ForumsWEPRSo whats you thoughts on the illegal aliens ?

76 18494
ethan3300
ethan3300
100 posts
Shepherd

What are your thoughts on the bill Obama passed that allowed 800,000 illegal aliens to come to america

• 76 Replies
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

What are your thoughts on the bill Obama passed that allowed 800,000 illegal aliens to come to america

Could you provide a link please? I've heard of the bill, I just can't seem to find any good sources that say this. Question: Does it allow 800,000 to stay, or to come.

I don't think of the bill as too much of a bad thing the immigrants often come from a poor life, they get here and make a lot more money. It also benefits people who've been here since they were kids are should be counted as American.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

With a declining birth rate, and an education system like that, it is a good move. The policy only covers those under 30, have been living in America for at least 5 years, and must have arrived before the age of 16. Many of these people have built America up in their time here, with many of them being immigrants. I see no reason why this specific demographic shouldn't be allowed to become American citizens.

And to correct the OP, it's not ''allowing them to come'', it's just letting them have the chance to qualify for work permits. America has always been a country of immigrants, so calling these ''aliens'' as unwanted is a tad bit hypocritical.

Many people don't realise it, but a fair bit of ''America's'' scientific and technological prowess is due to the H1B ''genius visa'' attracting so many non-America scientists and intellects to take up shop in America. For example, 50% of all PhD candidates in America are foreign born. Quite clearly, America needs such people in the long run.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

aliens... realy?

--.--' realy, realy?

i guess we have confirmed living aliens then.
(how stupid can you be?)

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

(how stupid can you be?)

Read OP! Immigrants, not UFOs.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Read OP! Immigrants, not UFOs.

he calling them aliens. makes me unable to see him as a rational person.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

he calling them aliens. makes me unable to see him as a rational person.

That's the proper terminology.

Illegal Alienâ
noun

1. A foreigner who has entered or resides in a country unlawfully or without the country's authorization.

2. A foreigner who enters the U.S. without an entry or immigrant visa, especially a person who crosses the border by avoiding inspection or who overstays the period of time allowed as a visitor, tourist, or businessperson. Compare resident alien.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

(how stupid can you be?)

"In law, an alien is a person in a country who is not a citizen of that country.". It is the correct term, don't be a moron about it.

Someone has been listening to Republic talk radio again, ah?

Does it allow 800,000 to stay, or to come.

Stay, the bill is passed for people who have already been in America a long time.

I don't think of the bill as too much of a bad thing the immigrants often come from a poor life, they get here and make a lot more money. It also benefits people who've been here since they were kids are should be counted as American.

So where do they get the money? Wouldn't allowing a lot of poor people to enter the country make the country overall poorer? Of course it is good for the immigrants, but how does it effect America?

With a declining birth rate, and an education system like that, it is a good move. The policy only covers those under 30, have been living in America for at least 5 years, and must have arrived before the age of 16. Many of these people have built America up in their time here, with many of them being immigrants. I see no reason why this specific demographic shouldn't be allowed to become American citizens.

It also covers only those who enter illegally, but have not committed any crime since they entered the state. So would that not make them all criminals? They are illegal immigrants, they are the people who did not come here legally.

Many people don't realise it, but a fair bit of ''America's'' scientific and technological prowess is due to the H1B ''genius visa'' attracting so many non-America scientists and intellects to take up shop in America. For example, 50% of all PhD candidates in America are foreign born. Quite clearly, America needs such people in the long run.

Interesting. How many people who get this grant come from a poor and improvised family who entered the country illegally? Poor peasants rarely are able to educate themselves well, even if the people under this bill have to go threw high school, there is a good chance it probably is not going to be a very good school. These are not a bunch of geniuses, they are a bunch of people who where so poor they where willing to risk safety to come do a separate country where they somehow managed to do some things for years.

