, is capable of putting up incredible stats
3. Drew Brees: Racks up the yards, cannot argue that. One of the most accurate passers in NFL history, but waiting out on signing is a huge red flag and could have a negative effect on his stats.
2. Aaron Rodgers: Soooooo many options, he will put up 40-50 TDs every year for a while. Also, he couples his great passing with a solid running game of his own.
1. Tom Brady: Great leader, sooo many options in that stacked Patriot offense and lets face it, he doesnt throw that many interceptions when he gets in the zone. And at times, he can do absolutely no wrong.

Top 5 RBs
5. Lesean McCoy: Had a great season last year, I believe he finished with the most TDs among RBs. Great combo of speed and strength and has a pretty strong O Line to help him out. But their coach said he was "over used" last year which would mean less reps this year
4. Chris Johnson: One bad year, so what? He is the fastest player in the NFL and speed never has a bad year. He WILL bounce back this year.
3. Matt Forte: Speed, jukes, strength, he can do it all. Not to mention it takes 2-3 guys to tackle him, one guy isnt enough. The obvious problem is that injury last year and how it may effect him. But I'm not that worried.
2. Ray Rice: Speed kills, we already know that, but he also gets huge number of carries which will lead to more yards and more TDs, but there is a chance that he loses short yardage situations to Bernard Pierce.
1. Arian Foster: The guy is a beast, he is a load and he knows how to move. He is faster than you would expect looking at him and he is also a great receiving running back. He can kill both ways. Like an upgraded Darren Sproles.

Top 5 WRs
5. Mike Wallace: Par none, he is the fastest WR in the league and is a constant threat for the long ball. And he is getting put into more 10-15 yard routes this year to give him more receptions when he gets extra coverage. But he proved last year he couldnt handle a double coverage that well, he needs to work on it.
4. Wes Welker: Gets 100+ receptions every year. Also, he runs 7-10 yard routes to eat up a defense and also has the burst and explosiveness to stretch it to 20-25 yard gains. But with so many more options in the Pats lineup, he could slip into the
background.
3. Hakeem Nicks: Size 14 hands and an incredible jumping ability. He can catch just about anything you throw at him. But with a guy like Victor Cruz next to him, its going to come down to which one of them gets the extra attention.
2. Larry Fitzgerald: BEST HANDS IN NFL HISTORY. He can catch anything, and i mean anything. He can work with a double coverage phenomenally. The only problem is the QB situation in Arizona.
1. Calvin Johnson: They call him... MEGATRON!!!! and for a good reason, he has the best jumping ability in the game right now and can handle double coverage better than any other receiver. The red zone flat to Johnson=TD every time.

superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

I'd imagine he plays starter. But I'm not 100% sure

well i think hes better than the current

Lesean McCoy: Had a great season last year, I believe he finished with the most TDs among RBs. Great combo of speed and strength and has a pretty strong O Line to help him out. But their coach said he was "over used" last year which would mean less reps this year

im surpirsed you pt him fifth
not many people would say hes fifth

Top 5 QBs

you didn't put alex smith or ben rothlesbirger(?)

Arian Foster:

agreed
hes not the fastest but hes the smartest

Top 5 RBs

i agree with those

Top 5 WRs

ypu probably missed the best
Andre Johnson
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

ignore 4:45 - 5:45
stupid cortland finegan

AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
418 posts
Nomad

ypu probably missed the best
Andre Johnson

He gets injured way too often to be great. He has the skill, not the durability

you didn't put alex smith or ben rothlesbirger(?)

Alex Smith is good, not great. The 5 I put down are hands down better than smith. Roethlisherger didn't have stellar 2012 season so I don't know what to expect from him this season.

ignore 4:45 - 5:45
stupid cortland finegan

WHY?!?! That's my favorite part. Makes Johnson look like an absolute ******
AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
418 posts
Nomad

absolute ******

Absolute BAMF
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts