ForumsProgramming ForumAnimation Problems

8 4617
alex57834
alex57834
88 posts
Nomad

I am starting my own game and I need help on how to have a animation of a orange rolling while they press any key like the right key. I want it to seen as if the orange is rolling, not like a stationary picture moving. I would be very grateful if anyone could give me the basis on how to do it. Also I have just realized that my vector image of my orange is a MB big. Is there any way I could reduce the memory size to make my game faster.

• 8 Replies
alex57834
alex57834
88 posts
Nomad

Ignore the image I was trying to let you see the graphic of my orange and if it was good. Tell me if you can see it.

strouthas
strouthas
24 posts
Nomad

how we could anyway? it's on your hard disk and it must be on a live server to be viewable in the internet. try to upload it on a free image hoster like photobucket and paste here the link they give you.

alex57834
alex57834
88 posts
Nomad

Can anyone help me plz?

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

I see that your vector file is a .ai file. .ai is a file format that is proprietary to Adobe Illustrator, and if we don't have Illustrator, then we can't open your file.

You'll want to use the .svg file format instead for vector graphics. It is open source and is easier to share on the internet. To do this, open your file in Illustrator and then go to File --> Save As...

In the "File Type" box, click on the arrow and select .SVG from the drop down list, then save it as a svg. Once it is saved as a svg file, you should be able to upload it onto a image hosting website.

Now in your web browser go to an image hosting website (I suggest Tinypic.) Click on "Choose File" and select the svg file you saved earlier, then click on "Upload Now!". It will take a minute or so to upload it (after you fill in the captcha), and then spit out a link that you can copy and paste here for us to see.

As for the file size of your image, it is possible that the canvas size of your vector file is too large. There should be an option to compress a vector file in Adobe Illustrator, but I don't know where it is.

alex57834
alex57834
88 posts
Nomad

Invalid format when I try with SVG and PDF but about the compression it said in the save bit. I had the option to save it as Compession SVG file. Is that the one?. Also when you open illustrator do u have to change the millimeters bit to make it save smaller. One last guestion lol how many frames are in a second in the flash timeline?

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

I don't own Illustrator myself so you may have to experiment a little bit to reduce the file size. Sorry, I can't give you any more detailed then that. Posting on the official Adobe forums may give you better results.

In Flash, the default FPS (Frames per second) is 24, however, this can be changed by clicking on the "24" in the bottom bar.

alex57834
alex57834
88 posts
Nomad

I have been seeing the file size and I made about 13 pictures slightly different to make it seem as it is moving and I imported it and made a test animation and the swf was only 4 KB big is this normal.By the way my illustrator and flash is on trail LOL and Im trying to get it back to its cracked form. Im only 12 so my dad would think Im mental spending about £1000 on game making software.

alex57834
alex57834
88 posts
Nomad

So can anyone tell me how to have a animation of a orange rolling while they press any key like the right key. I want it to seen as if the orange is rolling, not like a stationary picture moving.

Showing 1-8 of 8