The argument really goes down to who this benefits. It would benefit the people coming in, which is of course good. Then again, so would the U.S just going down there and taking Mexico and turning it into several states. Would it benefit the country the are immigrating to, though?
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Of course it is good for the immigrants, but how does it effect America?

They often work hard in their jobs. And there are a lot in places like california who pick fruit for lower wages then they deserve. In those places they're used as cheap labor. I don't agree with it, but it is benefical to those bussiness.

These are not a bunch of geniuses, they are a bunch of people who where so poor they where willing to risk safety to come do a separate country where they somehow managed to do some things for years.

These are not a bunch of geniuses, they are a bunch of people who where so poor they where willing to risk safety to come do a separate country where they somehow managed to do some things for years.

Just because they were poor doesn't mean that they can't be succesful. It really varies based on the person.

Would it benefit the country the are immigrating to, though?

I think it's at least better than trying to find them all to kick them out of country. That seems like a waste of money to me, and it also doesn't help the immigrants.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

They often work hard in their jobs. And there are a lot in places like california who pick fruit for lower wages then they deserve. In those places they're used as cheap labor. I don't agree with it, but it is benefical to those bussiness.

How is that any different than what they do illegally? If they where to become legal citizens, they would have to be payed minimum wage. Witch would be good for them, if the fact that there are still illegals who work for less than that. So either the fruit pickers would have to get payed MORE, defeating the point of cheap labor, or get payed the same amount, defeating the point of them becoming citizens.

Just because they were poor doesn't mean that they can't be succesful. It really varies based on the person.

It does not, but it is a major handicap to success, as well as many of the other negative aspects of being an illegal. For example, they have to take years to learn English properly, they will have poor education, and poor jobs. How can you have any success with such a big handicap?

I think it's at least better than trying to find them all to kick them out of country. That seems like a waste of money to me, and it also doesn't help the immigrants.

So wouldn't this also waste money, since the near million people entering the country would likely qualify for many government programs like social security? They are poor, otherwise they would just enter legally, so it isn't like the taxes they would pay would do much. This would end up costing money, and would put citizens in poor paying, poor conditioned jobs. No matter what you do, your either going to help one and hurt the other, or hurt both, or not change anything.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

he calling them aliens. makes me unable to see him as a rational person

I'm sorry but I burst out laughing when I saw that. Are we not familiar with immigration?

Honestly, I don't see what's so wrong with letting immigrants to America or not. Letting anyone be a part of our society equally was in the ideals for America. If they do it illegally, however, then they should be forced to give all of their real information or be sent back to wherever they came from.

We all have to follow the laws whether we like to or not.
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

It does not, but it is a major handicap to success, as well as many of the other negative aspects of being an illegal.

So wouldn't that make the bill a good thing then? They won't be illegal and won't need to face the handicaps illgals face.

[quote]They are poor, otherwise they would just enter legally, so it isn't like the taxes they would pay would do much. quote]

Actually it might hurt us because as legals they would ask for tax returns. link. So then the government would have less money than it already has. But there would be more money in the hands of the immigrants, which is again good for them. Hm...

To me it seems like this is mostly good for the immigrants. And... I'm okay with that.
beckitten27
beckitten27
336 posts
Peasant

I thought you meant REAL aliens! as in from another planet!

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

So wouldn't that make the bill a good thing then? They won't be illegal and won't need to face the handicaps illgals face.

It would be good for the illegals, who would still face many of the negatives I mentioned like poor education. It does not benefit anyone else, and may not even benefit the illegals. For example, while police may stop trying to deport them, they still will not be able to quit their 50c a day jobs, having no experience outside it, and could actually lose their jobs because of it.

Your bottom quote is confusingly broken.

Actually it might hurt us because as legals they would ask for tax returns. link. So then the government would have less money than it already has. But there would be more money in the hands of the immigrants, which is again good for them. Hm...

To me it seems like this is mostly good for the immigrants. And... I'm okay with that.

