ForumsArt, Music, and WritingBattle of the arts.

7 3138
ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

O.K so you have clicked on the title so you have to have to have some sort of interest correct? Anyway, this is a simple contest that lasts 1-2 months at a time. All you have to do is enter your art, simple right? Well, that is where you are mistaken. See, there are different parts to each contest and you will enter under one of those parts.

The parts are:

Drawing and painting

Writing and poetry

Paper art (anything folded, cut, glued or basically is created mainly from paper)

Photography and photo editing

Those are the different parts and each contest has a theme that last 2 weeks (there are 2 themes per contest). The top entries are put against each other and the top four are picked from each and then a new theme is introduced and the remaining people are then to make or do something else. The winners get a big pat on the back and the joy of winning as well as a invisible bag of nothingness.

If for any reason a section does not get enough entries it will then be paired with its similar cousin... well distant cousin.

This theme is the brain! it ends 2 weeks from this post ( July 1st 2012)

Rules:

This should go without saying, but I will say it anyway! No copycats!

Please write a small description that is 2-8 sentences that says what it is (and if it is a poem or writing what style it is)

Thanks!

• 7 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I suppose I'll give it a try.

I created the art with Apophysis and the text with Gimp. I called it The Outskirts of the Brain because it looks like the outer lying tissue. I know brains are gray but pink felt natural.

If the sizing ins't right, I'll just fix it quick.

[IMG]http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg606/Salvidian/BRAIN.png[/IMG]

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I copied the wrong box. Oops.

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg606/Salvidian/BRAIN.png

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

Do you want it to go under photo editing or drawing and painting? It could be one or the other but you get to pick.

Also, if any one has a new category they think should be in the contest just say so!

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Do you want it to go under photo editing or drawing and painting? It could be one or the other but you get to pick.

Oh, I don't really care. Photo editing, I guess.
acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

Imagine a head filled with no thought or inspiration. We can't, because imagination would be dead. Ourselves would be dead. Not an idea in the sky with flickering light bulbs burning out oh so hopelessly. Brain of happiness, brain of light, brain of creation, brain of life. As he makes the plan, we make the world. We make ourselves.

*claps*

I liked it.

Not sure what kind of style of writing it is... But it's writing.

Are we allowed to join two different categories? Let's say, writing and drawing?

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

The brain can be a pain,
but sometimes it can be a lane
to an inspiration,
but most of the time it becomes
a realization.

I would like to enter this to the poetry part.

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

@Acmed:

One entry per section. You should know though you can only win in one of them, not both. Feel free to enter one in every single section if you want.

Showing 1-7 of 7