So you are saying that the government of America, built by and for the American citizens, should do something that will have a negative effect on their own citizens...Out of pity? For a bunch of criminals from another country?
macfan1
macfan1
421 posts
Nomad

So whats you thoughts on the illegal aliens ?

Hate em. They have no right to come to America. Taxpaying citizens pay for all the needs of these drug carrying, illegals. ILLEGALS. ILLEGALS

As you may know, I hate obama, and dissagree with most everything he does. This is no different. What an idiot.

I thought you meant REAL aliens! as in from another planet!

Ugh, no. We refer to illegal immigrants as illegal aliens sometimes.

Could you provide a link please? I've heard of the bill, I just can't seem to find any good sources that say this. Question: Does it allow 800,000 to stay, or to come.

Didn't hear of it either. But I wouldn't be suprised if it happened. Obama frequently does stupid things like that.

However. They aren't really that bad. As long as they stick to strawberry picking, I wouldn't harm them. They eagerly take low income jobs that most citizens don't want (which is good).

Yes. They can rise up and take control of the citizens. And the country. I kind of see them as a menace. Soon obama will hire them to vote for him. Don't you see? He's trying to support them, let them in the border, (or let them stay if they already fought their way in here) to get their votes. Yes, illegals (as of now) can't vote, but obama will allow them to vote soon.

Sure, it would be nice to have door to door raids, looking for them, but that would take a lot of money, and people. And maybe it's just good to leave them alone (as long as they don't cause too much trouble).

Taxpayers should obviously pay for the needs of someone who doesn't even belong here. That isn't right. It really has to stop.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Hate em. They have no right to come to America. Taxpaying citizens pay for all the needs of these drug carrying, illegals. ILLEGALS. ILLEGALS

What needs to you pay for them, any way? Taxes don't pay for illegals... Except to get rid of them.

And this law only caries those who did not carry drugs, or at the very least where not carrying enough to get caught. This would only allow people who's only crime was wanting a better life.

As you may know, I hate obama, and dissagree with most everything he does. This is no different. What an idiot.

Why?

Ugh, no. We refer to illegal immigrants as illegal aliens sometimes.

Both terms are correct. But illegal aliens covers more, technically. For example, if I was running drugs into Canada and illegally crossed the border, I would be an illegal alien. If I crossed the border to Canada to live there, then I would be an illegal immigrant. And an illegal alien, since that term covers it to.

Didn't hear of it either. But I wouldn't be suprised if it happened. Obama frequently does stupid things like that.

Am I the only one who has heard of it? I heard it on my coworker's republican radio, I would have thought people who actively hate Oboma (Or Kardasian, as they call him on that radio. Apparently middle names are evil.)

However. They aren't really that bad. As long as they stick to strawberry picking, I wouldn't harm them. They eagerly take low income jobs that most citizens don't want (which is good).

So you are saying that it is good to let criminals in the country, as long as you get cheap labor and cheap strawberries?

Yes. They can rise up and take control of the citizens. And the country. I kind of see them as a menace. Soon obama will hire them to vote for him. Don't you see? He's trying to support them, let them in the border, (or let them stay if they already fought their way in here) to get their votes. Yes, illegals (as of now) can't vote, but obama will allow them to vote soon.

Are you sure you have not heard of this yet? That vote thing is exactly what it said on the radio.

How would eight hundred people take over the country? Are you saying that we are weak enough that that few people can take over the country? Are you not confident in your ideals enough that you believe they can overcome a mere million people?

Sure, it would be nice to have door to door raids, looking for them, but that would take a lot of money, and people. And maybe it's just good to leave them alone (as long as they don't cause too much trouble).

So your saying you are going to let crime go unpunished, simply because you don't want to spend money to stop it?

Taxpayers should obviously pay for the needs of someone who doesn't even belong here. That isn't right. It really has to stop.

People don't pay for the needs of illegal immigrants. In fact, the only part you would be paying for is the police force getting rid of them.

Can you please tell me three things that the taxpayers use that illegal immigrants can use?
Showing 1-15 of 76